• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join WWPL (World Wide Pokemon League)

"She is right, my Pokemon should probably rest as much as they can for the upcoming tournament, just make sure I get to battle both of you." Jack said. "Pokemon need real rest, hyper potions can't heal everything."

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan nodded his head "I suppose that's true..." The planes had arrived pretty late in the day, so by now the sun was setting "I guess we should get some rest too. the sun is going down"

Yania was beside herself with excitement. Having returned to her home region after almost a year abroad in Kanto, she was more than happy to come back to her home region. After spending some time with family a few days prior, she finally set off on her flight for the World Tournament island.

As soon as she finished registering for the tournament, Yania and Houndoom made their way back outside where other trainers and their Pokémon were milling about. Her gaze was immediately caught by a group of trainers crowding around, she noticed an Umbreon, Gallade, even a Lucario! She could tell these trainers weren’t messing around, their teams were full of rare Pokémon. Yania and led Houndoom through the crowd to get a closer look, but still kept her distance, she didn’t want to seem rude.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan began setting up his tent, which he thinks he should have done before. he made sure it would be difficult to steal the tent or it's contents. Dylan couldn't wait for the tournament to start. It seemed meer minutes away by now, Dylan could hardly sleep because of it.

Last edited:
Houndoom tugged at Yania’s luggage. He was reminding her to put up her tent. Of course. scolded herself for getting distracted. Yania called out Dragonite to help with set up. With two extra claws on her side, preparing her tent was a breeze. She was sure to double check her supplies too, after another reminder from the ever unimpressed Houndoom.

Alright, alright, I’m sorry,” she had told him. “I’m back in Unova for the first time in a year, can you blame me for getting a bit off track? Jet lag hasn’t exactly been kind to me, either.” After a quick check, everything was in place: Her Trainer ID, back-up Max Potions, a special bone for Houndoom, and a couple batteries for Golem. She slipped her items, as well as all six of her Pokeballs into a pocket of her bag to be sling over her shoulder and rest her hip. Just like that, Yania was all set for the Tournament. “Happy now?” She asked Houndoom, jokingly. “It’s almost time for your Broadway debut, bud.” Houndoom only rolled its eyes and curled up to nap inside the tent.

Pippa step down from her Noivern- she hadn't taken a regular plane like most, she had used the directions on her acceptance letter to get to the island from Kalos. Wynn happily cried, landing with a few flaps of his large wings. Pippa jumped off, landing rather wobbly on the stone of a ledge. She looked to see the island, a beautiful, overgrown paradise. Most contestants were at the sign-in place, but she couldn't help but look at the many tents that were spread along the meadow. She had her tent in a bag she carried along with her own, a little heavy, but nothing she couldn't handle. Wynn seemed excited, the Noivern crying out again. "Noiii!"
Pippa couldn't help but laugh, beckoning down the Noivern to pet the top of it's head. "Are you sure you don't need a rest, Wynn? You flew for quite a long time, you know." The girl softly asked, but the Bat Pokemon shook it's head in means of saying no. She then nodded, going to the check-in to sign herself into the tournament. After doing so, all that was left was her tent. However, she had to go through her bag a bit first, checking for her full restores, full heals, and the items that she would give to her Pokemon to assist them in battle. Pippa then called Wynn, travelling to where she would place her tent.
Pippa set up her tent, seeing a few trainers on the way to the spot of her campsite, but she shyed away for then, since she wanted her tent so that she could let her Noivern and her other Pokemon rest. The tournament would be a success, no matter if she won or lost.

"Alright, should we go and get some rest ourselves before the tournament?" Jack asked. He were tired and had to get some rest as well. Umbreon were still playing with the other Umbreon, but you could see that he was tired.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
The next morning had arrived. it was almost time. Dylan woke up, got out of his tent, and could hardly contain his excitement. He immediately started training, because nobody else was up yet. if there's no one to watch you train, there's no one to find out your strategy. This was something Dylan realised overnight, while thinking about new strategy's. He knew he didn't have long to train, knowing there are going to be other people waking up early.

Jack woke up a little later, and started to put on his clothes. He got up and walked out of his tent, and everyone seemed to be asleep. He sent out his Pokemon and decided to go for a walk. They walked into the woods and ate berries from the bushes/trees when they saw a place surrounded by trees, and it was the perfect place to train.

Yania emerged from her tent and stretched, yawning. Today was the beginning of the tournament, and she only had a little time to train before the rounds began. Mornings in Unova were a bit chilly, so she donned a jacket before releasing Fearow for a morning fly around the nearby woods. Yania hopped on the flying Pokémon’s back, and it cawed to her happily as it took off, swooping over the tops of trees. The cold air rushing by woke her up better than any coffee could.

