• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Christmas Tree - Real or Fake?

What the topic title says xp

• Real

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Fake

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just a random polling. If you don't celebrate Christmas or don't put up a tree, I'm not looking for responses saying such.
All I'm curious about is, if you or your family does put up a Christmas tree each year, do you buy/cut down a real tree, or do you have one of the fake ones? If you feel like replying, tell us why you/your family chooses to use the one it does. I'm just wondering which is the more popular trend among you guys.

According to my mother we used to have real trees in the past, but as far as I can remember all of our Christmas trees have been the fake variety. I like that, personally. I know the trees are grown to be cut down - just like how cows/pigs/etc. are raised to be eaten - but I figure if I'm comfortable using a fake, why not? Plus, rather easy clean up. Take off the decorations, shove it back in its box, and wait until next year.

How about the rest of you?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Fake

I remember having real trees when I was little, but mostly we've had fake ones. I'm glad, because I don't think the tree should have to die when we can have perfectly decent fake trees that do exactly the same. The only thing I miss about real trees is the smell of pine, it always smelt so pretty ^^

A couple of years ago we bought a small real tree, which we planted in the garden after Christmas, figuring it was a happy medium between real and fake. However, the environment isn't suitable for it and it died after a year of constant rain, so that idea didn't work out

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
We used to use real trees, and the whole house smelled like pine... I do miss that smell... but eh, we converted to fake-treeism about a decade ago. Like Katie said, easy cleanup. >> Well, no... our old fake tree was stupid, and you had to assemble branch by branch... that was annoying.

Fake tree. Its old, older than me, actually.

You assemble it, but its not as bad as Sem's.
It resembles the Christmas Tree from Charlie Brown somewhat. o.O

Fake ^^

Not that we've set up a Christmas tree in a while, but still. When we do, it's fake. I agree with Silver Magpie about cutting down a poor tree that's only gonna be used for a month. I used to feel bad about it but I realized you can recycle them somewhat, so I feel slightly better about it. But I'd still rather use an artificial one. I had just as much quality time setting up the fake tree with my family as someone who went out and chopped one down/went to a tree farm.

Now if you could somehow get a live tree in your house and then just simply plant it back outside when you're done, that would be nifty. Hmm...maybe I could find some room deodorizer that smells like pine...

It resembles the Christmas Tree from Charlie Brown somewhat. o.O

LOL Do you mean the scrawny one or the one after they fixed it up nice and pretty?

Fake.

Cause the stupid pine needles fall all over and make a huge mess. That and the fake ones are so much more convenient for my lack of time during the holidays.

I'm just like everybody else, fake, but we used to have real ones. All I really remember is that I had/got to water it. And it smelled good. Our fake ones (we have three) are separated by sections that you put together, two have white lights and one has colored lights.
There's a pretty one for my mom in the living room (or the Pretty room as we call it), a family one that goes in our TV/family room (this one has the colored lights) and a smaller skinny one for our kitchen. This year we only put the pretty one up though >:(.​

Damn, I'm the only one with a real one? :o Wow...
You're not alone!

Well, usually we have fake trees because location keeps me at least two hundred miles from the nearest pine. But since I celebrate Christmas in Wyoming, I take residence next door to a tree farm. Only downside was that we couldn't take all the good decorations with us :(.

Real for me too.

Been a family tradition for as long as I know, probably from my dad's side of the family. Every year we went and cut down our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and had it up within the next week. I personally haven't been able to do it for the past few years, but we still use a real tree. ^_^