1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing an Open Source Game

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by Baby Lugia, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Just wondering. Is anyone around here a C++ coder? Have you worked with SDL or Crystal Space 3D? Well, I have 2 projects, I that doesn't exist, one that does, so check out my homepage below for that, because I need coders.

Any other contributors who have character sprites, art, sounds, etc. are welcome to send them in via the contact info on the page.

So here is my non-existant project (well it exists in my mind).

2. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

I toyed with the idea of learning C and it's deriveratives this summer but instead resigned to learning some PERL and focusing on the site.

And as far as I know, other than Stel who has dabbled, i'm the only one to actually program and have a qualification in it.

So, if i can't help you, I don't see a lot of the rest of us being able to. Sorry.

3. Hey, I do perl too!
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/perl#  Fibonacci Sequencer v2#  with prompt if $HowMany is too large#  and adjustable starting number# By Baby Lugiaprint "Starting number [1]: ";chomp($start_number = );if ($start_number  19){	 print "Are you sure you want to print $HowMany numbers? (y or n)";	 $YorN = ;	  if ($YorN =~ /y/){	   $YorN = 1;	  }	  else{	   $YorN = 0;	   print "Now exiting..."	  }} if ($HowMany