1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Game EVER?

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by fred7601, Oct 21, 2014.

1. fred7601

Friend Code:
    1160-9962-8734
    Tons of failed video games have been made, but what do you think is the absolute WORST game ever? I'd have to say that Big Rig Racing is the most HORRIBLE game due to it being released before it was even finished, along with it's bad-grammar winning screen.

2. I'd say Batman: Rise of Shin Tzu, bat (get it?) graphics, story, bosses that are repetitive, also, unlike the Arkham games, you don't feel like Batman
    Also FIRST

3. if your meaning games ive played the worst is sonic 06. by what ive seen bubsy 3d looks like a trainwreck

4. AzureEdge

AzureEdge ✧luzrov rulay✧

Friend Code:
    5000-3997-3556
    Nintendo Network:
    AzureEdge
    Steam:
    AzureEdge7
    Worst game ever? That's hard to say.

I've played tons, but the worst game I've played is Last Rebellion.
    I hated the fighting style (turn based crap), and the cutscenes didn't explain anything about the plot.
    Who uses a portal just to fight as a girl?
    I stopped at chapter 2, and tried to forget that game existed.

5. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

Easy, the most repulsively awful game of all time is:

[​IMG]

Anyone who says this game is anything better than a cancerous blight upon the Metroid franchise is a liar.

Shocari likes this.
  6. Burgundy

Burgundy Formerly SuperSableye24

Friend Code:
    5456-0591-6968
    I liked Other M, but then again, I didn't grow up playing the Metroid series so I don't really get what so wrong about it. It was one of my first Metroid games. I get that Metroid games aren't all about telling a story, but is it really so bad for there to be a story? This could just be me though, I'll like anything you throw at me really. Proof? I didn't think Sonic 06 was completely worthless. Glitchy, yes, but if they had more time to work on the game it might've been better.

Anyways, my least favorite game is hard to pinpoint. I guess...any modern FPS really. Way too overhyped in my opinion.

7. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

It is if the story's writing is dreadful and said story tears numerous plotholes into the stories of almost every other game in the series.

There's nothing wrong with games having a story. Metroid Other M's story was just absolutely dreadful in every conceivable way to the point where it completely ruined the game itself and tarnished every other game in the series with the plotholes and awful "character development."

If it was the first (and only) Metroid game you ever played, fine. You won't understand where it went so horribly wrong since it requires playing the others. Just know that it is unquestionably and by far the worst game in the franchise to the point that the entire franchise is made worse by its mere existence.

Shocari and Burgundy like this.
  8. UndeadRaptor13

Friend Code:
    1048-9732-8477
    Nintendo Network:
    Arktos
    PSN:
    UndeadRaptor13
    Xbox Live:
    Royal Firefang
    Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zorua13/
    Personally the worst game I've ever played was Homefront. There was alot wrong with that game to me.

9. Going by facts, the most commonly accepted form of the "worst video game" is E.T. for the Nintendo Entertainment System. I've even heard that many, and I mean MANY copies of the game were dumped into a Mexican landfill. Because (and this may be a stretch, but...) "This product is simply unfit for use."
    In reality the game amounted to nothing more than a sloppily pixelated form of E.T. himself stumbling around an unorganized map, avoiding suited men, while collecting pieces of "phone" which resembled something more in the likeness of candied bits of peanut butter we know as "Reese's Pieces." Long story short: It was just a video game company looking for quick money during the holidays that bought rights to Steven Spielburg's beloved film to make a quick game.

More importantly I'm just sorry for all the poor kids that got that for Christmas, XD

Neopolitan likes this.
  10. You mean E.T for Atari 2600.

11. Nevermind, my least favorite game is Ninjabread Man

12. pac_halo

Friend Code:
    5172-2636-0862
    Steam:
    SpaxThePacifist
    Motherfucking Bad Rats for the PC.

Never mind it's piss-poor graphics. Never mind it's terrible design flaws. Never mind it's boring gameplay. Because, you see, there's a story behind Bad Rats.

I have a close friend of mine who bought Bad Rats for two dollars. At the same time he bought it, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim had been on sale for a pants-crapping-ly amazing price of FIVE BUCKS.

He and I played Bad Rats to completion (Well, we used the internet to get a password to get to the last level) and I swore never to play it again.

13. My personal least favorite game is Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii. The story was a mess, I hated the characters, the controls were god awful, and the soundtrack was Sega's worst(yea, that bad).

