• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your biggest mistake you've ever done in any Pokémon game?

I was at Rock Tunnel in LeafGreen, used all my Poke Balls trying to catch an Onix, and failed. Since I didn't want to go all the way back to Cerulean City (and Onix was the only Pokemon I didn't have from Rock Tunnel), I continued onwards. Ran into a shiny Geodude. :(

I'm not particularly fond of Geodude, but it would have been nice to catch it.

one of my greatist blunders was when i got so mad at artacunino (think i spelled this right)any way i threw my master ball at it not knowing about mew2 I saved . When i finaly came to mew2 i was so mad at my self. I resatarted my game. >:(

Not buying Emerald.

"I mean, it's basically Sapphire/Ruby... and Crystal sucked next to Gold/Silver, so it's probably bad and not worth buying."

One fat, happy Pearl pokedex later suspiciously absent of the things easiest to get in Emerald: why didn't I demand that version for one of my birthdays, again? (Though, to be fair, wifi trading has alleviated most of my pain. Still.)

It's either that or my Sapphire save that I swear had all three Regis. When I went back to Pal Park it, I could only find two... grumble.

[quote author=david372 link=topic=4997.msg103320#msg103320 date=1243384357]
my first(and worst) pokemistake was in pokemon gold, i was running to someplace and i came upon a ponyta, i really wanted it to catch it so i used all my ultra balls on it and keep mashing A. so after a while all my ultras were gone and mashed A and the only ball left was my master ball... :pi used my master ball on a freaking ponyta!!!! :'(
>:( >:( >:( >:(
i really wish they would have a screen right before you use a master ball like a confirmation screen or something

Ah the joys of people still believing that repeatedly pressing A improves your chances of catching. And I thought that myth died years ago.[/quote]
It did, but I still find myself doing it out of habit (a trait from my Red version).

on my way to spear pillar, i came upon an Abomasnow. I only had 1 master-ball. then, after finding out it was hard to defeat, i launched my Master-ball on it. and when i got to dialga a Great Ball saved it. Wow, that was a smart idea to waste my master-ball on abomasnow >:( curses for pkmn diamond

I let my uncle play with my Ruby, not realizing that he had no idea what he was doing. I was watching tv, when he ran up to me and said: "Look what I did!". I looked at my game and didn't have the faintest idea of what he was talking about, until I realized that he was showing me a screen with a moving truck. I started 3 years ago, so I didn't realize that he restarted my game. At first, I was psyched, because I actually thought he did something amazing, but then I found that all my previous pokemon were gone. Then I cried.

My biggest mistake has to be catching Rayquaza (in Emerald) with my only masterball, then finding out the chances of getting another one is slim to none. I'm still kicking myself for not either copying it or picking which legendary pokemon I wanted.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
My biggest mistake has to be catching Rayquaza (in Emerald) with my only masterball, then finding out the chances of getting another one is slim to none. I'm still kicking myself for not either copying it or picking which legendary pokemon I wanted.
Ha, I did something similar to that when I was younger. It was my first play through in Gold and I ran out of balls whilst catching Marills, so accidently used my Master Ball to catch one. At this point I had yet to catch neither Lugia nor Ho-oh. It took extra long, but I did end up catching both; although I regretted it immensly whilst trying to catch Lugia...took me like three days.

My biggest mistake was on Pokemon Emerald. I traded my level 100 Salamence to someone so he could use it to get past the gyms, elite 4, etc., and when he wanted to give it back, I didn't have the time, so he restarted his game.

[quote author=SPAZfromBSF link=topic=4997.msg108027#msg108027 date=1245339837]
Ha, I did something similar to that when I was younger. It was my first play through in Gold and I ran out of balls whilst catching Marills, so accidently used my Master Ball to catch one. At this point I had yet to catch neither Lugia nor Ho-oh. It took extra long, but I did end up catching both; although I regretted it immensly whilst trying to catch Lugia...took me like three days.
[/quote]

Ouch ... That would bite. I did something similar with my Silver version on my first playthrough.

