• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open World of Monster Hunter

Here are some rules to follow
1. Follow the general Pokecharms rules.
2. Monsters are NPC's and can not be RP'ed as.
3. You can only have one weapon from the list of weapons, here's a list for reference: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Types (Weapon Types)
4. Please be respectful of other players.
5. It would be recommended that you have at least a basic knowledge of the game and its monsters in order to take part in the RP, but hey we will learn as we go.
6. Keep swearing to a minimum.
7. Your bio should look like this.
Name:
Town of birth(In the games):
Appearance
Personality:
Hunter Art (optional if you know what they are):

Here's mine

Name: Ace Trainer
Weapon: Light Bowgun
Town of birth(In the games): Kokoto
Appearance: He is always seen wearing Glavenus armor and has a blue necklace tied around his neck inside the armor.
Personality: Due to his many years as a ace hunter, he has seen many things and that has turned him into a cold trainer, he knows that he should not be so hard on his pupils but he know that if they ever want to be strong hunters, they need to work hard.
Hunting Style and Hunter Art (optional if you know what they are): Adept.

Oh and don't be to violent when you fight monsters, we don't want too much gore.

Last edited:
In a field of bright gold grass glistening in the sun, a herd of Kelbi graze peacefully with no sign of danger. Meanwhile a large heavily armored man lays crouched in the bushes, the hot sun beaming on his red and black armour, next to him on his right is his student. "alright here's what you have to do, you sneak out there and knock out a few of those Kelbi then carve their horns and come back to me got it? the man asked. This was his first student of the day and he had high hopes for them.

Last edited:
Name: Shadow
Weapon: Charge Blade
Town of birth: Tanzia
Appearance: Black haired, Dark Blue eyed, always wearing a set of Great Girros set.
Personality: bubbly, brave, overconfident, always up for a challege
"Come on!" Shadow yelled as the tigrex started rushing towards an opening in the cave to the fields. "Your not getting away!" Shadow jumped off a rock and landed on the back of the monster but started rushing towards a group of Kelbi, He saw a shine of amour 'A fellow Hunter' "Get out of the way!" Shadow yelled hoping the Hunter heard him.

The Ace's head jerked upwards hearing the shout of the man and the thundering of the Tigrex, instinctively he leaped out of the way of the charging beast, rolling for some extra distance. Turing back, he saw the Tigrex thrashing about, intending to throw off his attacker. The ace began to run towards the struggle, intending to help his fellow hunter, after all one of the guilds rules is"Always help a hunter out of a problem". The Ace began to load up his low level normal shot into his Bowgun with the intent to help the hunter.

Strugling hard to keep a grip his hands started sliping, Shadow let go andquikly grabed back onto the tigrex's tail, it was thrashing wildly.
"Bring It!" Shadow yelled as he started stabing the tigrexs tail, soon he got out his charge blade a slashed it on the tail. sparks were flying from the charge blade, eventully he tail came off and the tigrex scrambled away." Not yet you don't!" Shadow threw a paintball marking where it was going, after carving the tail he looked at the Hunter who was standing there with a light bow gun. "Are you coming or what?" Shadow asked.

The Ace nodded and used his hunter art to load up all his ammo, not before getting a few quick carves on the tail while he was at it and then it was off to get the Tigrex. While he was running with the other hunter, he was thinking "the guild didn't report any sightings of a Tigrex when he had signed up for this quest and the habitat wasn't unstable, so why had the Tigrex been here?" it truly was a mystery that needed to be solved. When they found the Tigrex it was sleeping, so the Ace turned to the hunter and whispered "so what's your plan?. Sure the Ace was a very experienced hunter but he knew that this was his beast and he knew what he wanted to do with it, so he waited for a response.

"Mabye we should set a bunch of traps around the monster so that when it wakes up, it can't go anywhere, so then we can keep hitting blow after blow" Shadow whispered back obviously excited since even thou he had beaten one before this time there was more mystery behind it on why it had came here, Shadow quickly started setting up the traps begging the other hunter to come help him.

