• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Christmas Lists

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm bad, I know. It's way early to start doing these, but since my family members and relatives are the type of people who buy gifts early, I'm more or less writing this for myself. Might as well might a topic out of it ^_^

Feel free to edit your lists over the coming weeks, or not to use a list at all. Maybe you're just not a greedy person from a family of equally generous/greedy individuals XP

And no, I don't expect to receive everything I'm going to list. I always make them broad to give people lots of ideas and still have the potential to be surprised.

Katie's Ye Old Christmas List - 2006
Games
Final Fantasy V - GBA
Children of Mana - DS
Yoshi's Island 2 - DS
Contact - DS
Kirby Squeak Squad - DS
Tales of the Tempest - DS (?)
New Super Mario Bros. - DS
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - PS2
Tales of the Abyss - PS2

Movies
X-Men III
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Yanno, I don't usually make my lists until the beginning of December, but since I've been thinking about it, and there is this open topic that I can post in just staring at me (and I'm bored), I'll post an off-the-top-of-my-head list...that will be edited later...

By the way, there will be eventually five items marked with an asterisk. I always star the five items I want the most, but the stars won't go up until I have my full list in December. >_

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing but Final Fantasies III and V for me this year, and maybe a 2.0 GB memory card for my Wii. You can all feel free to get me whatever you want!

Daaaamn. I knew I was forgetting a few games XD

FF III I plan to buy on my own, but FF V can go on teh list ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I don't really get a load of presents any more. My two youngest brothers are the ones that get the full Xmas dealies. Though, Katie's list is just greedy :p. That much stuff would be like two PS3s @_@.

I've said that i'd like a Digital Radio for Xymas, 'cause I broke my alarm clock radio and it was acting up before that anyway thanks to the crapiness of the reception here now (we believe its down to the three dozen Mobile Phone masts they've put up).

My mum said that aside from that she'll just buy me random crap for surprises. More than likely involving Buffy, Doctor Who, Pokemon or possibly comics stuff. In that respect, i'm fairly easy to buy for 'cause i'd gladly lap up ANYTHING related to those things. :p My brother (the older younger one) is tougher 'cause he's in the same position as me but tougher to buy random crap like that for 'cause he's just not interested in that sort of stuff.

I really need to get my hands on a new external HD too, not to mention catch up on a backlog of games I have to overlook 'cause of the Wii, but I can't ask for that stuff for Xmas 'cause my mum knows not to buy me any techy stuff or any games 'cause she wouldn't buy me the right/good thing. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Though, Katie's list is just greedy :p. That much stuff would be like two PS3s @_@.

And no, I don't expect to receive everything I'm going to list. I always make them broad to give people lots of ideas and still have the potential to be surprised.

Observant much? :p

but I can't ask for that stuff for Xmas 'cause my mum knows not to buy me any techy stuff or any games 'cause she wouldn't buy me the right/good thing. :p

LOL... Your poor mom. I'm sure her intentions were/are in the right place ^^;

This is why I give specific details for the game related stuff I'm looking for. If a parent can't follow a list that precise, or at least ask about the games at a shop, they've got issues :p

Ever since receiving a Prima guide once instead of a Nintendo Power one, I've included release dates, prices and pictures on my lists so that my folks CAN'T POSSIBLY screw up (though I still live in fear that they will).

Nothing much really

Wii
Rayman Ravving Rabbids
Rayman (the gameboy advance version)

I can't ask for too much this year. Kinda wanna get a DS light because one of the hinges keeping the top screen on mine has snapped off and there are more scratches then you can count but it still functions good so I guess I can live with it. Nothing anime wise (waiting till next year where there will be some cool serises coming out)

*list might change*

Guess you can scratch out my entire list. My mom seems to think that it's a brilliant idea to not receive any presents this year so that we might know how poor kids in random other countries feel. Of course, we're to buy presents for EVERYONE we know, but GETTING is not allowed.

Somebody please rescue me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess you can scratch out my entire list. My mom seems to think that it's a brilliant idea to not receive any presents this year so that we might know how poor kids in random other countries feel. Of course, we're to buy presents for EVERYONE we know, but GETTING is not allowed.