14. From a dissapointment standpoint, Metroid: Other M and Bioshock: Infinite come to mind as games that completely murdered and buried any amount of hype I had for them. Other M for the mexican soap opera-like plot it had that unfortunately had it's mangled remains all over the trophies/stages in Smash Bros. 4. It had honestly decent gameplay that with some tweaking and use of the nunchuk could have been fun. But then the constant plot-holes, mischaricterization of Samus, and the OH ADAM-SAN, I CAN NEVER DISOBEY YOU~ bullshit that plagued the game showed up and ruined anything redeeming about it. Honestly, I really hope the next Metroid game has it non-canon by having it as a dairy-entry easter egg in Samus's ship as reading "The Other M Story" or something

Then comes Bioshock Infinite, which after Bioshock 1 & 2 I had loads of hype for. The first trailers only solidified that one improved upon many concepts the original had. So what did they do with the final product? Said "F THAT, LET'S SHOEHORN IN ELIZABETH INTO EVERYTHING AND SIMPLIFY THE COMBAT TO THE POINT WHERE A MONKEY CAN UNDERSTAND", The non-linearity, half the powers Elizabeth would have, the ACTUAL fight encounters with Songbird, and the enemy types original uses that made sense were gone. They even included a half-assed upgrade system that is completely useless thanks to the two-weapon limit. Half the secret areas from Bioshock are gone, along with the insane amount of collectibles. Elizabeth, who originally had witch-like powers, is reduced to giving you bullets and teleporting stuff only in specific areas. And having the grace of having the most broken, bullet-sponge bossfights in history thanks to the Ghost of Comstock that you have to fight 3 TIMES. Just seemed like the beta was so much better than the game we got.

Ok, rant-mode is over now.

Anyway, on the broken-side of games, I would go with Sonic Boom and Ride to Hell for being so glitchy and stupid it's hilarious, and the former being so glitchy and ugly it's quite sad that it ever got out the door of Sega.

15. SaltyZero06

Friend Code:
    2767-0874-1025
    SUPERMAN 64!Done,worst game.

16. Gold145

Friend Code:
    2398-7231-0562
    It's hard to pick just one game since there are a lot of bad games out there, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Sonic 06

17. RedMew

Friend Code:
    4957-8809-0408
    Sonic Mother freaking 06. :( this game was a failure in every way. Glitches come every single way I look at it. Luckily. I haven't played the game. But thanks to Scykoh. I know the best 2 words you'll ever hear in you life. It sucks.

18. Never mind about what I said about Sonic and the Secret Rings. Sonic Boom is the worst game I've ever played. The soundtrack was dreadful, the graphics reminded me of several PS2 games, the story was unbearable, and don't get me started on the voice acting!

19. Sonic boom was terrible...so terrible that it actually got recalled to where you can no longer find a copy..atleast around me

Admin edit: 'u' is not a word. Chatspeak is not allowed here.

#19 alolatrainer, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2015
  20. Shadow the Hedgehog is this mess of slippery controls, overly dramatic and angsty story, annoying voice acting, and just overall left a bad taste in my mouth.

Slender the Arrival is every criticism thrown at Five Nights at Freddy's, but without the charm of cute robots and an interesting lore. Instead it's just an egg on a suit standing in front of you while a loud noise plays, how scary.

The 2013 remake of Tomb Raider isn't awful but seriously pisses me off in a way no other game does. But that's a whole feminist diatribe that I'd rather not get into.

21. Honestly the worst game i have ever played would have to be
    A lot of 3D sonic games bombed

22. But, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations were awesome!

23. The worst game I have probably played was my very first game on the Wii, Major Minor's Majestic March. Although I can't say I hate the game, the only thing keeping me from doing that is because of a small nostalgic feeling I have for it, but it is indeed awful in my opinion. I haven't played the game since I was 6, so really all I can remember is the slow paced march beat through 8 incredibly long stages. So yeah. I don't recommend the game to any person. Why would you torture someone by suggesting it anyways?

24. I actually never played those lol sorry:)

25. For games that I've played, the worst is Sonic 06 probably. I beat the first level and then I just gave up after that. Sonic Boom is also a pretty awful game I mean, I got lost in the hubworld so congrats to me. Mertoid Other M was bad too.

26. _Frisky_

Friend Code:
    2122-9346-8761
    Steam:
    hawkingz1
    Oh my god where do I start. Let's see I managed to Survive the first level of Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and I didn't even last 5 seconds on Bubsy 3D and then I played Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 which was the worst game I ever played

alolatrainer likes this.
  27. Sonic, why don't you like your own games?

