• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Worldwide, Infected! (A Gijinka-Pokémon RP - Discussion)

Also, no idea how he was going to be one of the infected first if the thing was made in a lab and if the mushrooms got this cure when it was just about given to the first batch of people.

How did the mushrooms get the cure?

It was there, JohnsonAce made a character sheet and he probably deleted it or something. His background said something about his character getting the Pokerus from the mushrooms and he said he was one of the first to be infected. No idea how mushrooms got the cure if it was hardly even introduced then. Although, his post would've been the first post you see on this page, but now it's just mine questioning them.

Ah, gotcha, sorry about that XD I read your posts at 2am and still didn't understand ten hours later, so the curiosity was killing me. Thanks for validating my sanity lol.

Ohhh okay. Well you could edit it unless it just wasn't salvageable.

@Keybored can i have another character please? I want to use a Pokemon that hasn't been used as much like a Fearow. I know i already have two, but this one will take the place of my latent Angel, and will be another latent. Also, could our characters evolve?I

My new one's character sheet will be made in the next post.

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Alright. Let's give this another shot. Here's a remade version of what I had. I'm changing a bunch of things.

Name: Angus Shrood
Species: Parasect
Appearance: His head is a large mushroom that has the colours of red, orange and some green here and there on them. There are spots as well. His eyes are just large white dots, lifeless. His arms and legs are infected with mushrooms and spores.
Personality: He seems pretty silent, choosing not to talk much. However, this is a trait of the infection he has developed.
Backstory: Angus was born as an only child to a family who was used to producing large numbers of offspring on either side. More effort was put into Angus by his parents, as a result, but he always struggled socially due to his undiagnosed autism. He was never good at talking to people and was always the last to speak and was known for being very silent. This meant he never had a stable number of friends he was hanging around with at school. He also struggled with exams but his parents sat down at an early age to try and fix this. However, it was unsuccessful, mostly. He became infected when he was about 12 years old. Doctors in his area injected the altered pokerus when they chose him randomly as a test subject. Angus was told that he was being injected with something which could 'cure' a strange disease he had been diagnosed with. Angus was told many years later that this was actually an alteration of the pokerus. By this time, numerous people were being infected with the disease. Angus and his parents were enraged by the lying that the doctors at his local hospital had carried out. But by this time, the pokerus had taken control of Angus and he was living two lives. One as the socially awkward boy at school and the other was an even more silent and mentally insane mushroom creature. The version of the pokerus was especially different because it had been experimented on using strange mushrooms taken from caves and forrests and fused with this. It took a number of years for the infections to kick in. He developed it fully when he was 18 and as a result of him turning this age, it became uncontrollable. Angus was rushed to hospital once again when his worried parents found he was acting odd. He grew many more mushrooms on his body in a matter of hours and he became uncontrollably aggressive. Minutes after phoning for the hospital, his parents were attacked by Angus, in an uncontrollable manner. Angus murdered both of his parents in Parasect form. He was no longer his former self. He was nicknamed 'Fun Guy' by some hospital staff when they managed to contain him using drugs. However, the drugs only enhanced his pokerus abilities. When taken to hospital, he would lay in a bed like platform while doctors and hospital staff tried to take care of him. Angus or 'Fun Guy' went into a deep sleep-a coma, for several months. He awoke during the middle of the night and attacked the hospital staff. He attacked the entire hospital, wrecking it and putting everyone to sleep using his spore powers. His pokerus infection had mutated even more to the point at which he could now turn a number of people in the hospital into his minions-Paras infected which was now infected through the pokerus. These had to be either people who were asleep or completely dead people.
Extra(s): 7 years

So, uh, I've been working on this character for a long while. I realize I'm the last person to likely be joining. Hopefully my character is up to snuff :>

Name:
Gene Joli
Species: Dragalge [Latent]
Appearance: He's a short and soft featured young man, and thanks to his taste in clothes...Well, it's not hard to confuse him for a girl. He wears a basic white skirt and blue button-up blouse with black tights. His hair is a blondish brown bob cut, and his eyes are an amber color. He often wears boots and socks around the containment area.