Topaz arrived late, he emerged from the private jet and looked out at the crowd of trainers. For the first time in years he felt excitement, here there were finally trainers worth battling. He had bored himself, consistently wining battles at the Chateau, easily gaining the wealth and fame of the rank Grand Duke. As he walked down the steps his Arcanine followed close behind, his presence seemed to cause the sun to shine brighter- proof of the Pokémon’s intense power. “Hey boy, you might finally get the challenge you are looking for here.” He reassured his the large canine Pokémon as his foot set down on the new land that was sure to mark the beginning of an exciting experience.

Last edited:
Ajax stepped off the private chartered jet into the gentle breeze of the open air, pulling his collar up as he slipped on his crimson leather trench-coat all while his dog tags clinked quietly as he walked, striding confidently into the airport.
‘So this is the where I’ll be winning the World Championship, it’s quaint but it'll be a good starting point toward the Master qualifiers’ he thought as he glanced around and grabbed his bag. A somewhat harsh clattering revealed his badge case had opened within his bag, setting badges from Unova and Kalos free within the fabric folds. Ajax cursed under his breath and knelt down unzipping the bag to find the clasp of his badge case had buckled at some point during the turbulent flight from Canalave city. '...seven, eight-nine-ten... fifteen... wheres that last badge?" murmured the young trainer finally retrieving the legend badge from beneath a box of ultra-balls.

—later at WWPL registrations—

“Alexander Xavier VII for registration” stayed Ajax as he approached the lady at the registration desk, his invitation letter in hand.
“Ah yes, Alexander here is your trainer ID, we’ll let you know when your first match is” the smiling receptionist replied, her comically blue hair pulled back from her pale face in a neat pony-tail.
“Thank you” smiled Ajax a visible artificiality in his tone before walking off toward his hotel villa, he hated pointless social interactions like these

—later at Ajax's private villa and estate—

“Alright guys time to get acquainted with the area” Ajax threw his poke balls high into the air releasing his team into the area in-front of him. Bastion and Rose made side-ward glances toward each-other on appearance, the two steel types had hatched together and thus were inseparable at times. Similarly Toph and Navi were already prancing around the private area, Navi darting between trees and under brush while Toph plowed right through it all. Finally stood Genji and Hot-shot the pair had immediately raced toward the highest perch atop a large oak tree, both wanting to claim the lookout for them-self. "Guys, we've got some work to do stop playing around" commanded Ajax seemingly mad but his Pokemon knew he was at least partially joking with them.

"Charizard, flamethrower!" Jack had found a bunch of wild Pokémon that he could tell wanted to train, so he trained with them. Right now Charizard was battling a Fearow while the other Pokémon watched closely. Flamethrower hit Fearow who tried to tough the attack out, but he failed. Next up was Umbreon against a wild Eevee. Jack trained for about an hour until he went back to the camp, where a few more people had woken up. He walked to the Pokémon center to heal up his Pokémon, and then he walked back and waited for his friends to wake up.

Pippa had been resting most of the day and all through the night- she wasn't particularly keen on wasting her energy. The next morning she was out and about, however, with Wynn by her side. The two traversed through the maze of tents, finally making it to a rather open area- clearly for trainer's use as the new meadow was vast, dotted with trees. "What do you think, Wynn?" The Noivern then turned to it's owner, flapping it's wings. "Noiii-vern!" Pippa nodded, and fished a Pokeball and two berries from her bag. "Edith!" She said softly, as the Poodle Pokemon came out of it's Pokeball. "Frou!" The Noivern and Furfrou then happily conversed, and Pippa handed the two a berry each. A sitrus for the Noivern and an Oran for her Furfrou- the two needed nutrients that would be provided well in berry form.

Last edited:
No one seemed to wake up, so Jack decided to go back into the woods. He sent out his Blastoise to walk with him, and Umbreon were also walking out of his pokéball like always. A bit into the woods he saw a girl with a Noivern and a Fourfrou. Jack decided it would be fun to get another friend, so he decided to introduce himself.
"Hello! It's quite the Noivern you have there." Jack said. "My name is Jack, are you competing in the tournament?"

The two Pokemon chewed on their berries, each of them reacting happily towards each other. Pippa grinned, slinging her backpack over her shoulder before she heard a voice from behind her. She snapped her head around, but quickly calmed once she saw a guy who looked rather friendly. A Blastoise and an Umbreon stood beside him- both of the Pokemon looked rather friendly, just like the trainer himself.
Wynn turned, the bat Pokemon seemed a bit startled, flapping his wings and waddling behind Pippa. "Wynn, you must not be so protective." Pippa laughed lightly, turning to greet the guy as Edith padded over. "Jack. Nice to meet you, I'm Pippa. This is Wynn, as you may have heard." She paused once more, beckoning down her Pokemon to pet his head. "And this is Edith, my Furfrou. They're both magnificent." She then looked to his Pokemon. "Ah, yes. I'm entering. I could only be here if I was, correct?"