I happened to run into a Miltank (first time, so of course I just had to catch it, XD), and I hit the down button on my GBC's keypad one to many times ... Austa-la-vista, Master Ball.

My biggest mistake was in pokemon coloseeum for the gamecube. I made it all the way to the end of the game in like 7 hours of playing, but i was little so i didnt know you had to save the game and i lost all my memory ;-;

My biggest pokemistake was killing every single legendary (except Cresselia and Dialga, which i used a masterball on when i still had 20 ultraballs) in Diamond. I even killed Darkrai and Regigigas! I was a VERY angry retard that week XP.

My biggest mistake was waaay back in the day. I gave some kid my Blue version, to play with. When I got it back, I found that he had caught a Marowak with my Master Ball. I was so pissed off that day. So, lesson learned: Don't let some n00blet take your Pokemon D:

PS- I have since started the game over, but forgetting that i had transferred 3 Regis from emerald to kill 'Gigas. Life is full of small miseries *sobs*... :(

Pokemon Emerald I found a shiny Zubat and wasnt paying attension and ran away and when it said got away safely I notised it was shiny that I freaked out and banged my head on the wall and my friend started laughing so hard and I started crying home
LOL I hate my self

I was free of mistakes until I got to the first series remakes >_< Freakin' Red to Emerald, no problem but then I let a friend have a look at my FireRed since he'd come around to see me before moving.

Some hour later, I discovered said game was gone. I freakin' had fits! I remember I was halfway to training what I'd captured to lv. 100. I was never so bothered over capturing, so I only had 40 poke's or so but still. >_< Effing annoyed.

The biggest mistake I made was with my Crystal game. Me and my friend were looking at eachothers Pokemon (I was looking at his on Blue, he was looking at mine on Crystal), and when it was time to go home, I accadentaly left it there and thought that Blue was Crystal. D:
And then, when my friend was going on a plane to Tennessee, someone stole all his games! I had a really high lv. Feraligatr, Dragonite, and...it was just so sad!

The other one was when I cought Moltress on FireRed. I thought that he'd be hard to catch, but when I got to Articuno, I failed miserably. xD

In my very first Red game, I only used my Charizard and never bothered to catch any other Pokemon. I didn't start catching more until I reached Cinnabar Island.

I've used my master ball on a Bellsprout and a Ditto before. x_x

You know . . . there's a glitch in emerald that lets you copy pokemon and items . . . Just saying . . . but you didn't hear it from me! Ssh! ;) lol
My biggest mistake was just pure stupidity.
In pokemon red I played nonstop for an entire day. I was ten. I was stupid. I was tired. I think I started from that dark cave and got all the way to the E4 When my gameboy died. ,_,
I had lv 70 pokemon . . . an entire team of beefed up pokemon . . .

Needless to say, I've been saving every thirty mins every time I play now . . .

I kicked myself pretty bad over that for several days . . .

In my first pokemon game, blue(that shows my age), i caught articuno with an ultraball, took two steps and ran into a seel that KOd my already weak team. then i got so pissed that i turned it off... then i was even more pissed that i lost my articuno.

My biggest mistake?
Hmm.. must have been when i released a couple of pokemons from my computer, and by accident, releasing Torterra. Yes i turned the game off and on, but i had to release all the pokemons over again. (was giving tons of pokemon to my cousin, and he gave me Starly after Starly after Starly)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
My biggest mistake?
Hmm.. must have been when i released a couple of pokemons from my computer, and by accident, releasing Torterra.

That's why I never use release ;D. I'm too afraid of accidentally releasing someone important and then not noticing and saving. As a result I have boxes upon boxes of whichever the useless Pokemon of that particular game is.