I'll go into more detail about his new features as he mutates in the RP, but the general gist is him growing a tail, purple splotches of scales, and developing "fins".
Personality: Despite his dainty looks Gene is rather aggressive in demeanor and is not above arguing to defend his opinions to the very end. But beneath this shallow anger lays an emotional wreak who constantly attacks his own conscious and often cries himself to sleep. While these are glaring flaws, he is also very easy to make friends with- talk to him about his interests, and bam, you make a friend. Temperamental? Yeah, but a friend is...a friend, right?
Backstory: Child of a well to do family, He was once a Pokemon Trainer, and was travelling in a foreign country when he had fell ill. The illness was not terminal nor was it incredibly bad- perhaps classified as a little worse than a stomach bug. Regardless his mother foot the bill of his treatment, and decided to involve the PKR. This was before the negative results of the organism was leaked to the public- though it didn't take long after to leak the details, and Gene was swept up. The first Pokemon that Gene touched after being infected was his Dragalge.

And so his mother took his Pokemon into custody...and he never saw his Pokemon or mother since. He (amazingly) hasn't shown any outward signs of the infection, so he mistakenly believes he's immune. He's not, but he's resistant...or just lucky, I suppose.
Extra(s): It took seven years to develop the PKR micro organism, but I couldn't find a place to put this either sooo- Gene has some a strange like of...padlocks. Gene adores padlocks. It's a strange quirk he can't exactly explain. Not locks in general either- only padlocks.

Last edited:
Alright, everybody. It's been a long week for me, just finished a shift as we speak. However! I'm locking the sign-ups and after I get some sleep I will answer all remaining questions, look over the last sign-ups, and finally! (my apologies) get this RP started.

Just, be patient with me a few more hours XD

I have a question:

Since I'm switching Angel with someone else (someone with a uncommonly picked Pokemon), which type should I go for? Can't be Dark, Ghost, or Psychic. Can't be Dragon either, since I want to try something different, since I love these 4 types. I won't be choosing the Pichu line, but I will still choose Electric Type if the votes are enough. Which type should I choose? I'm going for the most forgettable Pokemon, so hopefully I find one with the type that has been chosen. XD
  • Normal
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Electric
  • Ice
  • Fighting
  • Poison
  • Ground
  • Flying
  • Bug
  • Rock
  • Steel
  • Fairy
This will be greatly appreciated :)

Alright, everybody. It's been a long week for me, just finished a shift as we speak. However! I'm locking the sign-ups and after I get some sleep I will answer all remaining questions, look over the last sign-ups, and finally! (my apologies) get this RP started.

Just, be patient with me a few more hours XD
Am I and Burbleburble above me accepted?
I have a question:

Since I'm switching Angel with someone else (someone with a uncommonly picked Pokemon), which type should I go for? Can't be Dark, Ghost, or Psychic. Can't be Dragon either, since I want to try something different, since I love these 4 types. I won't be choosing the Pichu line, but I will still choose Electric Type if the votes are enough. Which type should I choose? I'm going for the most forgettable Pokemon, so hopefully I find one with the type that has been chosen. XD
  • Normal
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Electric
  • Ice
  • Fighting
  • Poison
  • Ground
  • Flying
  • Bug
  • Rock
  • Steel
  • Fairy
The Normal type. Or Rock...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question:

• Normal
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Electric
  • Ice
  • Fighting
  • Poison
  • Ground
  • Flying
  • Bug
  • Rock
  • Steel
  • Fairy
Ice! I like Ice-types, XD

Alright, here we go~!

@JohnsonAce I like it, and I highly appreciate puns, 'fun guy', but I do have a few issues. He wrecked the hospital? This isn't so much a problem, but I'll have to include it in the story. Meaning your character will be rather, ehr, let's say 'disliked' by well everyone? You'd be a menace, basically.
The second issue is the 'turning people into minions'. While I like this idea, I'm sure you understand I will not tolerate any misuse of this ability. Meaning taking control of other people's characters. Or overusing it to a point that this entire story can be skipped because you turned every kind of opposition into mindless drones.

What I'm trying to say is, please keep it reasonable and fun for everyone, then you can consider yourself accepted.