The Ace searched around his pouch, eventually finding a shock trap and a pitfall trap he got to work placing the two traps in a circle around the sleeping beast, the other hunter most likely doing the same. When he was finished on his side, he backed up allowing the other hunter to finish his job. While the other hunter was working, the Ace was thinking back on why the Tigrex had shown up" When it was charging by it kind of looked scared, I think Ill ask the hunter about it once he beat this Tigrex. He then whispered just loud enough that the Tigrex couldn't hear, "Hey, are you ready".

"I sure a-" Shadow was cut short as he was thrown against the wall as the tigrex awoke. "Ouch, that hurt" Shadow said as he rotated his arm and placed it on his sword, Shadow walked forward enoght for the tigrex to get mad and try to trample Shadow but as it did it stoped in it's tracks and fell down into the pit he had set, Shadow drew his sword and started slashing at the monsters hide, cutting through to damage the monster's amour fick hide. "He's not going to stay here for long so we better take him down before he gets out!" Shadow yelled back at the hunter as his sword started to glow yellow.

Last edited:
The Ace nodded quickly as he pulled out his Bowgun and began firing his bullets into the trapped beast, with each shot he moves closer to his target, reloading as fast as he can, not wanting to fail his new comrade. The Ace then realized that this would be the perfect opportunity for a dragon shot, so he shouted "Keep it distracted I'm going to try a dragon shot on it! So he slid behind the flailing, biting, screeching creature and began to load his dragon ammo. The Ace begins to focus all his energy in what he hopes will be the ultimate blast to finish this beast.

"Look Here!" Shouted Shadow, He charged his sword and as the creature was wailing Shadow slashed it's upper belly and changed his sword and shield into an axe, he swung it around like crazysparks flying everywhere hitting the tigrex again and again explosions were being staged on the tigrex and they looked like fireworks, for the finish Shadow slashed the axe down the beast's belly, it had gotten out but was weakened. "NOW!" Shadow yelled back at the other Hunter.

Hearing the hunter shout NOW was just the go ahead he needed and just in time no less, the dragon shot was ready, so the Ace released the trigger and all at once the pinkish purple was replaced with a super powerful bullet that rang across the area and slammed into the Tigrex, sending it sliding right into a rock wall, rocks falling and banging of the beast body. After the dust settled he walked over to the motionless creature that lay sprawled out against the ground near the wall, once a few seconds of waiting for movement passed the Ace motioned the other hunter over to carve off of it." I must say you're a pretty good hunter, what's your name" he asked, wanting to know this new hunter who he had never actually seen before. While he waited for a reply, the Ace decided to chug a mega potion to heal up.

"My name is Shadow, I came here from Tanzia, we didn't have any food and a lagiacrus was blocking our trades, so I had to go the other way from the lagiacrus to find new land and hunt some aptonoth collect food and bring it back to my village, I found a strange world called the New World and that is how I got my amour, the tigrex came out of nowhere as I was sneaking up to some aptonoth and caught me of guard, so I started to fight back, anyway what your name? and who was that young person near you hiding in the bushes?" Shadow asked

"Hmmm" the Ace said taking in the young mans story"You can call me the Ace" "and that person who was with me was my student for the day. You see I teach young and aspiring hunters how to make their way in this deadly world" He said with a proud tone in his voice " I have been training hunters for years now and not one has failed yet". "Would you perhaps like to come back to town for a talk" he offered "perhaps I could take care of that Lagiacrus for you". The Ace closed his eyes for a few seconds taking in the fresh air of the land around him.

"I might stay back at your town for a while and upgrade my gear" Shadow answered drink one of his own made poitions. "I've been trying to get rid of that Lagiacrus for years now and if I get rid of it, if i got rid of it, I could do whatever I wanted, explore new islands, stay at a diffrent village or island, s let's gear up before we go" Shadow said excitedly. "Take me to your village could you?".

"Sure I would be more than happy to take you to Kokoto, hold on" the Ace said "do you have a Farcaster? 'he asked , "that can take you right back to camp and we can go from there ok?"

