• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

You know you've watched too much pokemon when...

-When you memorize the Pokerap.
-Find random mistakes in "Whose that Pokemon?" and such.
-Know what moves and tactical errors the trainers make.

I know someone who actually memorized the Pokerap! Cool! (He's in my gym class & he's my friend.)

[quote author=Rocket X link=topic=2840.msg43189#msg43189 date=1199406959]
-When you compare all astrological signs with Pokemon

Aries= Flaafy
Taurus= Tauros
Cancer= Krabby
Leo= Luxray
Virgo= Gardevoir
Aquarius= Manaphy
Gemini= Plusle and Minun
Sagitarrius= Rapidash
Pisces= Magikarp and Feebas
Capricorn= Stantler (meh, as far as I know, we have no goats)
Scorpio= Skorupi
Ophiucus= Seviper
Libra= Magneton?

[/quote] (Oh man. I have to have either a Magikarp or Feebas as my sign? Can you change it to Finneon or Goldeen for Pisces, please?)

_When you want a Jynx, Lickitung, or a Smoochum to give you a kiss.
_When you wonder why names were given to certain trainers. For example, "Was Chuck of the Cianwood gym in Johto named after "Chuck Norris?"
_When you join the "Save the Wailord Foundation."
_When you say "Saving don't turn off the power" before you fall asleep. (Someone else's idea.)
_When you wish you were a Pokemon.
_When you save only 10 names on your phone, so it can be similar to the G/S/C games. Also, if an 11th person wants to be added, you tell them "no," because it must be 10. (Even though your cell can hold many more numbers.)
_When you start to name kids in your school after reoccuring characters in the games. For example, "Hi, Lass Katie. Can I borrow a pencil?" or if you are talking to someone who is "popular," you may say: "Sup? Cooltrainer Kevin?"

I may post more later... :)

I love this topic, here's some more ;)

You look forward to your 10th birthday because then you'll be an ''official'' Pokemon Trainer (OK was guilty when I was 10...)
You also ask for a Pikachu plushie so you could be like Ash (my sis is guilty- not me)
You also battle with your Poke-Plushies (WAY to guilty... my favs are my 2 Skittys, one's big and one's small. :))

[attachment deleted by admin]

You doodle pokemon non-stop in class.
I am in College!
My tutor was rather impressed with my Lugia. VS .Registeel battle, she liked the shading (Y)

-When you record battles and hold classes on proper uber avoidance (Guilty surprisingly)
-When you see a set of descending stairs, you wonder if it leads to the wifi room. (guilty once)

Create your own 'Pokemon Battle School' in your mind, which you atend-Guilty..
When you write in 'Unown' instead of English-VERY guilty, it's fun!
When it rains you think that a Water Pokemon is using Rain Dance-Guilty!

Every single spherical object in your house is painted to look like a pokeball.
Every night you dream about being in the pokemon game you have.
Every time someone's going out to rent a movie, you automatically suggest a pokemon movie.
You have paper replicas of badges and pretend to battle gym leaders and earn them.

I'm guilty of all of these except the first one. ;D

- Your teacher asks you to write anything in your writing journal, you start thinking of a Pokemon story to write (so guilty! Pikachu papaer got me an A, though!)

- When it's a blizzard, you tell your friend it's because of Ice type Pokemon( not guilty, yet!)

- You have a circular pendant and paint it like Gary Oak's( not guilty!)

-When you see cats and think "geeze why can't there be more cat Pokemon?" (way to guilty)
-When you HAVE to watch ever single Pokemon episode- or tape it to watch later (guilty... I have watched all of them ;D)
-When you put the Chanseys with Chainsaws (see below) to protect the page (guilty)

When you want a Jirachi to grant all your reasonable wishes (guilty)

When you think of Pokemon at least once a day.(guilty.)

when you start thinking of ideas for Pokemon episodes or movies.(guilty)

1. When you wish on a star every night that Poke'mon were real. Guilty.

2. When you pull a weed and pretend its an Oddish you've just unearthed. Guilty.

3. Having Poke'mon parties at your house when everyone watches the movies, trades, battles, ect. Guilty.

4. Draw a smile on a tree and think it's a Sudowoodo.

-When you swim with your friends, you all pretend to be your favorite water Pokemon (I was Wartortle last time...Teehee)
-You even attempt to use Pokemon attacks in real life...
-When you and your best friend wish that if the world would be anyway you like after death, it would be the Pokemon world
-When random moments in life remind you of a Pokemon or a character in the Pokemon series
-When everyone at your school has finally accepted your continued Pokemon obsession, and it's acceptable that you carry around a Pokemon plushie/figurine everyday
-When you say you liek mudkipz and you actually mean it...haha
-When you eat pancakes and think of poffins..

