• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

You almost lost me ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Web Designer

In this position you will be responsible for the conception, development and art-direction of Nintendo's pan-European Internet activities. You will be part of the online team and will work closely with the product and marketing departments. The main areas of your responsibilities will be the creation and art-direction of various graphical elements relating to official Nintendo of Europe consumer-related websites, as well as the art-direction of these sites in general. You will also support communication between Nintendo and our online agencies, ensuring the highest possible design results.

We require a young dynamic team member with the following qualifications:

* Perfect written and spoken English

* At least 2 years experience as an online creative

* An excellent creative brain, with a distinct understanding of design, colours and typography

* Professional understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Flash MX

* Extensive HTML knowledge

* Experience in using other creative tools like Macromedia Director or 3D Studio MAX

Ideally you would round off your profile with a passion for video games.

Although creative, you are used to working in a structural manner, working to strict deadlines and have a clear understanding of the importance of corporate identity. You will be able to communicate ideas clearly whilst being open to ideas and suggestions. As a strong team player you won't have any difficulties interacting with your team mates and contributing to the overall success of the Online Department.

The position is based at our head office in Großostheim, Germany.

If you are interested, please send your covering letter and CV - in English or German - to our Human Resources Department, including education history, references, a photograph, your earliest possible starting date and desired salary.

Had it not been for my need to educate myself for future career plans (which, sadly doesn't involve webmastery), i would have applied for this.

Who knows if i'd have made the cut and actually gotten the job... but if i had... T'would most likely have seen the end of this place.

So you're stuck with me for now. ^^ And my dreams of working for Nintendo (which, they most likely will remain as), will carry on unfulfilled.

But, what do you guys think? Think i could have been the next big hit at Ninty? Think i could have come up with something like this:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/microsite/animalcrossing

I have to say, i am a little saddened at not being able to take this job. It is pretty much the perfect job for me. But alas, it wouldn't be a career and would seriously hinder my chances at getting one. So, it's going to have to be shelved for a while

However... should the job return in 2 years time... I'll be there with my CV in hand.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What? You mean while I was thinking it was a great opportunity it could've meant the death of Pokecharms? :shock:

I'm never supporting your self-ambitions again! ;p

Doctor Oak said:
And my dreams of working for Nintendo (which, they most likely will remain as), will carry on unfulfilled.

Hey, that's my dream. :twisted: Someday you'll see me as a game designer, uder some name like Tsunami Violet, and maybe I'll even make an attempt to send games to Europe much faster, if I ever start my own company, with some name like Wildfire Studios. :p Wouldn't that rule, Gary?

(Of course, since I am teh lazy, I'll probably procrastinate, and forget about it...just like I have been doing. Man, Gary, you gave me the lazy. :p Garyism and procrastination go hand in hand. ^^)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, enough of the one smilie replies ;p

Can I also blame you for my life-long procrastination skills? I can say it was destiny ;)

Trainer-Yoshimitsu said:
Heh, if you see me working for Nintendo, i'll be calld something like 'Talkative Racoon' or 'Yoshimitsu ???'

:p

You considering working for Ninty? Why don't you join my future Wildfire Studios instead? :p Emmmm.....will you look for me working as a game artist/animator at Nintendo? Remember, I'm either Lugiasian, Seraphina, or Tsunami Violet. Most likely the last one. ^^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Nintendo said:
Ideally you would round off your profile with a passion for video games.

I love the way that one is optional :p.

Doctor Oak said:
But, what do you guys think? Think i could have been the next big hit at Ninty? Think i could have come up with something like this:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/microsite/animalcrossing

That's sooo cool!

On the other hand, http://pokemon.nintendo.co.uk/ sucks harder than a very sucky thing. It is unbelievably slow and clunky, and looks like it was made in 2000 - which isn't that long ago, except that the web has moved on leaps and bounds since then.