"Nice to meet you Pippa, and no, you can be here even if you aren't competing. Maybe you would just be a spectator, so I thought it would be better asking." Jack said. "Anyway, how many Pokemon did you bring? I brought an entire team, but I have seen alot of people that only brought five."

"I brought 5 Pokemon, yeah. My Noivern, Furfrou, Lapras, Audino, and Glaceon. I might seem small-minded for only bringing 5 Pokemon, but my strategy simply puts me at an advantage. How do you think I got all my gym badges?" Pippa ended with another question, Edith moving over to greet the two Pokemon Jack owned. "Frouu...?" Wynn didn't move, however, looking over Jack and his Pokemon as if he was trying to see if they were all trustworthy. "Other than that, it's a real pleasure to meet a fellow challenger. I flew here on Wynn, so I hadn't had the chance to converse before evening struck."

"Well, if you have raised your Pokémon right, which it looks like you have, five Pokémon should be enough. What region do you come from?" Jack asked. Umbreon were slowly going forward and smelled on the Noivern, and then ran into the woods and came back with a berry, and gave it to the Noivern. Umbreon let out a small "Umbreeo!" so the Noivern would notice him. Blastoise were training, shooting water at the trees, and then tried to go to the lake, but Jack stopped him. "We can go to the lake later, okay!"

"Laverre City, Kalos." Pippa answered, placing her hand on her hip. "What about yourself? You seem interesting so far." Pippa watched as the Umbreon fetched the berry. The Noivern looked down, a quizzical look on the bat Pokemon's fave. However, it took the berry from the Umbreon, lightly munching on it before letting out a trill of happiness. "Noii!" Wynn seemed more relaxed now, flapping his wings once more. Edith, being the Furfrou and the oddest of the three, turned her attention to Jack's Blastoise. "Fur-Fur?" The bark seemed to be wondering what the Pokemon was doing- more so why it was so interested in the lake.

"Jubilife City, Sinnoh." Jack answered. "Oh, I just realised, I have a Pokémon that your Noivern might like." Jack took out a Pokéball and sent out Garchomp. The big dragon walked over to the Noivern and Umbreon clearly interested. Then he flew off and came back shortly after, with a berry, a Pokémon treat and a stone. He then held out the three items for Umbreon, Noivern and Fourfrou to choose. Umbreon were quick and took the stone, since it had small rings that looked like the rings that Umbreon had.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan had noticed the conversation and stopped training, so that nobody would find out his strategy. He had been planning this strategy ever since he got the letter from the person who set up this tournament.

Jack heard something from the forest, but it was probably just a wild Pokémon, he thought. He then turned back and saw that Blastoise were continuing to try and go to the sea.
"I said later, Blastoise!" Jack said and returned Blastoise to her Pokéball. He saw that Garchomp did his old game when he meets someone new, and Umbreon were of course quick on the stone. "Umbreon loves stones." He said, maybe to Pippa, maybe to himself.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
By now it was nearly time for the tournament. Dylan walked towards the stadium in anticipation of who he would battle first. Lucario was beside him, also exited about his first battle. After their last attempt at the pokemon league, they were hoping their toughest battle would not be cut short.

Ajax strode confidently back to the registration building, his open jacket trailing behind him in the gentle wind of the island.

“Alexander Xavier, I’m here for my first round allocation” stated the young man as he stood behind the desk idly toying with his dog-tags.
“Ah yes Mr Xavier, your first battle is in stadium 2 and you’re against Yania, the opening ceremony is just about to begin” chirped the receptionist a false nicety to her tone.
“Very well, thank you”

Last edited:

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
(OOC: There is an opening ceremony. Please wait for that to start)

As dylan was walking towards the stadium, some speakers suddenly turned on. Somebody said to the microphone "trainers competing in the World Wide Pokemon League, please make your way into the stadium for the opening ceremony" Dylan now knew it was time, and started walking faster than he was before. He was to exited to move any slower. The same went for lucario, who didn't have a hard time keeping up at all.

Last edited:
Ajax wandered lazily into the opening ceremony, wondering why the event was even taking place.
“They postponed my first battle for this?” He complained gesturing toward the near empty stadium, he knew these ceremonies existed solely to plume up the ego of the tournament officials and commentators. With the occasional half-hearted ‘thank you’ to sponsors or empty words of encouragement for competitors

