• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your biggest mistake you've ever done in any Pokémon game?

Everyone makes mistakes ... especially bad ones.
My worst ever mistake was in Pokemon LeafGreen-my first Pokemon game.
I had been viewing my Pokedex and I really wanted a Zubat for some reason. Anyway on the description for Zubat it said that he is hard to catch. So what do you think I did? Got out my Master Ball and caught him ...
How stupid was that? Then I lost my friend for a month due to my stupidity :D

Also there was this guy I knew in 2005, he could beat LeafGreen in a day or two!
He would complete his Pokedex in one day!
He was about 14-17 ...

Can't really finish the pokedex in a day, but you can beat the game in just a day. Just pick one of the starters and just use them. You'll outlevel the E4, and just sweep em.

But I used my master ball on an electrode in Pokemon Red before my cousin told me i was retarded and should restart it.

Can't really finish the pokedex in a day, but you can beat the game in just a day. Just pick one of the starters and just use them. You'll outlevel the E4, and just sweep em.

But I used my master ball on an electrode in Pokemon Red before my cousin told me i was retarded and should restart it.

It's all to do with Master Balls LOL. And you know how he completed the Pokedex in a day? Other people were trading with him, so it is possible

Yeah, but it's on the second page now. It was the top when baratron told us all that we got what we deserved for cheating XD. I've said most of my major mistakes in that thread already. However I did accidently use Leech Seed on a Tentacruel without thinking and I totally lost the battle because of it. (The Tentacruel had Liquid Ooze.)

My ONE biggest mistake in a Pokemon game was in Blue.

Time: Don't remember
Place: Power Plant
Pokemon: Magneton

Mistake: I USED THE FREAKING MASTERBALL WHEN I MENT TO USE AN ULTRA BALL. AND THEN I SAVED. STUPID HAILEY. :p

on pokemon yellow i was clearing away the pants pokemon from my boxes(eg magikarp, Rattata, etc) and i released my lv.74 venusaur, and lv.88 charizard... :(

In 2005, I was playing Sapphire, and I had started a new game. I already had a saved file on it, and I was at the Elite Four. My mind totally blanked and I saved the new game. I spend the next 3 weeks getting back up to the place that I was before. :'(

I've probably posted this story somewhere else on this site before but I think of it to be my biggest Pokémistake ever so I'm putting it here too.

Anyways, it was on my Ruby version. I had just found out what a shiny Pokémon was and was mad that I hadn't caught a shiny Roselia I had come across when I didn't know what they were, as well as restarting the game that had my shiny Swalot. So, I wanted another shiny Pokémon really bad. I decided to go 'hunting' for one, which was just me walking around in the grass hoping to find a shiny Pokémon. I walked all around Hoenn, thinking of the different Pokémon in the grass and wondering what would be cool to have. I didn't research any specific Pokémon that I was hunting for so I didn't know what their shiny colors were.

I ended up in the grass that Tropius can be found in, as well as Kecleon. I was in my basement with my brother and he was watching TV, which was distracting me. I ran into a Pokémon, looked up at the TV completely missing the shiny animation, and looked back down to see a Kecleon with a blue stripe. I stared at the screen for a while trying to remember if all Kecleon's had blue stripes, I even asked my brother who told me to just catch it. I decided it wasn't worth wasting the ball on something I already had, figuring that shiny Kecleons would probably look more different than just a different colored stripe, and KO'd it. After that I ran into a normal Kecleon and realized my mistake. I was pretty pissed.

Anyways, that's my biggest mistake. Looking for a shiny Kecleon, finding one, deciding it wasn't shiny and KOing it. And the worst part is Kecleon's one of my favorite Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Ouch, tough break.

I guess mine has to be when had my special pikachu edition, but I never played it anymore, so I kept it in my SP case. Well, one day my friend came over and we were playing our games. I let her look through my case, and I looked through her's. Well, she wanted my yellow, and wanted one of her other games, so we traded. After she left, I was soon regretting my trade, my Lv. 79 Pikachu...gone. Bah, and I never got it back. The worse part is, I'm completely stuck on the game I got, and she didn't even know how to get past it. Hell, I don't even remember what the game was. Oh well, wait, it didn't have to be an in-game experience, did it? >_>

I used a masterball on a gible because I ran out of ultra balls :p

But it was an Adamant Gible..so..it worked out okay..>>'

Which now PWNS in Attack, HP as well as Speed.

