• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

YOU BROK... OH, it's working again...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, it's kinda. >> The forums are up and should be problem free. ('Cept for the chat - that wont be working till later on today). I'm working on putting up the rest of the site as we speak, but I'm being messed around by technology and it's slowing it down.

Hosted sites should hopefully be up ASAP too, including the STCO Wiki, Sprites in Limbo and The Insane Asylum - but the priority is the main site.

Sorry for the inconvenience of being down for so long, but it wound up being sadly unavoidable. Now that the costs etc have been more balanced out, there shouldn't be any reason for another transfer for some time - and this should at least give us a chance for a fresh kickstart to the year.

So, again, apologies for anything that's broken today, will be working on getting everything up properly throughout the day.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Server transfer that didn't go half as smoothly as it should have done for a number of reasons. Not the least of which being me falling ill on Sunday.

The TC Maker will be up at some point this afternoon.

Thanks, it's just that I use the trainer cards for another of my forums. Because we Roleplay Pokemon.

Could you also add The Platunum sprites of trainers that aren't in Diamond and Pearl?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There are no plans to update the Trainer Card Maker for some time, I have too much work load with other stuff to spend the time required on it for such a large update as adding all the Platinum stuff.

I may find time for it closer to the European release - and after that will hopefully find time over the summer to go through a massive to-do list for the site.

C

Celadon

The site seems to be working fine...for me at least. It just does not show the 'new' button near the topics. Not that it matters as the message appears as text in any case. Other than that , it is good for Charms to be back.

EDIT: the poke'balls are a bit far-placed, too.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I hope you're feeling better, Alex. The forum looks fine to me, aside from the Pokeball spaces that Kazuma mentioned. The forum doesn't appear to like my Avatar, but I'm sure that'll be a problem with my link.

'Tis good to have 'Charms back ^^

Edit: The Avatar issue was just down to the fact my uploaded image was no longer linked. Easily fixed.

It's good to see the forums back up and that hopefully you won't need to do another server move for a while (Murphy's law and all that). I second Magpie's 'get better' wishes.

Hopefully.
Get well soon =D
Also, I found out the default avatars (gamesprites, game images, etc)
didn't work for me =\
I see a new Spell check button =D Let's hoppe hope (XD) people have enough sense to use it XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*The rabid forumbeast hugs the forums* It's good to have you back safe and sound :'D

Them PokeBall images need a kick in the pants, eh? Otherwise, I haven't looked around for other bugs yet. Just wanted to read the update comments XD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
My avatar is broken. D: Ah well, I'll reupload it when I get home.

However, everything else forum-wise seems to work here - excellent job, Alex. :D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
All attachments were lost - sorry. That one's purely down to me falling ill on Sunday and not having any opportunity to download anything from the old server before it was wiped.

In fact, had it not been for the fact that Rach and I sorted out the database backup and movement to the new server in the morning... well, let's just say I'd probably be currently in Katie's stomach.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
He'll do it when he can. Be patient. Alex has already worked his arse off getting this site back up, even while he was ill - the last thing he needs is whiny morons demanding that he DOES IT NAO!!1eleventyone.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Sorry to be a pain, but the TC Maker? I don't care much for the Platinum sprites atm, just the TCs to sort out my RP board.

Paul, seriously. It'll get done when it gets done. Stop bugging him about it, or I'll do something nasty to your profile or something. It's getting really annoying now.

He'll do it when he can. Be patient. Alex has already worked his arse off getting this site back up, even while he was ill - the last thing he needs is whiny morons demanding that he DOES IT NAO!!1eleventyone.

As much as I agree (lol) Data, play nice.

It isn't working, since Doctor Oak has a massive update for it due and has to re-program / fix it.

And it's Celebi.

Also, great to see 'Charms back up.