• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

X-men 3 The Official Game

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
High Res and High Quality - because it DESERVES IT.

http://www.pokecharms.com/random/XMen_TOG_Teaser.rar (26mb)

If only because there are some nifty (and I believe new) clips from the movie in there too.

The game itself is looking pretty decent. Certainly it does hold some promise in the fact that movie games of late haven't been complete parp on the whole.

Forgetting the fact that the Fantastic 4 game ever existed that is. And maybe the movie.... >_>

For those not in the know, the game is set in between X-Men 2 and X-Men 3 and includes an explanation for why Nightcrawler aint in the movie. Which is a bit of a giyp for Alan Cumming really: "Oh by the way Alan, you're being dropped from the movie. So you wont get millions of dollars for starring in it. We will give you a couple hundred dollars to do a voiceover in the game though!"

I'm not sure what the laws on likeness licenses are but I do somehow doubt it extends to full-body made-up characters. So he probably got diddled out of that too.

Anyways, I'll leave you with a press release on the game for more info and leave some room for thoughts and opinions. ^^

X-Men: The Official Movie Game (working title)

FACT SHEET

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Co-written by Zak Penn, the screenwriter of movies X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand, and legendary comic book writer Chris Claremont, X-Men: The Official Movie Game (working title) immerses players in an original storyline that provides the back-story for the upcoming X-Men: The Last Stand feature film. For the first time ever, the game enables players to truly command the powers of popular characters from the X-Men movie universe by allowing players to assume the roles of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Iceman as they wield and upgrade their signature powers and maneuver through unique environments designed to showcase their Super Hero abilities. Assisted by other X-Men characters, players will use an advanced control scheme to master and control the characters like never before as they unleash Wolverine's combat rage, experience Nightcrawler's acrobatics and teleportation powers, and glide through the air on Iceman's ice slide.

KEY FEATURES:

# Become three legendary heroes — Players will immerse themselves in the signature powers of their favorite X-Men heroes - hack and slash with Wolverine's brute strength to decimate foes; as Nightcrawler, players will scale walls, spin and BAMF through environments to stay one step ahead of enemies; and experience incredible speed on Iceman's ice slide while shooting ice beams and creating hailstorms to freeze the opposition. For even more power, players can utilize fury and adrenaline modes to launch devastating attacks.

# Experience events leading up to the X-Men: The Last Stand feature film and play beyond — Players will experience epic Super Hero action as the game explains Nightcrawler's mysterious absence from the movie, and in-game events foreshadow the roles of the X-Men and Brotherhood in the film. The game's climactic ending sets the stage for the movie with intersecting characters and storylines intersecting.

# Become a part of the X-Men movie universe — Embark on a globe-spanning conflict that delivers every element of the X-men universe—from costumes and enemies to the voice of Patrick Stewart. Explore Alkali Lake, the Statue of Liberty, Dark Cerebro and more.

# Battle fierce enemies, join forces with X-Men comrades — Face off against villains from both the movie and beyond as favorite X-Men allies join forces with the player in gameplay that includes melee fighting, stealth-style action and time-based missions.

# Experience gameplay environments specifically designed to showcase each character's Super Hero abilities — Uniquely engineered environments empower players to use different gameplay strategies as they harness their Super Hero powers and defeat enemies. Players will have ultimate control over their heroes as they improve their superpowers over time through the Mutant Evolution System.

# Game console features and exclusives — Experience the X-Men universe in amazing HD on the Xbox® 360 version of the game. The Game Boy® Advance and the Nintendo DSTM versions also offer exclusive X-Men characters to play, and for the first time, use the Nintendo DS touch screen to control the X-Men.

Publisher: Activision, Inc.

Developer: Z-Axis (PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360)
Hypnos (Nintendo GameCube)
Amaze (Nintendo DS)
Wayfoward (GameBoy Advance)
Beenox (PC)

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's cool that they're putting such an emphasis on the story aspects of the game. It gives X-Men movie fans more of a reason to buy/play through it.

As for the gameplay itself, I'm skeptic about its solidness as I am with any movie-based game, but the video made it look pretty fun. I'm interested to see just how much control you have over Iceman's ice slide thingy. Out of the three, though, I'd want to play as Nightcrawler ^^

Knowing me, I probably won't buy it. Still, I look forward to seeing how they tweak the performance for each different system (namely 360 verses Cube/PS2 since I don't own an X-Box and multiplatform games like that generally suck on handhelds :p).