If I do say so myself.

P

Pokepok

They are in ascending order of horridness:

1.I used a masterball on Seel when I first played Pokemon Red.
2.I accidentally released my Lv.80 Sceptile in Pokemon Emerald and saved it!
3.I used a Lv. 40 Weavile to compete against the Bug E4 in D/P!!

S

Shocari

Red= I lost it. I had ALL LV 100'S!! I cried for 5 days.

Ruby= ^^ except I didn't lose it. It got washed, yet, my Pearl got washed and it works perfectly fine. Stupid irony of the universe.

Battle Revolution= I started a new game on Pearl, and was therefore unable to transfer/copy more pokes to PBR. Stupid stupidity.

Well I'm not really sure right bvt I think my biggest mistake was when I was showing my friend that you can find Ho-oh in Silver so I went to it and ran away cause it was my uncles game and figured he'd like to catch him and just kept playing cause I liked his team. Well later on I needed to use the restroom and saved it losing my uncles chance of getting lvl 70 Ho-oh

In the first pokemon game I ever got (Leaf Green - it has since been restarted xD), I wasted my master ball. >.>;;;

In Crystal, I accidentally released my strongest pokemon. haha. -__-;;

It's not really as bad as what others have done....and i feel sorry for you through my laughing, sorry but they are pretty funny from my perspective. I had just gotten my first pokemon game, emerald, and it turned out to have ALL of the pokemon on there, all legendaries for the region, pokedex complete and EVERYTHING...I saved over it and am now kicking myself because I could now have a half completed National Sinnoh Dex!

Definitely pretty sure I forgot to give that guy in Cianwood City his Shuckle back.

Yep. I forgot to give Shucky back nigh 'pon every time I played Silver, I reckon.

Terrible mistake to make so many times. I really don't know what's gotten into me.

Back when I was 8 (7 years ago), I wasted my MasterBall in Blue on a Lv.40 Muk... Then I realized there were harder to obtain Pokémon...

I still feel 'tarded lol

The biggest mistake i made yet is that i started a new game and i played for so much time without saving the game and the battery was low but i didnt want to stop and yeah my gameboy turned off :'(

the other day i was ev training a yanmega and i didn't want to go to sleep cause i had school the next day and i ended up falling asleep anyway but since my ds was on the battery died making lose hours of playing :p

I was really upset by this, but not as much anymore since i barley play it now.

Anyway, this past summer there was a girl named Nahndi who also had pokemon diamond/pearl like me. I really needed a few master balls to catch the three lake pokemon because i wasted my only one on Dialga. :( She said she would trade me either 3 or 4 masterballs if i traded her my infernape just to complete her pokedex. She said she would give it back to me the next day, and again, and again, and again, and evuntually said she traded it to someone else! >:( >:( >:( >:( I was really pissed, and then i realized that i had already made them, except Mesprit, flee away forever, so i only needed one. And i was pretty sure that she would've traded only one to me for nothing. And chimchar was my first pokemon. :'( That b**ch! >:(

jman0955, you don't need that many smilies in a single post. It makes it a tad hard to read. Please read the rules. Excessive amounts of smilies are against the rules.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
i ended up falling asleep anyway but since my ds was on the battery died making lose hours of playing

I've fallen asleep on my DS twice, the first time was pretty similar to your experience and my battery died and I lost two hours worth of play... and lost cresselia, whom I'd encountered in that time and caught

My biggest Pokemistake would have to be when I was playing my Crystal version. I was training my lower leveled Pokemon near New Bark Town (yes, very low leveled). I had activated the event where it's possible to catch the legendary dogs. I was running around and ran into Entei. The strongest Pokemon on my team was like a level 15 Chikorita. I ran, and saved afterwords, typically.
I'm smart (8.

oh oh oh I got a good one, years ago back when I got my first pokemon game(blue FYI).
I didn't know a thing about pokemon, (I didn't even bother to read the manual)
So when I turned on the game and pick the coolest looking starter, bulbasaur at the time, I headed out and eventually got to fight a caterpie or a pidgey(can't remember) it kept on using its growl/stringshot and lowered my speed/attack. And every time it did that I kept turning of my gameboy because I didn't want a bulbasaur who was slower than everyone else, eventually my bro told me that the effect only lasted for the curent battle, LOL, stuipid ain't it.
And another time I got silver version and I got a shiny cyndaquil but stupid me 5 years ago thought it wuz a glitch so i *gulp* turned my game off and restarted... :'(
Knowing wut i know now I feel so retarded... :-\ :-\

P

Psycho Boost

The worst mistake I ever made was in Pokemon Yellow when I used a Master Ball on Zapdos.