@BurbleBurble Really, the only remark I have about this is the fact that you misspelled the PKR Virus. So, needless to say, you're accepted.

@Pretty Pichu Sure, you can switch out Angel, and if you are looking for a suggestion for the typing. Ehr, either Fairy or Ice. Those seem like typing you can kind of include in personalities. Angel's personality struck me as Fairy. But, you're free to do whatever you want. Though, I will have to review the character again, but that's not really a surprise.

And, I'm going to say 'no' to evolution, I feel like it would be too inconsistent. The whole process of mutation isn't instant, so the instant evolution Pokémon are known for wouldn't fit. And if it did, I'd imagine it would be excruciatingly painful.

Is that all questions answered? I think so.

EDIT: I did forget something!

Name: Leopold Kingsley
Species: Slaking
Appearance:
Even though Mr. Kingsley has quite the receding hairline, the grey hair he has left is long enough to reach down to the nape of his neck. His eyes are extremely dark-brown in color and, due to the dark rings under his eyes and the large grey eyebrows above it, it always look like he’s squinting and/or silently judging you. But, to be fair, he probably is. Yet, the facial feature that stands out most are the two remarkably pointed teeth sticking out of his mouth from underneath his lower lip.

Due to the virus he has a remarkable strong and muscular build for his age. Standing at 1.92 meters tall and weighing in at about 120 kg. The downside being that his forearms, shins and part of his chest is covered with different shades of brown fur. And it also appears like it hurts to use the full extent of his body’s capabilities, as if his body is still adapting to the rather rapid change in length and structure.

Mr. Kingsley wears brown pants that have become slightly tattered over the years, paired with a striped grey sweater. There’s nothing all that remarkable about his attire, anything that fits and is somewhat decent in appearance is good enough for Mr. Kingsley. No need for all that unnecessary, so-called fashion. Ever since his mutations took hold of him, the man prefers to go bare-footed, claiming that shoes irritate his feet and generally don’t fit onto him anymore.

Personality: Mr. Leopold Kingsley is a rather old-fashioned man, demanding to be called “Sir” or “Mister Kingsley” by anyone who is, or acts, younger than him. Excluding his closest friends, wife, daughter and grandchildren. Who call him “Leopold”, “Leo”, “Dad” and “Grandpa” respectively. Other than those there are no exception and anyone not upholding these unwritten rules about addressing the man will be flat-out ignored, or lectured about their disrespectful behavior.

Mr. Kingsley is a strict and very demanding person to be sure, but he does seem to have a soft spot for children, usually up until the age of ten to fourteen, or whenever puberty starts. Children can get away with a lot more than most other people can, but even then there are limits. His biggest pet peeve in children being unnecessary display of emotion, especially when shown by older children or, Arceus-forbid, anyone that really cannot be considered a child anymore and should be mature enough to express their feelings through speech instead of emotional outbursts.

Being a working man, and spending most of his life as a construction worker, he can’t stand people who are just generally lazy. Nor those who complain or give up on something because it’s “Too hard”. If you want something you have to work for it, and keep working hard until you’ve surpassed the goal you settled for. Really though, Mr. Kingsley is just never satisfied, with anything, and it shows. The first impression he gives of is a bitter, bad-tempered elder man.

Yet, if –and I really mean IF- you manage to impress him, he will start to open up and be more willing to get to know you on a personal level, rather than the absolute necessities and nothing else. Altogether Mr. Kingsley is a tough person to befriend, but it isn’t without reason that he’s like this. The man’s been through a lot and at some point you become emotionally distant to shield yourself from more harm. That’s just life, is it not?

Backstory: Mr. Kingsley developed arthrosis in his joints at the age of fifty, forcing him to quit his job as a construction worker and stay home with his wife and their Slaking, who they took in as a Slakoth because it would be an easy ‘pet’ to manage. This, well, didn’t quite work out. Yet, it’s the least of Mr. Kingsley’s concerns. The monotony of his stay-at-home life is only interrupted by visits to the hospital and his daughter, and grandchild, visiting every once in a while. He already despised this new way of living, but over time it only became worse.

