• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Yoshi's Obligatory Sprite Thread

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Well, everyone else is...

wray.png

Wray, from the System. His torso fits on his body awkwardly, and doesn't look at all natural.

pyro.png

Pyro, also from the System. He looks a lot more natural, not so anorexic. His hair looks a bitlot sketchy and patchy.

alexxia.png

Alexxia. I rather like this sprite. The type of shading and the hat, which I wont lie, i based it off of one of Sami's sprites without ripping it entirely. The style of shading and the pose I'm really font of, but it's hard to tell if she's male or female.

joseph2.png

Newest sprite of Joseph. I really don't like how his torso sits on his body. It's not even slightly natural. I'm also not fond of his flat hair. Or the length of his legs.

Oooh! Very cool! I love Wray's hair and weapons. His pants rawk out too. Pyro's pants are just teh shizz and his hair is pretty fly too. Alexxia's post is awesome to. Thanks for giving credit. ^^ I rather like Joseph's torso, the way the shirt is on the side makes it look like the wind is blowing. Very nice.

I wanna see more!​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure if I'd seen that Pyro sprite before, but me likes it for the sole fact that it helps me formulate an image of him for the topic XD

Alexxia is probably my favourite one here, but your newest one looks fairly good, too. Keep 'em coming, El =)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Thanks for the comments guys (Y)

saturos2.png

I'm not sure his pose is quite right (his legs look like they're twisting one way while his torso's going the other) but otherwise I quite like this sprite.

Arche.png

Repaint & Headsplice. Nothing special.

Are those abs on the new boy? Woo, he's ripped! Hmm...between his torso and his legs, I'd say the only things that's off is that his legs seem a little thick when compared to his torso. Maybe that's why he looks twisted about to you? Other than that, I​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The leg thickness would explain why I think it looks twisted. Thanks :)

originaltemplate.png

The torso generally annoys me, as do the gloves (they were meant to be black and red). I think I did a good job of editting it, but there's definitely room for improvement here. The torso fits on the legs properly for once, though. :D

Nice repaint. For a start it looks a hell of a lot better, since light green hair with a little spike looked, at least to me, stupid.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Thanks. :) I dislike his hair with the spike, but it makes quite a good starting point when editting hair.

Sarah.png

Body-splice, and I changed the hair so it wasn't as... all over the place.
She's meant to be a smart student, who always looks "perfect" ie. sensible.

Nicola.png

Re-paint again. I changed the hair, got rid of the flower, and gave her furry boots instead of her shoes.
This character is meant to be a 'popular' girl - she's pretty and likes to flaunt it.

Damien.png

Changed the shirt into a jacket with undershirt. Didn't change the hair colour at all. The jacket and jeans are similarly coloured, too.
He's the 'cool' guy. He's attractive and good at sports with a decent fashion sense. Very much a ladies' man.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Cody.png

Another repaint. I changed the arms and made his jeans baggier, editted the face slightly and got rid of the hair spike.
He's supposed to be an insecure character (hence the position of the arms and plain outfit). I tried to make his face really emotionless but with a smile.

Very nice Yoshi, the trousers look very impressive. The chains are quite cool too, I never thought of using white like that.

Very nifty sprites, my favorites would probably be your two based on your avatar, and Alexxia. Your shading's also a lot better than mine, nya.

Is that a Spear? Because it looks kind of like a paint brush...

And there's something about the hair that bugs me... And the face is a bit awkward. Other than that, perfecto! I like it, besides those knit-picky things I picked out.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Dammit, it's a Naginata, people! >=O
And ssh Stel. It's an abstract Naginata! :D

VincentTOF.png

Vincent, another of my characters.

YoshimitsuTOF.png

Yoshimitsu, ala Ties of Friendship. Because he is the win. :)

That's a Guan Dao he's holding right? If so I approve.

It kinda makes me long for my old Jade Cocoon game. T'was a pokemon rip I'll admit but it was incredibly satisfying to be able to sub in for one of your monsters and start taking to the other guys team with a katana or somesuch.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
That's a Guan Dao he's holding right? If so I approve.

I'd say yes, but I don't actually know what one is =x

Edit: A quick google image search has supplied me with answers. It does indeed seem that a Guan Dao is closer to what his weapon is than a Naginata.

I like it. I just looked both of those up, and it does indeed look like a Guan-Dao. So cool.
The hair and face still bug me somewhat...

Vincent: Sweet. He doesn't have any problems my eyes can see, and he's a cool concept.

How many characters do you have? o.o

This sprite is your best one! Your avatar's cool too.

just one thing bugs me... in the yoshi sprite, the bangs (yellow part) are on the right, but in the avvy, the bangs are on the left o.0... along with the chains and red straps being reversed... was the avvy pic just flopped around in paint?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I didn't do the avatar, Sami did. I didn't specify which way round things were supposed to go, and apparently me and Sami have mirror images of the same character in mind. :)

It's 'cause we're cool.

(Btw, yes, I did notice the reverses.)

I didn't do the avatar, Sami did. I didn't specify which way round things were supposed to go, and apparently me and Sami have mirror images of the same character in mind. :)

It's 'cause we're cool.

(Btw, yes, I did notice the reverses.)

It's reversed? O_O Oh yeah. I see it now. The blonde bangs remind me of Hikaru Shindo from the manga Hikaru No Go. Hikaru also has the two toned hair. Blonde bangs, and the rest black. That Vincent character you made is cool too.

I really like all of your sprites, mostly the ones with swords, but i also really love your style of shading. I cant help but wonder what the difference on the last 2 sprites are though...oh wait!now i see, the pants are a bit darker on the second one, right? is there anything else?