'I do have a farcaster! So lets go to camp!" Shadow shouted, excitedly he used the farcaster and found himself back at camp, he looked back to see when Ace was coming, while he was waiting Shadow ate the chef's special from the cafe at the camp. 'What's taking him so long?' Shadow thought

The Ace, having realized that Shadow had disappeared used his own far caster and appeared at the camp, instantly he was greeted by the sight of shadow chomping away at the chefs special meal, he quietly chuckled to himself. After he ate his own meal the Ace preformed a loud whistle, a few moments later a wagon driven by two large Gargwa,"Hop in" he said, waving his arms to signal him to get on the back of the wagon. While he waited for shadow to get on, he was writing in his journal about the encounter he had with the Tigrex and meeting shadow, then he began to think again "what had spooked that Tigrex so bad that it went on a rampage?" he thought to himself, going over the reasons in his head over and over again, he went over them so much that he got a headache. Looking over again he called out to shadow "Hey you coming?", he was kind of getting impatient with him, what was taking him so long?. One last time he looked over and finally Shadow walking over to the wagon, finally they could get going.

When Shadow arrived at the wagon he looked over Ace's shoulders. "So you also do journaling?" Shadow asked Ace. "So you can hunt well, you can teach well and now you can write amazing books in fiction, no wonder your parents called you Ace" Shadow said chukling, The wagon bumbed ahead slowly as Shadow and Ace went on there journy to Kokoto.

"Well I just felt I writing down my day to day encounters and the best way to do that is to have a journal" the Ace said chuckling as the wagon bumped slowly closer to Kokoto. While they were waiting to arrive, the Ace turned to Shadow and asked "So what is the new world like?" he had always heard about it from people who had returned from there, but he had never had the time to take the journey over the vast sea to get there so he hoped that Shadow would give some answers. Meanwhile the wagon was nearing the small village of Kokoto, the smell of fresh market produce could be smelled even from the wagon, the Ace smiled "ahh I'm home". But just before the wagon reach Kokoto, a Green bolt blasted from the sky, destroying the wagon and scaring the Gargwa away.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Name: Wraith
Weapon:long sword (blistering govandan)
Town of birth(In the games): jumbo Village
Appearance: breathe has short light green hair with a bandana around her head and wears nargacuga armor sets
Personality: brave, stubborn and quiet
Hunter Art (optional if you know what they are): full moon slash

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Wraith had heard the loud crash nearby and went to check it out as she just came back from a hunt and saw a couple of hunters and a scorched wagon " hey are you guys okay I heard a loud crash and i came quickly as I could, so what happened here." Wraith said as she looks up at the sky and sees a large black figure.

"Yeah, I'm fine" Shadow replied, he followed the hunters eyes and saw a giant black shadow high in the sky. "Hey you!" Shadow shouted back at the hunter. "Help me find the over hunter Ace!" Shadow said as he started rumeging through the broken wagon hoping to find his new friend there, still alive

Darkness was all that filled the Ace's eyes, the sounds of panicked rummaging soon followed. A little while later a small glimpse of light began to stand out in the charred black wood so the Ace began moving the blackened wood away from him, after another while he began to hear two voices saying things like "I think I see him" and "He's alive!" Soon when he felt enough weight off of him that he began to move himself out of the burned wood, when he finally got out he took a long and deep breath, taking in the fresh air before suddenly realizing what every one was was looking at in the distance. A large wyvern shaped figure flying in circles around them, its appearance perfectly clear, the Ace shouted "ASTALOS!"

"WHAT!!!" Shadow yelled. The Astalos, shot another green bolt knocking Shadow back from the impact, his back smashed into the runed wagon, as Shadow sat there he remembered something. "Hey! You two, hold it off long enoght for me to find something I got from the New World!" Shadow asked as he started, once again looking through the cart.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Okay, sure thing I guess I can hold it off for a while but I can't make any promises." Wraith said as she grabs a flash bomb from the back of her pocket and tossed it towards the astalos. "Everyone you best cover your eyes unless you want to get Blinded by the Light." Wraith said as the flash bomb exploded in front of the astalos causing it to be disoriented and falling on the ground. Now that the Astalos is vulnerable she starts charging at it as she pulls out her long sword, she yells to one of the hunters and says. "Hey! Are you just going to stand there or am i going to do all this work myself, pick up the pace and go for its legs and I'll aim for its wings and give that guy enough time so, we can get out of this alive okay, now hurry up."