The regular visits to the hospital became more and more frequent as the arthrosis continued to develop. It was at this point that the orthopedist suggested using a virus that was claimed to be a cure-all for a wide variety of diseases. Mr. Kingsley accepted, al be it somewhat reluctantly, and within days he was feeling better than ever before. Yet, before his period of recovery was finished and he would be allowed to go home, the mutative effects of the virus were discovered and Mr. Kingsley was kept under quarantine in the hospital, against his wishes of course.

After the first mentioning of mutations everything went rather fast. Mr. Kingsley was there and saw how the hospital was turned into a make-shift “prison” for the infected at roughly the same rate his body was mutating into the half-beast he is today. With his ailments gone, and his body stronger than ever, Mr. Kingsley wants only two things; seeing his family again and seeing those who did this to him punished for their actions.

Extra: I’m not entirely sure, but I believe it to be 7 years. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Alright, here we go~!

@JohnsonAce I like it, and I highly appreciate puns, 'fun guy', but I do have a few issues. He wrecked the hospital? This isn't so much a problem, but I'll have to include it in the story. Meaning your character will be rather, ehr, let's say 'disliked' by well everyone? You'd be a menace, basically.
The second issue is the 'turning people into minions'. While I like this idea, I'm sure you understand I will not tolerate any misuse of this ability. Meaning taking control of other people's characters. Or overusing it to a point that this entire story can be skipped because you turned every kind of opposition into mindless drones.
Did the inhanced pokerus virus get injected into only one hospital or was it a bunch of hospitals? My idea was that it was a fairly local hospital but it was in a completely different location/country and so Angus would have to travel a long distance to get to. Presuming this is in a version of the real world, would this be taking place in the equiviliant of the USA? I feel like I don't understand where this is taking place.

And with the ability thing, my idea was that Angus escapes the hospital, having started out and then there are just random people with mushroom spores on their heads as he makes his way out and then realises he is the one who started it a while ago. And then from there, Angus would escape to the original country that the pokerus was experimented on and then meet up with the other infected. The mushroom virus would only be used to bring people to life when he is endangered. Their bodies would be very weak and would collapse from one attack.

Did the inhanced pokerus virus get injected into only one hospital or was it a bunch of hospitals? My idea was that it was a fairly local hospital but it was in a completely different location/country and so Angus would have to travel a long distance to get to. Presuming this is in a version of the real world, would this be taking place in the equiviliant of the USA? I feel like I don't understand where this is taking place.
The idea is that all the characters end up in the same hospital under quarantine, since it would be quite hard to roleplay with everyone spread out over an entire country. The goal is escaping the facility with or without exploring the reason behind the shifty behavior of the guards.

Thusfar there's no outside world to roleplay in. It's going to be hard enough to escape the quarantine as it is. I thought I explained this in the 'About' section.

@Pretty Pichu @Nebula-Newt @Justalonelyaxew @DragonFlye @MegaAbsol @Cloudswift @BurbleBurble
Did anyone else get confused over this topic? If so, please tell me, so I can sort it out before we start this.

The idea is that all the characters end up in the same hospital under quarantine, since it would be quite hard to roleplay with everyone spread out over an entire country. The goal is escaping the facility with or without exploring the reason behind the shifty behavior of the guards.

Thusfar there's no outside world to roleplay in. It's going to be hard enough to escape the quarantine as it is. I thought I explained this in the 'About' section.

@Pretty Pichu @Nebula-Newt @Justalonelyaxew @DragonFlye @MegaAbsol @Cloudswift @BurbleBurble
Did anyone else get confused over this topic? If so, please tell me, so I can sort it out before we start this.
When I read the original post, I found it hard to understand some of the things you were saying. I'm still not sure whether or not this is set on Earth in a parallel universe or just the general pokemon world in general...

I always thought it was set in the general Pokemon world, since where else were supposed to get the Pokerus? The Pokerus doesn't exist in this world. It might by a different name, but I always thought it was a world filled with Pokemon that we're in. Along with our characters' current conditions, I thought they would all be in the same hospital or get taken to the same hospital to be quarantined. It would be a little rough having everyone around the states, and I don't know which region we are in, but I'm guessing it's a made-up region.

