• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Yoshimitsu's Final Team

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Ok, so I'm actually sticking with the game long enough to train a competitive WiFi team. I only have 4 of 6 pokemon decided, so any input there would also be appreciated.

Well, here we go:

Gallade@ _____
Adamant
Steadfast
128 EVs in Attack, Defense, Special Defense and Speed.
OR
128 in Attack, 252 in Defense, the rest in Speed

Brick Break
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance

First turn, Swords Dance, then just start attacking. Brick Break and Psycho Cut for STAB, Leaf Blade because I don't have any grass pokemon on my team.

Scizor@____
Adamant
Swarm
128 EVs in Attack, Defense, Special Defense, Speed
OR
128 in Attack, Defense and 252 in either Special Defense or Speed

Iron Head
X-Scissor
Night Slash
Swords Dance

Similar move set to Gallade, but iirc, Scizor is slower but has more attack power. Different type moves again. Enough variation, methinks.

Shuckle@Leftovers
Pretty much any nature is fine. Mine has Relaxed
Sturdy
252 EVs in HP, 128 in both Defense and Sp Defense

Toxic
Wrap
Double Team
Sandstorm/Contrict/Rest

Annoyer. 'Nuff said.

Magmortar@____
Either Modest or Bold
Flame Body
252 EVs in Sp. Attack, 128 in Defense and Sp. Defense

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt/Psychic

Special moves. Solar Beam gets rid of all three of its major weaknesses, and it has a good enough Special Attack to be able to abuse Thunderbolt/Psychic.

As for other pokemon, I don't know. Any input on held items, EVs and the other two pokemon would be appreciated.

Im just gonna throw my input on Scizor out, since I've used one a few times, Just have 252 Attack and Defense, And 4 speed if you want, and replace Swords dance with agility, to make up for its speed. On Magmortar, you can have it hold a power herb, so it doesnt need to charge Solar Beam on the first use, just in case you need it. Also... Just one Response to Shuckle.... Gengar, Gengar is resistant to wrap and toxic, Sandstorm will still do damage, though. And Gallade, Well, You could use Close Combat over Brick Break, but I see you are trying to add to its defenses, so yeah... thats all.