Awww XD

*Hugs*

I'm not gonna lie. That really sucks, and if it were to happen to me I'd rebel. It's called "giving and receiving" for a reason :p

Yes, I can understand what your mom is trying to get at... And maybe we all should experience that. But I still feel for you :( You could play it up. Innocently say that she should cut out some of her usual likes because 'poorer people wouldn't be able to'. Play on her guilt! ;)

I dont want that much but here it is:

1.Xbox 360
2.Xbox live
3.A cell phone-I dont know why I put a cell phone down because im never going to get one.
4.An electric quitar
5. pokemon 10th anniversery DVD Charmander
6. A snake- I put this down every year but I never get 1 because it'll give my grandma a heart attack
because I told my mom when I get 1 im putting it under her pillow so im not getting a
snake

So thats my christmas list.

I'm not getting my hopes up, since my parents always just ignore my christmas list and get me random crap, or the doller store version. Oh well

1. A Wii
2. Call of Duty 3
3. World Series of Poker Tournement of Champions
4.Madden NFL 07
5. Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
6. Smart Parts Ion
7. Crossfire tank of x psi
8. Halo B
9. Nintendo DS lite
10. Empire Jersey set
11. Click
12. Cabela's African Safari
13. The Omen

I'll probably update this later when i know more so what i want

I dont want that much but here it is:

1.Xbox 360
2.Xbox live
3.A cell phone-I dont know why I put a cell phone down because im never going to get one.
4.An electric quitar
5. pokemon 10th anniversery DVD Charmander
6. A snake- I put this down every year but I never get 1 because it'll give my grandma a heart attack
because I told my mom when I get 1 im putting it under her pillow so im not getting a
snake

So thats my christmas list.

Asking for at least $5000 in presents isn't wanting that much? Dude.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Asking for at least $5000 in presents isn't wanting that much? Dude.

LOL. So true :p

I added a few more things to teh list. Thing is, I'll probably receive about 1/10 of the stuff listed - if that. Maybe a DS game or two. A single DVD boxset. Some cash. Pokemon stuff. And socks from the grandparents ^^

I've been thinking about how most families scale down the gift-giving once the children reach a certain age, and while my mom has done the same for us older kiddies, it'll never completely cease. We may not receive oodles of gifts anymore, but we'll generally receive a few rather expensive items (which is mostly due to our expensive hobbies - me and my brother being gamers, my older sister being a DVD freak). It's not like she doesn't receive the same from her own parents each Christmas ($300 cheque anyone?) ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if my mom ended up merging my B-day/Xmas present and buying me a Wii (if I haven't already gotten one by then). Afterall, she bought me a DS when it was originally released, and told me she'd debated getting me a 360 last Xmas (but they were sold out, lol). It was also her and my sister who got me my PS2... Hmm. Wait a few extra weeks and get a free Wii? I could go for that XD

I haven't really put much thought into christmas yet this year... Its my 18th on the 30th of this month, and I should be getting a new car, which i desperately need after blowing up my van last month (RIP SSM!) but yeah other than a Wii which would be greatfully recieved Im not sure if theres much I want other than money... I will probably just tell my parents to get me random stuff or just let me go buy some clothes up in Camden (Cyberdog, here I come!). Basically I'm easy.... =)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... Heh.

I think I've actually convinced my mom to go in half-way with me for a Wii. It didn't take much either o.o
Might not be 100% free on my part, but I'll take any assistance I can get. There's no way I'm going without a Wii for my entire Christmas break >>

She said to me yesterday, "I took a look at the price of the PS3's..." then trailed off into laughter. ^^;

What!!! That sucks. But I have the sulution BEG!!!! Make her feel guilty. It sounds mean but it works ;) and if it doesnt work i'll give you some of my presents, if I find out where your house is. I'll give you some of mine secretly.

My Bday list and Xmas list are merged due to the fact they are 3 days less than a month apart....so its basically like 10 CDs from musicals (which are quite hard to find unless you use teh interwebs) and a memory card for my phone (so it can be my iPod-esque thing).