When you scream at a slot machine because you can't get to the Clefairy bonus round xD (Just a thought)
When you're writing you say "Go! Pencil! Use Write Attack!" (Guilty)
When you make Pokemon sculptures for Art class projects (I know of someone who made a really good Dialga and Palkia)

- you throw a plastic pokeball at any poor stray animal that crosses your path.
- you name all your pets after a pokemon.
- you think Charizard is god
- Bally's total fitness needs to constantly remind you its not THAT kind of gym.
- you call all fruits after berries. (oranges Sitrus berries, strawberries Pecha berries, blueberries Bluckberries, ect.)
- you got bitten trying to dye your sister's pet bunny yellow, and trying to add a thunderbolt tail.
- you tried training said bunny how to use thunderbolt.
- you think 10 is the legal age you can separate yourself from your parents to start a journey on your own. (I wish)
- People give you odd looks as you scream at a tree to 'Use mimic, you stupid sudowoodo!'
- you throw your pokeplushes and yell 'USE SCRATCH!' (Guilty on so many levels...)

-When you find a pin/badge and claim it's a gym badge
-When you actually have a gym badge. - Yup, I have one. Working on my second. ^^
-When you and your boyfriend can sit there and sing the entire original theme. - Yup, that happens every time it plays on my computer.

...you make up your own pokémon anime that you play out in your head when you're lying in bed trying to fall asleep or when your really bored (totally guilty)
OMG!! I do this whenever I can!! (just not Pokemon, at least I used to a lot) Probably half the time I am conscious, I'm daydreaming about being my character and having a life in any anime I feel like being in... wow....

EDIT (whew ^.^'):

-You look out the window during a thunderstorm and imagine that a Zapdos is flying around somewhere up there.(guilty)
-You memorize every Pokemon's number in the Pokedex. (a friend of mine)
-You give people advice on games in class(guilty)
-When you watch the movies, you imagine yourself in there as a character and see what could have happened if you did this or that.(guilty)
-You get jealous of how Ash Ketchum gets so much adventure in his life, and yet you're stuck with a plain ordinary one.(T.T)
-You argue the fact of why Ash is still ten years old, yet it's been how many years??(I wonder...??)
-You remember the episodes and talk over funny scenes with siblings/friends.(yep)
-You play the Pokemon games whenever, wherever you can.(guilty)(the only reason I used to carry a purse was just to bring my mini Raichu plush with me and a Gameboy & Pokemon game XP)
-You still play the older generation games, even though they're old news.(guilty)
-You've had a crush on Ash Ketchum (or any other character) for the longest time.(guilty)
-When you finally turned ten years old, you were like, "Yay, I'm Ash's age!!!"(guilty, this was the reason I looked forward to turning ten :p)
-When you were sick and couldn't go to school, as soon as your mom left the room, you turned on the TV and waited for Pokemon to come on.(guilty)
-Your parents knew how obsessed you were, and bought you a whole box of Pokemon figures they saw at a garage sale, and if you had siblings, you tried to be the first one to claim all the ones you wanted before letting them see the contents of said box.(I loved those things, lol -_-')

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
-When you compare all astrological signs with Pokemon

Gemini= Plusle and Minun

I would actually be interested in astrology if I got to be Plusle & Minun ;).

[quote author=SuperSkitty link=topic=2840.msg47406#msg47406 date=1202587511]
When you have an army of Pokeplushies. :) (guilty as guilty can be ;D)
[/quote]

And what's wrong with that? :D

1. When you can name all the pokemon you need to capture whith out checking your game ( not guilty )
2. When you ask random people if they Liek Mudkipz ( Not guilty )
3. if insted of checking online you friends call you about pokemon questions and you always have the awnser ( guilty ::) )

-go outside and imagine pokemon are real. At age 15. ;D (guilty)
-make a hand drawn map of a new pokemon region, and pretend to go there. (guilty)
-sing the pokemon theme song randomly. (guilty)
-pretend a baseball is a pokeball, then throw it randomly in the yard. (guilty)

