• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Would Appreciate some help

Being my first post, hope I'm in the right room for this...seems to be, anyway...to the point.

I'm a little new to the Pokemon games in general, i player Yellow back when it first came out, and now I'm 15, and my friends keep running me over with there fully EV trained, level 50 and 80 teams teams...Ive been playing sense pearl and diamond were released and now i seek help to somehow pull of a win against my friends teem...which is based around annoyers and thunder-dance...hope thats enough to get some advice, thanks much!

Newbie and Proud...atm...XD,

Usagi​

You need to train very hard and focus your team on their weakness(fire to grass water to fire grass to water ect.)

Thats the easier way to do it. You have to get in to training your pokemon and getting the right move sets.

EV training I think would help but sadly I can't help you there.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What's Thunder-dance? o.o

Anyways, I moved this here because its a bit more appropriate. Can you tell us what Pokemon you're using, their current movements, or which ones your friend uses? The more info you can give, the more people can help you out.

Btw - did you have any interest in learning about EV training, or do you already have a vague idea at it? It definitely can give you an edge over your opponent.

yea the rain-dance thunder combo XD...i beleave his team consist of Lucario, Luxray, Leafion, Ralts new male form, and thats all i know at the moment, he has EV trained them to the max, i tought myself to EV, and at the moment i have a Glacion, working on Luxray, the move sets i chose fit my EV training and nature selection. I am looking into an Arcanine and a Tyranitar, prehaps even a Garchomp but i havent decided yet.

Glacion - Nature: Modest - EVed in Sp.Atk and Def
Moveset:
     Ice Beam
     Hail
     Blizzard
     Mirror Coat

Luxray - Nature: Adamant - EVed in Atk and Speed
Moveset:
     Crunch
     Thunder Fang
     Thunder
     Ice Fang

Oh and i EVed them with the Macho Brace and Pokeres if that counts for anything...and thanks for moving the topic 4 me linkachu

Edit: I thought of a team up that seems to be a bit brutial if it works right...not sure if anyones tried it...Blazkin and Lucario...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well, you got the right natures, that'll give you an edge to start, but let's tweak these movesets a bit.

Glaceon
-Ice Beam
-Hail
-Water Pulse
-Mirror Coat/Shadow Ball

I basically just took out Blizzard, there's no need for two Ice-type attacks. Ice Beam already has power and accuracy, let's not sacrifice that for more power and less accuracy. Glaceon already has monstrous Special Attack anyway, and that stat is further boosted by its Modest Nature. AND Ice Beam gets STAB. Let me just tell you that anything with an Ice weakness doesnt stand a chance.

Hail is there obviously because of Glaceon's Ability, Snow Cloak, which raises evasion when its Hailing, plus its a good annoyance.

One guess at why Water Pulse is there, :p Fire-types that think they can best you? BAM! WATER PULSED! >:0 Works on Rock and Ground-types too...

Mirror Coat is definitly useful, but in the end I'd go with Shadow Ball. Decent power and its a nice surprise to your foes.

Unofortunatly Glaceon's Speed betrays it, so don't get too cocky with it. EVing in Speed will help to raise that speed a bit, but you'll still have to be smart.

Yeah, and for Luxray, no Thunder for him. Go with either Swagger or Return. If you go with Swagger be smart with it, as it is a risky move to begin with, but SO worth it if used right. Use right means NOT using it on a Pocket Monster that specializes in Attack, like Weavile for example, that's a death sentence right there. Instead use it on Special Attackers, like Jynx or Starmie for example, something you KNOW doesn't deal with Attacking moves.

If that doesn't work for you then Return is fine. Very nice power, that is if your Luxray loves you to death.

Thanks guys...um...as for the "God" Pokemon, Arceus...i have a modest nature, what would be a good moveset? i was thinking...
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Judgement
and....um...cant think of one here...

Thanks guys...um...as for the "God" Pokemon, Arceus...i have a modest nature, what would be a good moveset? i was thinking...
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Judgement
and....um...cant think of one here...
if i were you,go for shadow claw/t-bolt if you can.if not,earth power.
move relearner requires surf/a heart scale ;D happy to help ;D