• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Yoshi's Obligatory Sprite Thread

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Hey Yoshimitsu, will you ever make a Yoshimitsu sprite?

[quote author=Yoshimitsu27 link=topic=1719.msg29539#msg29539 date=1185763141]
PRPYoshimitsu3.png
PRPYoshimitsuFinal.png

[/quote]

:p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
No idle chatter, please. If you want to discuss things like that, use the PM system, or do it off the boards.

I'll consider those two requests, shall I?

I agree.

I love it...! It's awesome. Those ARE camo clothes....right? .>

I've never seen anybody make camo on a sprite before. o.o

I agree.

I love it...! It's awesome. Those ARE camo clothes....right? .>

I've never seen anybody make camo on a sprite before. o.o

you may wanna take another look at my lt surge... (spent a damn half hour getting it just right too...)

I can't tell whether that was sarcastic or not over the internet, so I'll take your word for it. xD

The shirt still looks like Camo to me... The lightest shade of blue makes me think of blue camoflauge. o.O

Now that I look at the pants, however, THOSE look like folds.

Oh, I'm sorry, Myouki! I'd forgotten all about your Gym leader project, xD.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
you may wanna take another look at my lt surge... (spent a damn half hour getting it just right too...)

Err... what does this have to do with El's thread? Please don't advertise your thread in someone else's just because it's not getting attention =/

Warning for this, which makes it your second. Next time, it's a ban.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Aaaand, I have a Sprite Explosion.
Here are my friends. :)

Kirstie:
Kirstie.png

Vicky:
vicky.png

Melissa:
melissa.png

Bethaniie:
bethaniie.png

And Matt:
matt.png

Gotta say, those sprites have very nice shading work on the trousers, which is what caught my eye first. They're all well made and the darker outlines give them definition that some other sprites lack.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
The sprite form of your avatar is amazing. Considering how small the picture is and how few pixels you have available, the chains round the leg are detailed enough to be obvious. Um... to be obviously chains. Both ways sound wrong, so I'll just have to hope you know what I mean ;D.

I also really like the sprites of your friends, particularly the outfit on Vicky. (The outfit on Kirstie is also really well done, it's just not to my personal taste - knee-length frilly skirts are so not me). The only negative comment I have is that Melissa and Bethaniie's outfits seem a bit too similar - they're both wearing blue jeans with green tops. Maybe they do dress almost exactly the same in real life, I don't know :p. Also, sprite Matt - looks like the photo of him that you showed me before! I knew who it was before reading the label.

Can't comment too much on the roleplaying sprites because I don't know the characters, though I like your version of Gary Oak. I also like the girl with pink hair and black leather jacket, the "cool guy" (the pose is perfect), and the skinny emo guy. It's possible to see how you've improved just in the course of the thread, because I'm not certain whether the emo guy has razorblades on his t-shirt or some other design, and if those are pink flames round the bottoms of his trousers or just stripes. I'm sure you could rework him now to make that clearer.

Wow, thread revival!!!! Anyways, I didn't ever look in this for fear of second-warning, but now that I have, these sprites are totally awesome! I think the sprites of your avatar are both super cool, and isn't one of them in the trainer card maker?
And that Fenix Down one is awesome as well, and wait...is your character wearing his pants or is he wearing your character's pants?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
(He's not actually called Fenix Down, it's a joke me and a few other staff members share ;))

Thanks for the compliment :) It's boosting my already overwhelming ego.
As for the pants, those are just the pants I use when I need something interesting that aren't just standard jeans.

I like your shading. Its different... But natural looking... I have been reading your RP 'The System' And I like your interpretation of the characters. Good job!

;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oh my gosh, El...

Why haven't I ever said anything here yet? Because I'm just slow like that. Anyways, a greeat sprite, El! I really like his pose, and his hair looks really neat...