• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Would you give suggestions to my team, please?

I am aware that my team is almost completely water type Pokémon. However, together they can reach quite a few other types effectively.

Octillery;
Ability : Sniper
Surf
Signal Beam ( For those Psychic-Types )
Focus Energy ( Instead of Thunder Wave, to compliment Sniper )
Flamethrower

Ludicolo;
Ability : Rain Dish
Dive
Leech Seed
Toxic
Rain Dance

Seviper;
Ability : Shed Skin
Poison Tail
Earthquake
Glare
Flamethrower

Gyarados;
Ability : Intimidate
Surf
Hidden Power [ Flying ]
Dragon Dance
Hyper Beam

Kingler;
Surf
Hidden Power [ Ground ]
Swords Dance
Knock Off

Steelix
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Toxic
Rock Slide

I MAY SWITCH STEELIX WITH FORRETRESS AND LUDICOLO WITH CRADILY DO TO LACK OF BEING ABLE TO OBTAIN THEM.

Forretress;
Earthquake
Hidden Power [ Bug ]
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin

Cradily;
Rock Slide
Giga Drain
Recover
Toxic

I'd really enjoy comments and suggestions on my team.
Thank you! ~

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Curtis

Replace either Gyarados or Kinglers surf with Ludicolos dive and teach Ludicolo a better attack move. Other than that its a pretty good team.

Ludicolo is supposed to know Dive.
The strategy is to use Rain Dance to activate his Rain Dish effect.
Then use Leech Seed, Followed by toxic. Therefore, he'll gain quite an amount of HP each turn, while also chipping away at the foe.
And, finally, Dive to avoid being attacked while also being able to deal damage.

I'll definatly do that. I might be visiting one of my friends soon, and I'm determined to see how well she'll do against my team. She's fairly good, too.
Just a little obsessive with her Poison-types.

What happened to Octillery's signiture move, Octazooka?

I would keep that for the sake of it being...well...HIS!

To be fair, the Horsea line can use it too.

I've learned that just because it's the Pokemon's signature move doesn't mean it can use it well. (Sceptile and Leaf Blade. And with an accuracy of 85 there are much better water moves for Octillery. Like Water Pulse and Surf.

To be fair, the Horsea line can use it too.

I've learned that just because it's the Pokemon's signature move doesn't mean it can use it well. (Sceptile and Leaf Blade. And with an accuracy of 85 there are much better water moves for Octillery. Like Water Pulse and Surf.
I agree completely with this. Just because a Pokemon has a "Signature Move", it doesn't mean that the move will the their ultimate. Octazooka may, however, have the good advantage of lowering your opponents accuracy, but what good is that if the move itself is innacurate?
Double team would be a better choice. Unless you're replacing it with an attacking move, then, again, Surf, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, even.
Although, Hydro Pump would bring back the innacuracy.