...you realize ash's pikachu should be like lvl 100 and you wonder how it spontaneously learned volt tackle and should be able to own everyone except a lvl 60ish ground type (it still has iron tail so it could beat any lvl lower im guessing) and still gets KOed in the show

-People know you like Pokemon before you tell them your name (Guilty)
-You look for the B button on your Nikes or Adidas's (Not guilty, but I read it somewhere. Not here, in a siggy.)
-You know the name of every Pokemon (Guilty)
-You want to learn Japanese so you can read Pokemon.co.jp for Platinum news (Guilty as charged)
-You get 20/20 on the Video Game Challenge qualifier quiz on go.Pokemon.com (Not guilty. I got 13/20.)

-You formulate battle plans for your Pokemon... even in your sleep (guilty as charged)

-You've watched every single Pokemon episode there's ever been, even the banned ones (100% guilty)

-You draw little Pikachu doodles in class (guilty... but go Pikachu!!!)

-Most of your shirts have Pokemon on them :) (oh so guilty)

-You plan to learn Japanese so you can get a job with the Pokemon anime (guilty, my life dream ;D)

-You can name every pokemon in order by # or alphabetical order
-You make a pokemon costume that you wear not only on Halloween
-You send messages to pokemon every week

You know all the Pokemon names in English and Japanese. (Getting there...)
When you sit a distance apart from people in personal study time so that you can write your Pokemon story. (guilty...)
You tape and re-watch then re-write Pokemon episodes to include a charcater of your own. (once...)
You want to battle some characters in the anime so you can show then how good you are. (heh..heh...guilty)
You are constantly thinking about Pokemon and wish they were real (minus war ect.). (guilty)
You have little intrest in other anime. (guilty...except maybe digimon)
You don't want to draw anything else but Pokemon. (guilty)
YOU SPEND $20,000 yen at POKEMON CENTER NAGOYA. (GUILTY!!!)
You main goal in learning japanese is to be able to read japanses POkemon books. (guilty)

:p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
This thread seems to be turning less into "You've watched too much pokemon when..." and more into "Hey, look at all the stupid pokemon-related stuff I've done!" >.>

-You belong to numerous Pokemon forums (guilty. here, pe2k, serebii. can't help it can't fight the urge.)
-You know "Who's that Pokemon" before they finish saying "Who'd that Pokemon". (guilty)
-You continue liking Pokemon after your friends quit it. (guilty, and oddly, don't care.)
-You memorize your Friend Code. (guilty. 2019-6128-9862.)
-You know what generation each Pokemon belongs to.(guilty. Don't believe me? PM me and test me.)
-When you are assigned to make outline notes for any subject of your choice, you choose Pokemon. (guilty.)
-You knew just by looking at Steelix on the old Pokemon.com format at about age 5 that it looked like a metal Onix. (guilty.)
-You walk around Target and see Super Smash Bros. Melee, just getting PMS (Pokemon Madness Syndrome) and say, "Look Mommy! Pikachu and Ash! Get me this game!" (guilty. What? Ness looks like Ash, to a 6 year old.)
-You aim to become a "Get Off The Bloody Computer and Get a Life" like Linkachu someday. (Not guilty. I'm not crazy!)

Teh Purple One, if I'm not mistaken, the last one has already been done

-you know you've watched to much pokemon when most of your posts on this forum are in the Weekly Anime Discussion thread (not guilty-I don't think I've ever posted there)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
-all you speak about is Pokemon (or most of it) (not guilty)
-you want to give Pokemon merchandise to your friend(s) on their birthday (guilty)
-the only things that you draw/doodle are Pokemon (guilty)
-you sprite Pokemon stuff a lot (guilty as of last summer, and might be guilty this summer as well)

Don't know if any of these have been done yet, but seeing as so many people post here... well, anything's possible

P

PokeRad

-when you start singing the Poke'Rap.
-when you skip my friend's b'day party so that i do not miss the episode(really guilty)
-When you start discussing the previous pkmn episodes even with my friends.
-start behaving like a character in the series.

(these have been given with reference to me and my friends)

P

Pokepok

-you relate all pokemon with real animals(my friend does...)
-you write about pokemon in the biology essay on topic "mutant organisms"
-start wearing clothes like ash and when seeing the anime, you tend to complete his dialogue before him.