28. _Frisky_

Friend Code:
    2122-9346-8761
    Steam:
    hawkingz1
    Heh I came up with this name because I was researching the Sonic Boom and I was watching Dragon Ball Z so tada! SonicZ

Neopolitan likes this.
  29. If you mean by what I agree as an all time worst, then I must say Charlie's Angels the Video Game. The graphics are poor, as are the voice acting. There isn't very much to the game either.

If mean the worst I've ever play, Super Maro 64 DS all the way. Despite being the remake of one of the best Nintendo64 games, the former was not at all that great. The touch screen controls were confusing, which forced me to use the D-Pad. And the friction was a bit slippery, made worse on ice. Not the (somewhat) seasoned gamer I am now, the 10-year-old me had difficulty with this, and it didn't really help that the final boss fight wasn't any easier.

30. The worst game I played was fantastic four rise of the silver surfer

31. BurbleBurble

Friend Code:
    Nintendo Network:
    Pitsart
    Steam:
    MajesticMantis
    OH, my god. Skylanders Giants. I have no experience with other versions, but the 3DS version is awful. Long, droning levels, awful music, the whole figurine thing, worse bosses (Which there are only three of), clunky controls, plus there is no point not using the better characters(Giants), and the joke of a plot. No idea if other 3DS titles for Skylanders are any good, but considering every Skylanders is the same thing with shiny new pay features tacked on, probably not. It is now the bastard child of my game collection, next to "my littlest pet shop" and "Ispy funhouse". At least the figures have good use as paper weights.

32. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

33. voidaquariums

voidaquariums Formerly Luxray901

Friend Code:
    0018-3521-5633
    Cubic Castles.
    You want this? You can't get it through normal gameplay, spend $2 to get it!
    Repeat for every. Item. Possible.
    The art style was cute, and the reviews were pretty good, so I decided "why tf not" and played it.
    1 hour later- *uninstalls*
    "If you succeed, I will re-install you. If you don't, I never played you." >:|

34. Javelin

Friend Code:
    3625-9075-7655
    That Depression Quest thing, which is debatable to even call a game in the first place, really. In my opinion it is a shallow, pandering representation of depression that is frankly insulting to people who have actually had real serious depression completely inhibit nearly all aspects of their lives. Felt like nothing but a cash-in on a growing "ailment badge" trend. My opinion of it has nothing to do with that utterly ridiculous (on both sides) controversy bullshit, just the content itself. It sucks hard.

Also this game called The Rocketeer on SNES. I remember I got this on the Christmas morning when I got my SNES. What a piece of shit collection of barely playable minigames. Not fun at all. Movie-based shovelware at its finest. Pretty much tied with Batman Forever, another game I got as a gift some time later. Just horrible. I remember I hated it so much I had my dad take me to a game store to trade it in, and the store clerk just signed, offered four dollars worth of credit for it and pointed to a bin that was nearly full of plastic pieces of shit with a Batman Forever logo sticker.

There probably worse of course but these are the worst abominations of games I have experienced myself.

35. What about Sad Satan?

36. RedMew

Friend Code:
    4957-8809-0408
    (New) FNAF World.

FNAF, FNAF, FNAF, FNAF... FNAF is a really good horror game. Not just the great storyline, the jumpscares, everything is just good about this game. But FNAF World has been a failure to mankind. I'm probably going to start another flame war, but there's one thing; IT'S MY OPINION. I just hate it. That's all.

Another game I can't resist is Zelda II. Wait, ZELDA II!? COULD OF IT JUST BEEN LEGEND OF ZELDA: II OR SOMETHING!!!!!? ARGH. Well, it's not just the name that is frustrating enough, the gameplay is terrible. The gameplay is the key to a video game, bad gameplay = A terrible game. Who cares about any other terrible thing, the gameplay matters. I AM ERROR is right; I AM ERROR is right....

37. umm im dropping in randomly so im so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooory if your a undertale fan but i just got put this out there i dont like undertale i dunno whut but the game just felt really boring to me sorroy fans but i just cuddent get into to it:(

38. RedMew

Friend Code:
    4957-8809-0408
    I understand, but that is making me sad. :( :( :(

39. thx for understanding but if you like the game thats fine its just my opinion

40. Spanish for Everyone. So, so racist. I should have listened to my sister when she said it was racist.