• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Yesh, AL has a New Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wether it'll stick or not is the question. I've worked on this competitive team for... three days (Over the weekend) and found that I love the Trick Room moveset kinda team. It may be a little two Poke`mon dependant, but I like it.

============================================
Rhyperior
Rock-Ground Type
[-o-] Leftovers 252 HP/ 80 Atk/ 174 Def
Ability: Solid Rock Adament Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Rock Edge
- Megahorn
- Ice Fang

Bronzong
Steel-Psychic Type
[-o-] Macho Brace Debating 252 HP/ 152 Atk/ 106 SDef
Ability: Levitate Brave Nature (+ Atk, -Spd)

- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Reflect
- Explosion

Swampert
Water-Ground Type
[-o-] Leftovers 252 HP/ 136 Def/ 120 SDef
Ability: Torrent Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Curse
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Hammer Arm

Metagross
Steel-Psychic Type
[-o-] Muscle Band 252 Atk/ 152 Def/ 102 HP
Ability: Clear Body Adament Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)- Brave?

- Meteor Mash-Gyro Ball?
- Thunderpunch
- Magnet Rise
- Hammer Arm

Dusknoir
Ghost Type
[-o-] ??? 252 HP/ 204 SDef/ 52 Def
Ability: Pressure Relaxed Nature (+Def, - SDef)

- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch

Solrock
Rock-Psychic Type
[-o-] ??? 204 Atk/ 204 Def/ 102 HP
Ability: Levitate Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt

NOTE: Bronzong is rather disposable; My strategy is Dusk'
and 'Zong out, 'Zong Trick Rooms and then Explodes, being
replaced by a Sweeper like Rhyperior.
============================================

Now, tear it apart.

AL
*Poof*

Now, tear it apart.
Best line ever XD

3 pokemon weak to fire types.... You have to fix that xD
4 pokemon weak to ground types (not including Solorck due to levitate)

I can't think of any pokemon that would fit nicely in with your set up D=

However, I suggest you give bronzong a focus band and run it off as your lead, focus band so it can survive and initiate Trick Room.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Rhyperior wants to ditch either Rock Blast or Stone Edge. Rock Blast can wreck Subs very easily, but Stone Edge is overall more reliable (this isn't saying much though - Stone Edge is still quite unreliable.) Megahorn is a decent replacement move.

Metagross can go Brave + Gyro Ball to fit the Trick Room theme a bit better, although it does hurt your PP a bit.

Another thing of note is Abomasnow's Hail - be careful when you send out Abomasnow since you can end up spending a good portion of the match being beaten up by your own hail.

The triple-Fire weakness isn't as bad as it looks, since Rhyperior and Solrock both resist Fire, although Abomasnow does worsen the deal a bit on that side - a bulky Water-type like Swampert would be helpful to have. Also, only two of those Pokemon in the team are weak to Ground (Rhyperior and Metagross) with 'Zong and Solrock Levitating and Abomasnow resisting Ground with its Grass-type. Also, in the scenario that you no longer have the ability to set up a Trick Room and are left without it for the battle, make sure you have some means of operating without it. What strategy you use there is up to you.

I was actually thinking of giving a Life Orb to 'Zong, seeing as Explosion could get that boost while not dealing with the HP loss. Plus, I was hoping to send out 'Zong with Dusknoir, have 'Zong initiate Trick Room and then die, letting me send out a Sweeper.

Smooth transitions FTW.[sub] :D[/sub]

And... Swampert? ... I think I love that idea. I'll get a good Swampert-Sweeper set and replace Abomasnow, 'cause I don't like him very much, either. :/

And I'd go with the Brave-Gyro Ball with Metagross, but I'm worried about the type coverage. Though I suppose that Meteor Mash would have the same trouble... But that's why I'm here![sub] ;D[/sub] Oh, and I'll go ahead and replace Thunderpunch with Ice Punch. Platinum Tutors FTW!

AL
*Poof!*

Hrmm... this is interesting to put a Swampert on a Trick Room team. Good thing it has a few moves built for it. ^^

Swampert@Rindo Berry or ?
Torrent
Adamant or Brave
252 Atk/ 252 HP/ whatever or 252 Atk/ 124 Def/ 124 Sp Def/ 4 HP
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm/Curse
Avalanche/Stone Edge/Substitute/Curse/Mirror Coat

The idea here being that you can Hammer Arm to decrease your speed even more if you need to take advantage of Trick Room and then sweep. Curse is also an option to give you an even bigger boost to your attack and defenses while also working in tandem with Trick Room. Substitute is also a possibility as you have a fairly large HP pool to work with, and it can help activate Torrent. Waterfall going first in Trick Room allows for the possibility of flinch and STAB. And EQ is just a no brainer. The other options are just there for fun. Rindo Berry to help stop the first Grass attack from absolutely murdering you. ^_^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Instead of Gyro Ball for Metagross why not Bullet Punch?

Because with Trick Room active on a Brave Gyro Balling Metagross, Meta would go first anyway which makes Bullet Punch obsolete.

I actually came up with this.

Swampert
Water-Ground Type
[-o-] Leftovers 252 HP/ 136 Def/ 120 SDef
Ability: Torrent Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Curse
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail/Avalanche
- Hammer Arm

Which one should I go with? \/- Phoenix's

Swampert@Rindo Berry or ?
Torrent
Adamant or Brave
252 Atk/ 252 HP/ whatever or 252 Atk/ 124 Def/ 124 Sp Def/ 4 HP
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm/Curse
Avalanche/Stone Edge/Substitute/Curse

I'm willing to rid of Aqua Tail for Avalanche anyday as a backup plan. And the Rido Berry... weakens Grass moves.

AL
*Poof!*

Aqua Tail is an option, but you lose a little accuracy for the gain in power. Waterfall may only be 80 pwr but it does have 20% chance for flinch hax, and considering you should be going first, Waterfall would be my choice.

And you can still run Curse and Hammer Arm with that set, the other options were just there for extras. I would keep both STAB attacks and just decide between Hammer Arm and another attack. If you can manage to throw two Curses up and still be alive, you should be able to sweep easily.

Aqua Tail is an option, but you lose a little accuracy for the gain in power. Waterfall may only be 80 pwr but it does have 20% chance for flinch hax, and considering you should be going first, Waterfall would be my choice.

And you can still run Curse and Hammer Arm with that set, the other options were just there for extras. I would keep both STAB attacks and just decide between Hammer Arm and another attack. If you can manage to throw two Curses up and still be alive, you should be able to sweep easily.

I'll go with the... Hammer Arm. It is a good move all around and once I have the Curse-Room set up, I'll have only two attacks with a limited range of coverage, which isn't too good.

Now I just need to figure out the Metagrosswith its Nature and possible Gyro Ball.

Thank you all, but I am now locking the thread. I've begun training them all, and I have finalized my team; This is it.

-AL
*Poof!*

Status
Not open for further replies.