[quote author=GodlessM link=topic=4997.msg103361#msg103361 date=1243429142]
Ah the joys of people still believing that repeatedly pressing A improves your chances of catching. And I thought that myth died years ago.
[/quote]

A? A?! What is this A you're talking about? Doesn't everyone know that it's the B button that you need to press? ;)

Seriously... I know it's a myth, but it helps me feel better when I've got the critter's health down to a sliver, yet am still chucking ball after ball after ball at it...

Oh, just saw this post: quick edit
[quote author=markiiee12 link=topic=4997.msg92675#msg92675 date=1236348062]
good advise for players! ALWAYS SAVE AFTER YOU'VE DONE A IMPORTANT THING!
[/quote]

Even better - always save before you do an important thing! You see the sprite of the legendary Pokemon on your screen, and you HIT SAVE! Then if you chuck all your balls at it without catching it, you can reset and try again without having to trawl through the cave again...

I learned this as a n00b playing Sapphire on the bus and failing to catch Kyogre too many times ::).

That's why I never use release ;D. I'm too afraid of accidentally releasing someone important and then not noticing and saving. As a result I have boxes upon boxes of whichever the useless Pokemon of that particular game is.

Yeah, well i want to catch all the pokemons in the Dex, and i don't want to fill up important rooms :p If only the japs made the boxes bigger...
But putting them in one box and then see if there aren't any important pokemons there before you release them, sounds like a plan.

A? A?! What is this A you're talking about? Doesn't everyone know that it's the B button that you need to press? ;)

A? B? isn't pressing the right move button and B simultaneously the trick? That's the myth i learned. Another myth, is pressing A -> B -> A -> B etc.

Even better - always save before you do an important thing! You see the sprite of the legendary Pokemon on your screen, and you HIT SAVE! Then if you chuck all your balls at it without catching it, you can reset and try again without having to trawl through the cave again...

I learned this as a n00b playing Sapphire on the bus and failing to catch Kyogre too many times ::).

I totally agree, i remember not saving before meeting Zapdos on Blue version, i had no clue what the bird was, or what would happend if i talked to it, ofc when i saw what pokemon it was, i was hysterical, i jumped around the house, and i got it down to about 5% health, but even with sleep on, he dident want to get caught, so i spend all my balls, (Dident have the Master ball at that time i think,) and i had no balls left, and i had to kill him.

I restarted, and found out that i was back in Cerulean City. I had to do the whole plant over again. But I was prepared this time. I bought about 40 Ultra balls as I had none the last time, and caught him with an Ultra Ball. weee. :D

not really in-game but Ihad both stadium games and all the main series games through gen 2, well, we ended up selling my N64 and I'm still not sure but I think I may have left my crystal game in the transfer pack because I could not find it afterwards. I looked for it for years before I finally realized what probably happened.

Wow.....the things we do when young.... ;D Well, once, I was really bored so I decided to start a new game on my FireRed game. I left the charger in my GameBoy because I wanted to finish the game so my boredom would be overcome. (Just for the record, I was an expert at pokemon ALWAYS, especially when I was 7 which is how old I was at this time) So I was at Mt. Moon, and I was VERY tired. I closed the GameBoy (No saving, no turning-off), and I slept a little bit. I wake up at like 3:30 IN THE MORNING to see if my game was off. It wasn't. So of how sleepy I was, I thought this was my actual CONTINUED game, so I saved and turned it off.......I learned the next morning that it wasn't my continued game and I saw the data. I thought there was something wrong, so I continue and there I was......saved at Mt. Moon with a crappy little squirtle and a weedle.....I was so angry, I turned the game off, put it in my pillow, and smacked the pillow around until I was tired. I turned the game back on AND MY GAMEBOY FROZE EVERY TIME! Ugh.......I hate myself to this day......I had a lvl 100 Charizard, lvl 87 Flareon, lvl 95 Arcanine, a lvl 100 Mewtwo, and my beloved Mew.....I got it from the event OFFICIALLY and I saved in front of it until it was shiny.......lvl 100.

