• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join World's Requiem

This Rp will be created using the settings from the novel Dominion's End. (with a few tweaks here and there.)
Because of how the basic settings have been set, the RP has the potential to become a bit too in-cohesive, which I'm trying avoid. So as of now the RP will not be starting but, I will be seeking suggestions from other people to refine the RP itself. You can post a Character sheet if you so wish and if accepted I will keep you in mind for when the RP truly starts. Now, without further ado the basic settings of the RP.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"The red meteor shower rained across the sky, a black fog engulfed the world.
After waking from a night of torture and agony, Humans discovered they no longer dominated the world —The hunters have become the hunted."

With the advent of the mysterious 'Black Fog' humans, or more aptly put the surviving humans, have been thrust into a world of perpetual danger. All living things on the planet have started evolving, plants and even animals have started growing stronger, more aggressive, and deadly. However these aren't the worst of humanities troubles, humans killed after the black fog have morphed into zombie like creatures labelled Aberrant, who quite naturally are prone to preying on their former race. However the heavens always leave a ray of hope. The fortunate few who survived the night of the Black Fog, have each gained their own respective abilities; Ice manipulation, Healing, Lighting manipulation, Enhanced Vision, Magnetism. Each and every human who has survived the Black Fog has gained an ability, a life line, the only thing that can keep them in this constant struggle for survival.

Character Template
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Name:

Height:

Race(type): E.g. Animal (Falcon)

Power: (Human only)

Physical Appearance:

Clothing: (If any)

Identifying Marks: (If any)

Personality:

Occupation: (Before the Black Fog; e.g. student, teacher, mafia member etc.)

Back story: Optional

Family: (If any)

Love Relationships: (If any)

Stats (0 - 25) Humans can have an initial upper limit of 5, plants 10, animals 15 and Abberants 25

• Strength
  • Agility
  • Reaction Speed
  • Flexibility
  • Intuition/6th sense (only for animals)
  • Vitality (this stat is a bit special and has different upper limits Humans- 5, Animals/Aberrant-10 Plants - 25)
  • Regenerative power (Plants only)

As far as stats are concerned we will follow a system of tiers, Eg. Tier 1, Tier 2 , etc.
Each tier will be divided into 3 parts: Lower, Middle, and Upper. The Tiers are very clear cut and so jumping tiers to defeat opponents will most likely end in failure. The only plausible exception to this rule would be in the case of am Upper Tier 1 facing a Lower Tier 2, and even then jumping tiers will require strategy.

When creating a character one can choose 1 of 4 Races;
  1. Humans - the few survivors of the human race.
    • Perks -You will gain one power to use for your survival, and slight enhancements to bodily strength as you grow stronger.
    • Cons - Your power will be extremely weak in the initial phase, and humans will never be a match for other races in terms of physical abilities.
  2. Aberrants - Humans killed by the onslaught of the Black Fog, though initially mindless and driven by instinct aberrants will gain sentience as they evolve.
    • Perks - Though not blessed with powers Aberrants are granted the peak of physical capabilities, which will progress as they evolve. Aberrants will not be killed unless their heart(s) or head is destroyed. Some aberrant even evolve with multiple hearts which can make them quite resilient.
    • Cons - They start out purely driven by instinct, and lack the supernatural powers of the humans.
  3. Animals - One of the worlds many creatures who miraculously survived the Black fog.
    • Perks - Enhanced physical Abilities, though not to the extent of Aberrants, it is vastly superior to the humans and plants. Animals will retain their heightened senses which will also be heightened even further as they grow stronger. Animals will also obtain a heightened sense of combat from being ones who initially had to fight to survive.
    • Cons - You lack the powers of humans and aren't a match for Aberrants in physical capabilities.
  4. Plants - A greenie who has managed to evolve sentience through interaction with the Black fog.
    • Perks - Absurdly high vitality, plants can survive almost anything and can regenerate as long as enough of their body is left behind, granted it will take time. Plants have their own methods of survival with their myriad of poisons and hallucinogens.
    • Cons - Another race lacking the powers granted to humans, they have the slowest rate of evolution.

The world has pitted the races against each other, though this is not set in stone so some may choose to work together.

Each race is granted a way to boost their evolution speed;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Humans may kill Aberrants for the evolution crystals located in their chests. The stronger the Aberrant the larger the crystal. Eating the evolution crystal of Aberrants with strength far less then your own will not grant the boost to evolution.

Aberrants may kill and devour humans or animals to grow stronger, the strength of the creature is proportional to the amount of strength you gain. After a sufficient meal an Aberrants will go into hibernation to digest and assimilate their prey.

Animals may kill humans or Aberrants to gain an increase in strength, like before strength gained is proportional to the strength of what you have hunted.

Plants may devour any other race for use as fertilizer, or nutrients to increase their strength, and I don't think I have to say it at this point but it's still proportional; Input = Output.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may be subject to change as too many races might be detrimental to the RP. Though I'm trying to keep the customization while not having this become too scattered.

Now, considering the the setting is Apocalyptic I can understand violence appearing but Please don't go into detail about anything too explicit. Otherwise just follow all Pokecharm RP rules.

As I've mentioned before I first want to refine the setting to make things a bit easier to start up, so any and all input or opinions will be appreciated.