1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-men 3 The Official Game

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by Doctor Oak, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

High Res and High Quality - because it DESERVES IT.

http://www.pokecharms.com/random/XMen_TOG_Teaser.rar (26mb)

If only because there are some nifty (and I believe new) clips from the movie in there too.

The game itself is looking pretty decent. Certainly it does hold some promise in the fact that movie games of late haven't been complete parp on the whole.

Forgetting the fact that the Fantastic 4 game ever existed that is. And maybe the movie.... >_>

For those not in the know, the game is set in between X-Men 2 and X-Men 3 and includes an explanation for why Nightcrawler aint in the movie. Which is a bit of a giyp for Alan Cumming really: "Oh by the way Alan, you're being dropped from the movie. So you wont get millions of dollars for starring in it. We will give you a couple hundred dollars to do a voiceover in the game though!"

I'm not sure what the laws on likeness licenses are but I do somehow doubt it extends to full-body made-up characters. So he probably got diddled out of that too.

Anyways, I'll leave you with a press release on the game for more info and leave some room for thoughts and opinions. ^^

#1 Doctor Oak, Mar 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Friend Code:
    4167-4498-1464
    It's cool that they're putting such an emphasis on the story aspects of the game. It gives X-Men movie fans more of a reason to buy/play through it.

As for the gameplay itself, I'm skeptic about its solidness as I am with any movie-based game, but the video made it look pretty fun. I'm interested to see just how much control you have over Iceman's ice slide thingy. Out of the three, though, I'd want to play as Nightcrawler ^^

Knowing me, I probably won't buy it. Still, I look forward to seeing how they tweak the performance for each different system (namely 360 verses Cube/PS2 since I don't own an X-Box and multiplatform games like that generally suck on handhelds :p).