Plus, 8 months pass between the first infected (the Sauer guy) and all of our characters, so there would be enough time to round up all of our characters and quarantine them in the same hospital.

Other than this, I don't have any questions about the story. I got it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Keybored, I would have Angel be a Fairy-Type, but she was proven to be more Dark-Typish due to the experiences she had with her Dark-Type Pokemon, although she still has Fairy-Types in her party. Regardless, I've been using her too much in other roleplays and I want a fresh character for this one, and with a Pokemon less used (like a Zoroark). I'll be going with the Rock/Ice-Type Aurorus. I will start creating the character when I get back from my 8 hour shift.

@Pretty Pichu You've got it! That's exactly the situation, even the part about the made-up region for which I frankly don't even have a name yet (Don't worry about it XD)

Oh, Aurorus, that's interesting! I am looking forward to what you'll make of that. Very intriguing.

@JohnsonAce So, to summarize, it's a made-up Pokémon Region, all our characters are locked up in quarantine in the same hospital and the goal is to break out. There are no Pokémon nor 'clean' humans in the hospital. Only the Infected, Latent and the Quarantine Watch. Does that clear up the story?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

@Pretty Pichu
@JohnsonAce So, to summarize, it's a made-up Pokémon Region, all our characters are locked up in quarantine in the same hospital and the goal is to break out. There are no Pokémon nor 'clean' humans in the hospital. Only the Infected, Latent and the Quarantine Watch. Does that clear up the story?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Okay, so my character's backstory will be changed so that it is the same one everyone else is at. Let's say it's quite a big hospital, so he didn't see the others. Let's say he is in a sector that is sectioned off from everyone else and so there are boundaries. He would have accidently killed some of the scientists working in that sector where he was being held. But it was only a small portion of the staff in the hospital as a whole.

@JohnsonAce Alright, so, your character would be sectioned of and treated like the murderer he is. So, how do you propose to have him join the rest of the group? And more importantly, what would he gain from doing so, apart from access to more victims?

@JohnsonAce Alright, so, your character would be sectioned of and treated like the murderer he is. So, how do you propose to have him join the rest of the group? And more importantly, what would he gain from doing so, apart from access to more victims?
The Parasect infection would have developed on Angus's body so much that it would have taken him over so that he as a human could not think for himself. The Parasect infection would only be able to survive if it took over more humans. But Angus himself would be fighting the infection internally, in his mind. Although the Parasect infection took over mainly, Angus still tried to put up a resistance and would be trying to find people to help him fight it, whilst tricking the infection, which would mainly be at his brain, to infect people with his current version of the pokerus. Of course, the Parasect infection believes that it's form of the infected pokerus is the best and that all other pokerus infections should become a Parasect infection. This is in addition to wanting to infect all living and non living humans on the planet, with it's hungry personality. The infection comes at a price: Angus goes into a deep sleep, a coma, every time he attacks or infects a great number of people. He attacked a number of people trying to treat him prior to when the infection was large and that put him in a coma. I plan to have him wake up in his bed/treatment platform he was put on in the room. Presumably he would have been sectioned off, as it was considered too infectious.

I hope that clears up some issues you were having with him. I don't mind if you want me to tone him down a lot and put him to put him inthe same room as everybody.

Finished my character. His name is Jasper Sigmund. He's in the spot where Angel was. Also added an Ethnicity thing to both of my character sheets, and added a bit more to Shade's Appearance after her infection.

I hope that clears up some issues you were having with him. I don't mind if you want me to tone him down a lot and put him to put him inthe same room as everybody.
Excuse me for being blunt, but it really doesn't clear it up. Since you didn't answer one of my questions; how?
Look, I get the character. It's unique and I like originality. (don't we all.) But, if your character is too violent/infectious or any attribute dangerous enough to require being sectioned off, you are in no way getting close to the 'main group' without hostile reactions from the Quarantine Watch.

And I'm not saying every character has to be 'good' in order for this to work, but- alright, I'll give an example. In the form of @Pretty Pichu 's character, Shadara, she's not a goody-two-shoes and has a history of violence. But, the backstory makes it clear why she has the possibility to be along the 'main group'. Am I making myself understandable?

