• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

WoRST FeAR? zOMG!!!

My worst fear is...

• The darkness o_O

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Britney Spears D:

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Boogie Monster (under the bed)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Darkrai!!! (u play 2 much pokemon)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dying

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Going to HeII (T_T)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • I have NO fear cuz im PRO!

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I think my biggest fear is being stranded in the middle of the ocean. I can swim but I'm not the best, and no matter where I was I would be shitting my pants about sharks. Scariest things in the world... :|

I'm afraid of being left alone and forgotten. It's a stupid fear, but the fact that even your closest friends and relatives and other people you care about forgot that you exist...is something I don't want to happen to me.

I absolutely adore Britney Spears. >=o

Anyhow.. I am very, very afraid of dying.. And it's not even dying itself that is the worst thing, it's the fact that I don't know for sure what comes afterward, if there even is anything.. I don't want to just cease to exist. So really, the unknown is my greatest fear...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I fear a world where everyone type like the way you typed your topic name. Not to mention some of the things in the poll. U is not a frigging word and you shall be getting a small warning for that.

Zombie apocalypse? Pssh. That's nothing. A n00b apocalypse. Now THAT would be TRULY terrifying.

Hey Stel, you would pwn all the zombies with your armblades anyway. XD

I would hate being left alone in the dark. You can't see much and something out there could be dangerous, like a ledge you could accidentally walk off or some murderer.

Agreed, Stel.

Another fear...

Twilight fans. Yes, I'm serious. I've heard some pretty bad stories (and I can actually believe them), and they simply hate anyone who disagrees with them. I'm kinda worried to go to the park because of them ._.

Twilight fans. Yes, I'm serious. I've heard some pretty bad stories (and I can actually believe them), and they simply hate anyone who disagrees with them. I'm kinda worried to go to the park because of them ._.

They're going to throw books and sparkles at you? All joking aside, anyone fanatical is worrying enough, in groups they're downright intimdating.

I fear customers (you know, apart from the obvious lonliness and desertion) for the simple reason that one bitchy person could theoretically get me fired and ruin my chances of gettin re-employed. People, trust them as far as you can throw them.

I have a huge fear of buses.

The first time I went on, I missed my stop and the bus went through an abandoned psychiatric center, and I couldn't stop freaking out. Luckily, the driver got us on our own personal stop to go home :>

Except now I'm afraid t o ever go to my friends again because I'll be forced onto a bus again. My parents keep saying all the peoplein my grade go on it, but I saw noooobody. Especially during one beforew that, where I didn't get on the bus. One person, a senior. Kyaaa >

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Um...

I have a really big phobia of heights. Like, I can be on the second floor of MY OWN HOUSE which I've been living in since I was, like, 3, and be freaked out. And trust me, it's really only about 4 or 5 yards above the first floor... I also used to freak out in the dark waaay back when I was 10, but now I'm used to it. To be honest, I dun like the sun much cause it kills my eyes. XD I'm also afraid of going to hell because that would be the worst place to go to in your afterlife if you believe in it, which I do.

But my biggest fear is bugs because I got stung by a bee once and it was NOT fun so now I think all bugs are freaky. And if I even see some yellow/black thing move in the corner of my eye, I'll start screaming and freaking out and run around like I'm crazy (which I am but that's besides the point here).

The concept of being alone doesn't really bother me.
My only real fear that I can think of is losing control of myself. I take the things I do very seriously and try to live in such a way that I regret as few decisions of mine as possible. (Not to say that doesn't happen time and again.) This is the main reason why I don't drink or smoke or anything like that. I need to have control of my actions.

The main things im afraid of is death and having nothing underfoot for a certain height. Kinda like Vertigo but I can go in tall buildings just fine, I just dont like dangling above nothing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... Oh, Monsoon. One particular line in your poll choices cracks me up to no end. XD

Anyways, off your choices I said "darkness" and "other". I truly am afraid of the dark, but it's not the darkness itself that gets to me - it's what my mind starts conjuring up when I'm alone within it. Morbid visions and the like... I have an overactive imagination.

I do have a fear of dying, too, but it comes and goes. More constant fears include my horrible phobia of bees, and the fear of someone breaking into my home while I'm sleeping. They're all irrational fears, but those tend to be the worst kind XP

I fear spiders. They look creepy, they walk creepily, they just all around freak me out. I can look at a very small picture of a hairy spider, and I can look at cute cartoon spider, The spiders with the long thin legs, just creep me out. It's purely a look thing. If they looked like puppies I'd be okay with them.

I just said other, because there are a few things that terrify me.

Heights. I love the fact that we can get up that high, and I think it's great, and it can be fun. But if you put me near a ledge, I'd go crazy. I can't do ledges. Not in skyscrapers, anyway. Went up on the Empire State Building. Not easy. Kinda cool, but not easy. Of course, I want to do it again...I don't think it's the actual height that bothers me, it's what could happen, and what might happen.

Another thing is what could be in the dark. Not the dark itself, but the things that could and might and do go bump in it.

Nuclear War (though that's mostly irrational, now) a major terror strike, such as a nuclear strike.

War.

Starving/being impoverished. Easily the worst way to die, because it's so painful, so slow, and so preventable.

Actually, I think most of my fears can be summed up nicely into "what could be". "What if's" fascinate me, keep me wondering, but also terrify me.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I said other because I'm not really fazed by much. To me it's more of an adrenaline rush.

However, there was a moment last year where I did experience genuine fear and that was when I misplaced my brother's friend at Otakon. If you've ever been to a convention, you know how big the places are and how crowded they can be so finding him was no easy task. The worst part is, the fool didn't have a cell phone so there was no way we could track him.