Jack turned around and returned Garchomp and Blastoise to their pokeballs.
"See ya later!" He said to Pippa and started running towards the stadium. It didn't take long before he reached it, and Umbreon were running by his side. He saw Dylan and alot of other trainers, who he were going to beat. Umbreon saw Dylan and Jack decided to give him company.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah had just arrived to the Pokemon stadium where the ceremony was being held, thankfully the boat that brought him here didn't get him disqualified for tardiness. "Hmmm....... It seems that some of these trainers might be worth fighting against in this tournament, what do you think Volts." From behind Noah was a large electivire entering the stadium while looking around the stadium before just grunting. "I guess we'll just wait to see when we face our first opponent." I said as he approached a random group of trainers that were listening to the ceremony as electivire followed him.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan noticed jack from behind him and said hi "oh hey jack!" Lucario had also turned around to greet umbreon. Dylan saw another trainer walk by him, with an electrivire not to far behind. "Man, these guys REALLY aren't messing around..." Dylan thought to himself

Ajax stood alone waiting for the ceremony to begin, the whole endeavor entirely pointless, yet another tedious ordeal preventing the battles, the actual point of the tournament, from starting.
He was growing tired of the menial tasks this tournament was inflicting upon him. “Just hurry up and start the damn thing before we die of old age” he heard someone called out from the audience, immediately earning themselves the title of Ajax’s favorite audience member.
‘Bold but very true, the tournament hasn’t even started yet and their making us wait for another pointless ceremony’ Ajax thought to himself., Willing the divine powers to end this nonsense or end him, both options seemed better than this unending torment

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan finally made it into the stadium, when a voice came from the speakers. "Welcome trainers and spectators to the world wide pokemon league! This tournament will use basic tournament rules, which means, items can not be used during battle. Only equipped items. Secondly, your party must contain at least 5 pokemon for each battle, though you are free to swap your party members with pokemon in your PC. (OOC: please tell me what pokemon your are swapping first) BIC: That is all for rules, now for the first matchup!" Dylan stood in anticipation, as the announcer called out the first trainers to battle "the first battle of round 1 will be... Tim vs jack!" Dylan was disappointed that he wasn't picked first, but knew he could examine the other trainer's strategy. He was fine as long as he didn't go last. "All competitors other than tim and jack, please proceed to the spectator stands." Dylan and lucario both started going, is wasn't long before they found a seat.

Jack heard his name and walked into the stadium. He then stood there and waited for his opponent.
"Damn, these people look strong." Jack thought fro himself. "But I have trained alot and have a strong bond with my Pokemon as well." He decided to start off with Umbreon, who was standing by his side.

Tim entered the arena, having hung back to relax with his Pokemon before the big battle. For the first round, the ground was a simple concrete rectangle with a Pokeball painted in the middle. No terrain to take into account. He walked to the center of the court and shook hands with his adversary.

"Best of luck," Tim said, a sly grin on his face. He'd trained hard for this. He knew together, he and his team could come up with a strategy to combat whatever came their way.

"Okay Umbreon, you will win this." Jack said as Umbreon jumped out on the arena. The moon was shining, which would be perfect for Umbreon. Jack stood there, trying to concentrate, while he was waiting for his opponent to send out his first Pokemon.

"Lono, let's kick this thing off," Tim said, tossing his Alolan Raichu onto the field, "Analyze our sitch."

Lono peered at her opponent. Dark type. Weak to Bug, Fighting, and Fairy. Bug and Fighting were a no go. But Fairy... Lono could work with that.

"You know what to do," Tim said, putting his full trust in Lono. Lono burst out in a sweet song, sure to bring a tear to anyone's eye. Disarming Voice. The one Fairy-Type move she had access to.

Jack saw the Raichu appear on the battlefield. Electric and Psychic, weak to Ground, Ghost, Bug and Dark. Ground and Bug wasn't any moves that Umbreon knew, but Dark and Ghost.
"Umbreon, tank the hit and the use Dark Pulse!" Umbreon stood his ground, getting hit by the Disarming Voice, but tanked it. The pulse of darkness flew against the Raichu, with Jack knowing that if the move would hit it would probably hurt.
"Umbreon, use Moonlight!" The Umbreon absorbed the light of the moon into his fur, healing himself up a bit.

Lono saw the rippling shadows approaching, and tried to protect herself with her tail. It absorbed most of the hit, but the darkness that did indeed pierce her soul caused her gut-wrenching pain.

"Lono, you alright?" Tim hollered.

She nodded, cried out and unleashed a Thunderbolt that streaked across the battlefield.

"Umbreon, jump to the side and use Dark Pulse again." The Umbreon tried to jump away from the lightning that was striking across the battlefield, but got hit. He flew back but got up quickly, and sent out a pulse of darkness again, this time being a little off track.

Lono, exhausted from the pure energy she'd just unleashed, couldn't react to the pulse coming towards her. Luckily, it hadn't been the most accurate, and had only nicked her.

This back-and-forth would surely end in her defeat, so Lono switched up her strategy, going for something unorthodox. In this case, that strategy was fleeing. Lono charged up a Volt Switch, ready to give it her all. She charged in an all-out attack.