• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your biggest mistake you've ever done in any Pokémon game?

My biggest mistake would be hacking.

I had just gotten an AR and thought it'd be fun to walk out of Amity square with my torchic. Of course torchic didn't exactly follow me. The game still thought someone was with me so now I cant fly,surf,etc. I'm always in a double battle with a girl named Mira, so I cant catch anything. At first I thought it was cool and let it continue. I was stupid and accidentally saved. Poor torchic. :'(
that semi happend to me except when i walked into pal park after leaving with my Pachurisu my game would freez and ironicly i left the cave just today ands found that mira followed me out as well you know but thank god i didnt save but i learned a lesson never walk on air leading someone through a cave XD

The most stupid mistake I made was giving my cousin Pokemon Ruby to borrow. She traded my Lv 100 Shiny Groudon and Rayquaza for my friend's Lv 3 Zigzagoon and Lv 16 Grovyle. Oh how I miss those 2 Pokemon... Now I have a stupid Lv 40 Linoone and Lv 36 Sceptile! My friend released my Groudon and Rayquaza so I can't get them back...

Well I made my mistakes when I played Pokemon Blue and Crystal. I traded my shiny Gyarados because I hadn't a Gyarados in Blue and I used my masterball on a Heracross in Pokemon Crystal.

Off topic: My brother threw my older brother's Gameboy in the toilet when we were all young. ::)

Hehe.You see,when I finished Pokemon Diamond the first time,I found out you could transfer pokemon from the GBA games,but unfortunatley I had sold my LeafGreen and Ruby the month before so I had nothing to transfer with so I erased the ENTIRE game and started a new one but then my mom came home an hour later and told me she had bought me Sapphire....sucks huh.Oh and shortly after I discovered that just by beating and becoming the Champion didn't mean the game was COMPLETLEY fisnished,only partly...so I sorta punched the wall and cursed to myself for a good 45 minutes XD

My biggest mistake was using a master ball on Articuno, and then not being able to catch Zapdos & Moltres and just running from them. I was such and idiot.

Then I had to cheat and get another master ball fro Suicune. I'll never forgive myself for such stupid acts of stupidity. But hey, I was only 10 then. *shurg*

Hehe.You see,when I finished Pokemon Diamond the first time,I found out you could transfer pokemon from the GBA games,but unfortunatley I had sold my LeafGreen and Ruby the month before so I had nothing to transfer with so I erased the ENTIRE game and started a new one but then my mom came home an hour later and told me she had bought me Sapphire....sucks huh.Oh and shortly after I discovered that just by beating and becoming the Champion didn't mean the game was COMPLETLEY fisnished,only partly...so I sorta punched the wall and cursed to myself for a good 45 minutes XD

Wow, that sucks, you must be a true n00b. lol

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Double posting AND flaming? I would warn you for this, but since your past warnings seem to have had no effect whatsoever on you, I think it's time to go one step further.

*Arms the Type-99 Ion Cannon.*

Since you are beyond help, there is only one thing left to do.

*Vaporizes Flareon_is_kickass with the Type-99 Ion Cannon.*

My biggest mistake isn't that serious, but I was quite sad that it happened.
Ok so I've had my Diamond game for a while and I came across a shiny Budew while randomly walking though the grass. So I catch it and I'm all happy because I've never had a shiny Pokemon before.
Turns out later I'd forget about Budew and delete my game only to realize later what i did. I was soo pissed that I really didn't want to start a new game.
But I guess the bad comes with the good, I know have six shiny Pokemon which are: Eevee, Volbeat, Skitty, Groudon, Shinx, and Lucario. C:

I would say this was my biggest mistake but my funniest and oldest mistake. This is going back to when i first started playing pokemon yellow, a long time ago. I caught a bunch of pokemon not understanding anything about the game my team included caterpie and metapod. Yes i didn't even know about pokemon evolving before i played. A esson quickly learnt. ;D

I don't have any of the "use master ball on weak pokemon" or "save progress lost" stuff. I'm usually good at saving and I save often, especially before gym leaders/legendary fights/catching something rare (like a shiny). But I remember once in Crystal, I ran into a shiny Ratatta. I knew about the red Gyarados and thought that was the only Pokemon like it, so when I ran into the shiny ratatta, I though nothing of it and I either ran from it or defeated it. Since then, I never ran into another shiny Pokemon, at least until 4 days ago.

You could also say that I used my Master Ball on Giratina in Platinum. I really didn't want to use it since I wanted to save it for something worth while like Cresslia, Mespirit, a roaming legendary bird or Arceus when it comes out. But I got fed up with it escaping all my Dusk/Ultra/Timer balls and used it. And now I'm struggling with catching that dang Zapdos and Moltres.

So far was when I had Pearl (didn't make this mistake on Platinum) I accidentally killed Mespirit with my MewTwo. I had been telling myself 'It's legendary it can survive Hyper Beam...'