The second time was very weird, in that I feel asleep while in Snowpoint City but when I woke up, my DS was still in my hands and I was in Eterna City. No idea how, but meh. I must have been Pokemon sleep walking XD

Wow. Weird O.o

I think my biggest was in Crystal, when I immediatly used all of the 5 pokeballs Elm gave me on useless pokemon....That Hippop was never any use to me >:( Perhaps the most productive thing that came out of that was a Scyther or something, I dunno but it was powerful.

Way back when in 1999 I let my brother play my Yellow version. I was in the middle of the Power plant on my way to catch Zapdos with a Master Ball (he'd given me such a hard time I just snapped) and I needed to go help my dad with something.

Five minutes later I come back up and I'm in front of Zapdos. "Right, HAVE AT YOU!" I yelled as I entered battle with the beast. I immeadiately opened my Bag, Scrolled down to find...

My Master ball was gone.

"...Dan? Wheres my Master Ball?"

Dan: "Oh I used it on this AWESOME Electrode I fought before you got up here! Isn't it great ^w^"

O_O

Once I found a Shiny Paras in FireRed, and I defeated it... And once I let my little cousin play my Diamond game, let me just say, BIG mistake. There I was, on the brink of catching Dialga, when suddenly...

"Gabe, what happened to my Master Ball?"

"I used it to catch this Sneasel I found. Sneasel's your favorite, right?"

So, thanks for catching a Sneasel for me Gabe, but that's what Ultra Balls are for! ::)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First rule of playing Pokemon: if you let a friend play on your game, make sure you have no Master Balls at all in your possession whatsoever, or they're history.

Only mistake I ever recall making was when I was in Eterna Forest with Cheryl, that girl with the Chansey. We entered a battle, and I accidentally selected her Chansey as the target of my attack instead of the Pokemon I was supposed to be fighting. Just to make it worse, the attack I used just so happened to be a STAB'ed Low Kick from my Machop - needless to say, Chansey got OHKO'd by my attack and I was left to fight alone. Luckily I still managed to win, but I'll never forget this silly mistake I made purely because of how much it cracked me up at the time. I was laughing for ages afterwards ;D.

My biggest mistake had me sitting in front of my game for ten minutes just staring whilst in denial.

I was training for the Elite Four in Crystal, and I had caught a level 6 or so Marill and I felt like training it. When it got to an Auzumarill (I am having difficulty on remembering how to spell that for the moment) it was actually really strong. I had been in Victory road the entire time. I got him to level 60 in one day, hours of play, and then I beat my rival. So after I beat him, I realized the batteries were low. I was at the very END of the saving process, when it just died. I was only about two seconds off. I was so horrified. I just sat there, speechless, pinching myself to wake up.
I had waisted an entire day and went back to having the level 6 or so Marill.

Mine wasn't so much a mistake as a series of frustration. I got Colosseum and started off in it. I didn't snag the Johto starter. I went a little further into the game and then decided to restart. I missed a lot of snags this time through, but still wasn't very far in the game. Around this time I found out that I could transfer things to my other games if I beat it. So I restart again, and I am very patient about catching everything. This time I don't restart. I lose my damn GC memory card. Not only do I lose my awesome Colosseum data, I lost like 20 games worth of save data.
It's been about 6 months. I still haven't found it.

My biggest mistake is using an ar cheat on my rangers of almia and it corrupted the game. I was on rank 6 >:( ! Another mistake is restarting my firered when i had a diglet with a black nose. It was weird because the shiny form of digglet is not with a black nose. i should of transferred it to my pearl, but pearl and diamond was not realeased when this happened.

In blue version I used my master ball on Zapdos and not Mewtwo. But the lucky thing is that I later caught Mewtwo with a great ball when he had full health from using recover. That's super crazy!!!

I don't know why you're all complaining about losing your Master Ball on the birds, I did it once (I still kick myself to this day for catching Moltres with a Master Ball). I payed the price as it took a near hour to catch Mewtwo with Ultra Balls.

Another mistake was letting my younger brother play Pokémon Diamond, as he corrupted my save :'(

It had a fuckton of good Pokémon, six of which where LV 100, which were Rare Candied by Alex.