Angus is a threat to the other infected, he will not be allowed to roam freely enough to be able to properly function in this RP. At least not with the backstory you've provided.

EDIT: @Pretty Pichu Jasper is good to go, though I do have a question. You say he grew up in a family of three. Having two sisters and a brother, yet with him included, wouldn't that make a family of four? I don't actually know, so I'd love to have an explanation.

And, now that I've come to think of it. How are your characters of 'German' or 'Irish' or any ethnicity really, when this is set in a Pokémon region?

Last edited:

Excuse me for being blunt, but it really doesn't clear it up. Since you didn't answer one of my questions; how?
Look, I get the character. It's unique and I like originality. (don't we all.) But, if your character is too violent/infectious or any attribute dangerous enough to require being sectioned off, you are in no way getting close to the 'main group' without hostile reactions from the Quarantine Watch.
I believe I did clear it up. If you read what I put before carefully, I basically said that my character wouldn't be able to infect people in high amounts. Infecting others with the Parasect DNA would also make the infection on the the character in question weaker, as it would be spreading part of it's own pokerus instead of actually creating new cells.

Okay, listen, your character is a source of infection. It's a potential danger to everyone, Infected, Latent and the Watch alike. There is no sensible reason for the Watch, who are tasked with controlling and containing the spread of the virus, to let Angus even near anyone else.

Just, okay, for a second put yourself in the shoes of a guard who is tasked to make sure everybody is kept safe as well as controlling a dangerous virus. Got that? Now, would you with that task in mind, let a literal source of infection of any kind walk free among the people you're trying to protect. Adding to that, he has a history of violence.

Ahhh I meant a family of four XD excuse me, I forgot to include him. But on that second part, I was wondering if anybody was going to notice. It goes along with a theory I had that the Pokemon world had similar places just like Earth's and that Regions are just another region of control or ownership, like counties and cities and countries. Kalos is France, Sinnoh is the northern island of Japan, with Kanto below it, then Johto, and then Hoenn. And then Unova is New York and Alola is Hawaii. If you put Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto, and Hoenn together and try to form it into the shape of Japan, there are quite the similarities.

So I always thought there were cities within counties, within regions like Alola, within countries. Of course, I can always change it, since I've never been asked about this before. XD The ethnicity really shows no purpose but to include what kind of culture or accent they may have. I know places like Norway or Germany probably don't exist in the Pokemon world unless it goes by another name in the Pokemon 'verse, but there are people who speak French in Unova and Kalos, so I always thought that countries still existed, but there are just regions within them or they are the entire state or country, in the form of Unova, Kalos, and Alola, and there could also be districts or other regions in the same country, like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, just as long as they have a different enough culture to be separated.

This kind of goes along with another theory that the Pokemon world looked just like Earth with the continents and stuff until the bottom part of Japan (Hoenn), pulled away due to a large earthquake. There were even more schisms around the place that caused the Pokemon world to look like what it is now. Of course, I can always take out the ethnicity part, but I would like to give them both an accent in the form of something similar to German or Scottish or what have you. If that's alright. Not sure what to call those accents if the places hardly or don't even exist though :/

@Pretty Pichu that was far, faaaaar, more information than I expected to get as a response. And I knew the reason for the ethnicity, and you can give them any accent you want since I can't explain how it works either (lol) but it does make for a fun discussion. SO, just call the accents the proper name. We don't need any unnecessary confusion over something so trivial.

HOWEVER, you better put on the best accents ever or I will deem it false advertisement. (no, I won't, I'm just joking. Please calm down.)

XD LOL okay XD So Shade will slip into the accents from her ethnicity every now and then, with her having an American or Unovan accent mainly. Jasper will just have a German accent. Do you want me to be very phonetic with what they say, or keep it all readable for everyone? XD

If you don't mind me asking, how are the conditions in the facility? I imagine it's more or less like a dressed up prison, with different "cells" and a few open areas for the infected to mingle. Or is it more like a boot camp, with barracks? I just want to make sure I have a grasp on this.

Also, what's the policy on receiving things? Like, would someone there be able to receive a package? Or no because of the circumstances (being kept in a classified location)? I was contemplating Gene having a journal or something like that being sent in by his father, but if not I understand.