When i first started playing i didnt know there was a save button lol. My first game was platinum though :-[. And i made it to the elite four in one day, but i thought for some reason it auto saves and i could jsut turn it off and itll still be there when i turn it back on like a psp. But it turned out i was wrong. I lost some awesome pokes and had to replay the hole game :'(.

I

Infernape Rulez

In my Red,I couldn't beat the E4 with my Charizard. So I decide to rasie it to 100. :p Then I beat it and start over . :-X
However,Today I was smart enough to not trade my Red Gyrados in Platinum from Route 224.

i pwned the elite four in gold version and only because my typhlosion was lvl67 i didn't know about the champion, and i thought the full heal and a full restore were the same thing(dumb me) i bought 2, i was beating lance but i ran out of healing items and i found out about this to late my team got owned and i beat him on the second try.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, so this isn't the biggest mistake I've ever made, but it sure as heck was time consuming... XD

Recently I've been breeding a new team for my Pearl game, and I've been working away at finishing the final member: a Gligar with Counter and Cross Poison bred on.

So, I was at my cottage without easy internet access and couldn't check an online PokeDex anywhere. I hadn't written down how Parasect learned Cross Poison, I just knew that by breeding a Heracross with Paras/Parasect I could then get both Counter/Cross Poison on my Gligar.

It took several eggs just to get my male Paras with Counter. Then, I started leveling it up for Cross Poison... Level after level, no Cross Poison. I even did a test and used all 21 of my horded Rare Candies to see what level I needed to reach for the attack (reset my game afterwards thankfully), but the attack never came... I assumed since I had a level 57 Parasect with Cross Poison, it must've learned it at level 50+. So I kept on leveling it up for a good hour or more and finally gave up and went to bed.

This morning I decided to check out exactly what level the damn thing learned the attack, and... see for yourself. >__>

*Weeps*

Ouch >___>

Once I was playing Silver on a gameboy advance (THAT'S how long ago this was) and the power suddenly went poof. I lost a lot of Data, I was fuming >>

(just so this post isn't all spammish >>)

Linkachu, that sucks. Hard. It's why I always check move tutor first c:

This one is pretty recent, and a bit similar to Linkachu's (egg-moving). I was trying to level up my male Flareon to 43, and it was at level 26. I spent a few hours training it up non-stop. It finally got to level 43 and learned Fire Fang. I could finally get my egg-moved Shinx! Oh, but wait...

My DS closed. And it turned off. Automatically. I had never saved.

Yeeeah...

Ive got two, the first of which are knocking out a couple of shinies whilst grinding through some levels (I looked up after i selected the attack and thought to myself... Weezing isn't blue!) It frustrated me to no end.

The second has to be handing over my game for a friend to look at, he promptly spent my entire money supply on 999 escape ropes, potions and repels, then saving and handing it back, waiting for me to realize.

Was not enjoyable, but we laughed it off. These things happen afterall.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have only just realised that Shuppet evolves into Banette. Seriously XD

I always thought it was weird that Shuppet was a none-evolving Pokemon, because I really couldn't see any use for him. Well now I know that he does evolve. Thing is, I really should have noticed - having completed both my 'Dex on Ruby and Diamond. Meh. Mind fails yet again.

*G/S/C: I released My Totodile thinking it would follow me. I didnt know how to save until my dad said is there a start menu? i said yes he said go to it then he told me what the word save means in game.I killed all the legendaries
I only had to beat the 8th gym leader, but i traded my brother my lvl 60 Typhlosion for a lvl 30 Feraligatr,
Good news is. (Few days later after 3 loses from claire)
i got Feraligatr to lvl 60 and re-traded and my Typhlosion was lvl 75 He also included a free level 55 Raikou.

*R/S/E: Wasted a ball on a level 35 Marill

*P/D/P: i beat all 4 elites 4/4 but i had to face the champion i was so thrilled...then i go to heal my pokemon and i forgot to buy Potions.