• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Would you be willing to donate to keep the Jukebox Alive?

Would you be willing to donate to keep the Jukebox Alive?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
To keep the Jukebox alive permanantly requires a large chunk of money to pay for the bandwidth to cover our asses. I may get a fair chunk of money monthly but that does have to do me the month and with school, friends and videogames all taking their own chunks outta that - it doesn't leave me a lot of room to keep buying large upgrades for the site.

The only valid option to keep the Jukebox alive every day of the month 24 hours a day is if you guys donated a little bit of money here and there to help.

However, i don't really want to ask outright for you guys to start shelling out money donations so firstly i want to see if you would agree to it or not.

When voting for this poll, please also post a comment on what you think of it. I need both votes and written comments to help me make a final decision on it.

The alternative to having the Jukebox alive all month is to have it up at scheduled weeks for 3-4 days at a time. Which isn't as helpful as it could be is it?

It's your choice.

I'd be willing to donate and help out.

Of course, I am your newest member. And the lot of you probably have no clue who I am. I've been to this site a total of 3 times, and liked it enough to be willing to support it in any way possible that I can.

Unfortunatley, my sound card busted and I need to get a new one. So I have no clue what the Jukebox sounds like. But if others like it, and it keeps your site alive, than I wouldn't mind donating to help you out. ;)

Kind of interesting that this is my first post. o_O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I voted but didn't reply.

Anyways, I voted yes, because as soon as I get some steady cash I do plan to donate some to the site. My only thing is I don't see the point to keep the Jukebox around if its only going to have a few songs. If we can get enough money so that 8 to 10 songs can be up at once then I say, yeah, it's worth it. If that could never be possible, tho, then I think we might as well dump it for other stuff (like what plusle said).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I've got enough tunes now of the same sort of stuff that i can put up about 10 tracks of similar songs/pieces of music at once. The bandwidth for that though would be a bit high.

If i bump up the bandwidth monthly, we're looking at a few extra songs at a time a month.

How would you like it if i were to change the song daily? But only have a single song?

At least that way you'd have it permanantly, hopefully, and you'd get some change.

Meh, up to you guys.

I have to admit that I have never used it and so would not want to pay for it.

Gary's idea of maybe one or two songs cycling is more my piece of toast.