It wasn't until after I filed the missing persons report that I got a call from one of my other friends saying they found him and told us where they were. After the group was reunited I was highly relieved. I guess my fear would be being forced to file another missing persons report.

I picked both the darkness and Other. I'm not too afraid of the dark, it's only when I'm in an unfamiliar area and I can't see a thing because of the dark... That's when my mind starts to go crazy...

And for the Other, it'd have to be most bugs, particularly bees and spiders. With bees being my biggest fear of all. Whenever I see one, or think I saw one, I kind of flinch and jump back a few... feet... But bugs like flies or crickets don't bother me, unless my eye plays a trick on me and makes me think it's a bee at first sight. I do have a few other fears, but those are my main few.

Boogie Man is closest to what I fear. I'm not afraid of being in the dark - I love night time. The problem is that my imagination runs rampant and wild, and makes me see horrible images lurking within the dark and around corners, to the point that I swear I saw someone there.

I also fear being in the ocean, because it's full of things that can/want to kill you. Why in the world do people swim there? Seriously.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Honestly, if you expected a reply like mine, why did you bother posting? Grade A stupidity there.

What you just did was a good example of homophobia which in turn is a form of flaming, and you've managed to offend a few members of the board already. Expect a PM.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I don't really have any specific phobias or fears of any sort anymore. The closest thing I have to one really is that I'm worried that I may unintentionally hurt someone I deeply care about.

I would have to say that my fear is drowning. I even hesitate going near pools. Probably never learning to swim only fuels it, but until I stop being too stubborn to learn, I will live with it. I have learned to control showing my fear when I'm around deep water, but I always tense up and become very nervous.

The title of this topic is actually one of my worst fears. Why? ...Typing like that, or reading text that was typed in such a way, has been (unscientifically) proven to give you Ebola.

Anyway, I fear two things, mainly:

-Dying early. I want to have some impact on this world. That's right, just like every five year old, I want to change the world. If I die before I even -qualify- to work in a research lab, or publish a thesis and be taken seriously, that kind of renders my existence moot. Which is -definitely- not something I want.

-And, at any time in my life, drowning. The idea of suffocation in general scares the begeebers out of me, but my lungs filling with water is especially not an image I enjoy. See, because of my weird weight spread, I actually am not able to float in water. You know how people lay on their back and can just float about a pool or whatever? Yeah. Not me. I sink, no matter what. Which means in water, I have to do a lot of muscle work in order to stay breathing if I go anywhere beyond the 5 foot mark. Not that I don't enjoy swimming, I find it fun for the simple reason that I -can- stay underwater without having to deal with that pesky rising feeling. But whenever I see movies in which people are swimming in deep water, and then start to drown, I freak out a bit more than usual.

I have questioned what I really truely feared on numerous occasions, and have failed, even though I can get jumpy from leaning over sides of high buildings (like Cody said) or when I'm doing something dangerous in the dark (like walking around broken glass when the lights go out), it mainly depends on the conditions. However, I believe my most universal fear is of relationships, not just with the opposite gender, but with people in general. I'm usually paranoid that anything I do wrong is going to stick with me for the rest of my life, so I tend to be very weary around people I don't consider as trustworthy, which honestly is about 80% of the people I know XD.

The after life scare the crap out of me, as well as heights and drowning, man i even jump at my own shadows, it is not funny, anyway I'm scared of the after life as I don't what is out there, makes me feel small.

The after life scare the crap out of me, as well as heights and drowning, man i even jump at my own shadows, it is not funny, anyway I'm scared of the after life as I don't what is out there, makes me feel small.

The reality of our position in the Universe (or even, if you know Descartes, lack thereof) is simply terrifiy. The only thing I can say is not to think about it, and if you do, do it in the abstract and return to Naive (or Common Sense) Realism as soon as possible (that is, everything is not everything might be).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Planes. Not heights, planes. I love heights - I've bungee jumped, been up a Volcano on a camel and handglided, so it really isn't height that's the problem. The big metal can, which should not fly is what scares the crap out of me. I still travel by plane, because one should never let fear get in the way of anything, such as seeing some truly wonderful sights around the world, but take-off is still uber difficult for me. I just sit quietly and don't really say much for about an hour, after which I recover a little and just start feeling super travel sick XD

I used to be scared of the dark, until I was about fourteen. I slept with the light on and everything. I had panic attacks quite often too, but for some reason, I just woke up one day and wasn't scared anymore. There probably is a reason I stopped being scared that I just can't remember, but either way I love darkness now. I sleep with my curtains open so that I can see the night sky and all the lovely stars outside ^^

I don't know which fear is my worst, so I'll post them all.

1. Spiders - I saw a huge wolf spider on my kitchen wall one day, and i almost peed myself looking at it. I thought the spider would eat me.

2. Deep ocean water - I can swim, but when I can't touch the bottom, I start to freak. This is a problem cause I'm really short and it limits to how far i can swim.

3. Public speaking - I freeze up so bad. I didn't know about this until last year.

I absolutely love the dark! Heck, I prefer darkness over light.

But my main fear is fear of heights. I hate heights. I look over a cliff, I back away quickly. Despite this, I've been to the CN Tower, the Eiffel Tower, and other high-up places. Though I wasn't comfortable while up high still. Never will be.

I am scared of being alone. In the dark and in the light aswell.I just don't like it and if in the morning I am drying my hair and nobody is around, I get scared in case something/someone creeps up on me or something.

Also, I have a phobia of spiders. I have a less of a phobia, since last year, because I realised that if they are completely still, you can just move without them touching you.

I said I have no fear because i'm a pro because I don't really have a fear of anything. Surely things scare me every so often, but I don't really have a phobia of anything.