Yay holidays.

I beat you. My birthday and Christmas are ONE DAY apart. Good news is that I still get birthday presents like normal. I'll just ask for devilishly expensive ones. >:)

my birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas. My parents just have me incorperate my birthday list into my Christmas list. Oh and get this. The school I go is giving me a birthday present: We come back from Christmas Break on my Birthday

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My B-day is exactly 1 week before Christmas, which can either be a good or bad thing. But yeah, I generally incorporate my B-day with my Xmas list. Makes the most sense ;p

Ok this is my Christmas and b day list

Nintendo Wii
Sony PlayStation 3 (60GB)
PSP
Xbox 360 Console Includes 20GB Hard Drive (I don't really need it but I want it)

Pokemon Ranger - DS
Tetris DS - DS
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii
Sonic the Hedgehog - PS3
Daxter - PSP
Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing - PSP
Sonic Rivals - PSP

Pokemon 10th Anniversary Watch by Fossil

[attachment deleted by admin]

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, for Christmas I want:

Money
Wii
More Money
Hex: Ghost (book I've wanted for yeeeeeaaaaars but always forget to ask for ^^")
Any/All FMA (english) manga
FMA anime series/movie DVD (if there are any in the UK >.>)
Photoshop CS2
Corel Painter

And I believe that's pretty much it. Will add some more if I think of anything...

I don't want too much, because my mom never gets me or my sister more than a few things:

Games/Systems

DS Touch Screen fixed(I dented it a while back and couldn't play some of my games because of it)
Pokemon Diamond Version(my mom promises to get it for me when it comes out)

Anime

Inu Yasha episode DVDs(any would do)
Inu Yasha Movies(1-4)

That's all I can think of...for now at least!

Do you mean the Japanese version of Diamond, Milotic? Because that's already out. It's going to be many months until you get the English one, so I'm not sure if putting Diamond on your Christmas list is going to get you anywhere. ^_^;;

No, I'm not getting Diamond imported.
Instead of my mom giving me a "big gift"(over $50 or so in price) on Christmas Day, she's going to buy Diamond for me as a late gift when it comes out in English.

Oh, and I know my DS screen is getting fixed. It's either on it's way to, or in B.C.(British Columbia) now for repairs.I hope it comes back soon because I have to use my sister's DS Lite, which erased my saved file in one of my games >:(, until my DS returns!

Aaaah...I get it now! ^_^;;

Oh yeah...and this is a general question...is Final Fantasy III (for DS) any good for somebody who's new to Final Fantasy? I've never played any Final Fantasy games, but everybody seems to like them...and since there IS one on the DS (and I have a DS)...

I just want to know if it's worth asking for.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yeah...and this is a general question...is Final Fantasy III (for DS) any good for somebody who's new to Final Fantasy? I've never played any Final Fantasy games, but everybody seems to like them...and since there IS one on the DS (and I have a DS)...

FF III probably isn't a good one to start out with unless you want a good challenge. It's tougher than standard RPGs of today and doesn't have save points in dungeons (just Quick Saving). So, by chance you die on an end boss, you've lost about an hour of game play and any treasure you found/level-upping you did.

For a newbie to the series, I'd suggest either FF IV or the FF I & II collection - both on GBA. FF I & II would be perfect for introduction purposes, but FF IV is definitely a much deeper game (yet still fairly basic, short, and easy to get into). FF V was also recently released in NA on GBA, but it was never a big fave of mine.

My suggestion? Ask for FF IV, then buy FF VI when it's released later on. Unless you'd like the added challenge of FF III, then by all means go for it. It's a very pretty and fun game, just tough ^^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
FF III probably isn't a good one to start out with unless you want a good challenge. It's tougher than standard RPGs of today and doesn't have save points in dungeons (just Quick Saving). So, by chance you die on an end boss, you've lost about an hour of game play and any treasure you found/level-upping you did.

Argh! That's why I still haven't finished The Minish Cap (and may, in fact, have sold it - I can't remember now!). Having to constantly go back to the flippin' start of the dungeon and attempt to jump my way back across it... *groans* >:(