Well the only stupid moment I can recall happened a few weeks ago on my platinum. I just got defeated by the E4 for the first time. So I went to train my Gengar who was the main pokemon causing me trouble cuz he was only at like lvl 54. So I got him to lvl 58 and then returned back to the Pokemon league and healed my pokemon back up before entering to challenge the E4 again. Well like right after nurse Joy gave me back my pokemon for some reason instead of saving i turned my ds off.....not a huge mistake but just annoying.

My older brother though didn't have a stupid moment but a really bad luck moment lol He ran into a shiny Graveler in Mt. Coronet and before he could capture him the Graveler used explosion killing itself.

I guess you could say not bringing enough Pokeballs to face Giratina was a mistake. Darn thing wouldn't stay in the Ultra Balls or the Dusk Balls even after I punched it in the face (...you had to have been in chat at the time to get that one). So yeah, I chucked the Master Ball at it in frustration.

I don't regret it per say because Giratina has a Catch rate of 3. The other legendaries won't be nearly as difficult (even the runners) because I'll be able to afford massive amounts of Pokeballs and have access to powerful Pokemon with status moves. Say hello to high level Gengar with Hypnosis and Mean Look and a ton of Dusk Balls. ^^

You could also say not bringing Timer Balls was a mistake too, lol

@ Reina Carmen : the same thing happened to me when i went to catch Giratina. No pokeballs would catch him and i tried several times restarting my game. So I eventually just got fed up with it and threw my masterball at him.

Pressing the wrong button is always annoying! XD

That reminds me of when I accidentally ran from a wifi battle (that I was winning!) because I was trying to press the Pokemon section.

The Biggest mistake I made was I was playing ruby and I ran into a Shiny Wurmple I was very happy then I go to my bag only to realize I have no pokeballs I stared at the shiny for a hour XD, It was the shiny that got away

The biggest mistake I was was....Letting my sis' friend use my GBA, cuz he released everything except my rayquaza. O_o

Oh, and missing my chance on shiny groudon on ruby. I ran out of ultra balls, and I was saving my master ball :x

Also I think if the master balls were out when u fought the red gyrados in G/S/C I caught it with a master ball on accident. ;x

In pokemon diamond my cousin said he'd trade me an Arceus for a Torterra. My Torterra was L.V. 97. I went to the bathroom he ended up trading me a L.V. 14 wait for it...

MAGIKARP OMG IT WAS SUCH A RIP OFF!

I HATE HIM FOR THAT!!!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This topic has been on this board for ages now, but if I'm going to move one active Pokemon Video Game-related topic I might as well move them all.

Done and done.

my first(and worst) pokemistake was in pokemon gold, i was running to someplace and i came upon a ponyta, i really wanted it to catch it so i used all my ultra balls on it and keep mashing A. so after a while all my ultras were gone and mashed A and the only ball left was my master ball... :pi used my master ball on a freaking ponyta!!!! :'(
>:( >:( >:( >:(
i really wish they would have a screen right before you use a master ball like a confirmation screen or something

In my Fire Red game. I accidently ??? used a Master Ball ;D instead of an Ultra Ball :Don a Lv.40 Fearow :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\[eat cereal][gardevoir and gallade are keeping an eye out for you]

used a master ball on an articuno instead of an ultra ball. can't catch mewtwo. also lent my quartz to my buddy. he dropped it down the stairs and stepped on it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
GalladeX, don't abuse smileys. Using them in the middle of a sentence is really annoying. As for the stuff in brackets, I really don't see it's relevance to the topic and seems rather SPAMish to me.

Warned. Please read the rules.

my first(and worst) pokemistake was in pokemon gold, i was running to someplace and i came upon a ponyta, i really wanted it to catch it so i used all my ultra balls on it and keep mashing A. so after a while all my ultras were gone and mashed A and the only ball left was my master ball... :pi used my master ball on a freaking ponyta!!!! :'(
>:( >:( >:( >:(
i really wish they would have a screen right before you use a master ball like a confirmation screen or something

Ah the joys of people still believing that repeatedly pressing A improves your chances of catching. And I thought that myth died years ago.

[quote author=CrystalCore link=topic=4997.msg103326#msg103326 date=1243386290]
lent my quartz to my buddy. he dropped it down the stairs and stepped on it.
[/quote]

No offense but serves you right for having a hacked game.

I have only made one mistake on a game and that was catching an Electrode in a master ball.
My friend has encountered two shinies and hasn't had any pokeballs both times.

This is the best one, I heard a story of a guy chaining starly. It took him ages to get to 39 chains, but then a god damn bidoof apeared. Later on a chain of 6 the shiny patch apeared. one problem .... it was under the feet of the pokemart assistant. haha

I was like 8 and I had FireRed and I saw a Onix and i'm like omg! I want that soooooo... bad and so I caught HERwith my master ball...and then I finally got to Mewtwo and it said in a book I had that it could only be caught with a master ball...but the good thing was I caught it (finally after like a week)with an ultra ball but I ended up starting over anyway (after migrating Mewtwo)