The Ace scrambled to pick up his Bowgun and immediately set to work shooting at the downed wyvern, but he didn't think that shooting at it with only level one shots would do that well but he had to help some how. Turning back to Shadow he shouted"Did you find it yet", the Astalos seemed to be getting up and they could not keep it down much longer. The Astalos's tail rose up and snatched the Ace, raising him into the air and thrashing him around like a ragdoll. Then it shot itself high into the air with the ace still trapped within its tail pincers, the Ace wriggling futilely in a pitiful attempt to escape from its grasp.

"Got it!" Shadow said as he fitted a miny crossbow onto his arm and fired a grapple hook into the Astalos's wing. "Hold on!" Shadow shouted back at Ace, he pulled the graple down to the ground, slowly lowering the Astalos to the ground. Shadow brang out his charge blade as sword and shield and charged at the Astalos while he still could and started slashing at it's face. "Ace, quickly, get up!!"

Name: Prez
Weapon: Insect Glaive, Kinsect
Town of Birth: Port Tanzia
Appearance: White Hair with pink eyes, wears the Akura Set
Personality: Regal, confident and likes a challenge.

Prez finally had the Astalos in his sights again, noticing that a few other hunters were already scrapping with his target. He drew his glaive and used it to pole vault onto the now nearly grounded wyvern. “Hey thanks for the assist strangers! I owe you guys one!” He quickly spun his glaive in a circle to slash at both its wings, helping Shadow bring it down to the earth completely before targeting it’s head.

"Thanks, whoever you are?" Shadow questioned as he helped the new hunter to bring the wyvern down, shadow started slashing vigurously with his sword and connected it with his shield to charge his Elemental Discharge, while he was charging the Astalos took it's chance and swung it's tail around, shadow saw it coming and shielded himself stoping the faithful blow put slamed his back into the ground.

After realizing Shadow was vulnerable on the ground Prez decided to draw the electric wyverns attention to him while everyone recovered. He used his kinsect to slash and flutter around its face to distract it while he continued to attack its wings. Electricity began to surge through its body and began to shock prez and eventually send him flying through the air and crashing to the earth again. “Ugh… anyone else have a plan?”

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
" we're going to try and immobilize it by aiming at its legs and wings. Me and the guy with the charge blade will aim for the legs while you two aim at the wings, and once it's down, we'll finish it off, does that sound like a plan everyone?" wraith said as she activates her Hunter art: full moon slash and charges the monster from behind and hits its leg with a roundhouse slash which causes the monster to jump back in Focus his attention on Wraith.

While the wyvern is focused on Wraith Prez begins to collect extracts with his kinsect from key points on the monster. Once he’s collected enough, he pole vaults into the air and dashes towards its left wing whilst spinning his glaive around him to try and connect as many hits as he can. Before landing he uses the glaive to thrust himself back up for another attack while trying to stay out of everyone else’s way.

The Ace scrambled to his feet and began running as fast as he could to grab his dropped Bowgun and to get out of the way of the wyvern. When he got to his gun he spun around and began belting the monster with sticky shots that stuck to his head, wing and legs, soon after, the three bullets blew up flinching the creature and giving the team some time to attack. The Ace noticed that the party seemed a little weak so the Ace reached into his pouch and pulled out some Life powder, he then ran into the centre of the group and tossed the dust into the air healing him and his teammates. He then went back to attacking the beasts tail with the hopes to destroy it.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
As the astalos had flinch wraith took the opportunity to slash at one of its eyes and successfully blinds the monsters left eye but still has one good eye left and so he uses that good eye to look at wraith and charge his Electric attack. " I think I made a mistake hehehe....oh shi-." Wraith said as she sees astalos charging her attack. Astalos had fired his attack and so wraith dashes back but still got hit and send flying across the forest. "Ouch I think I just broke my everything."

After Shadow finished his poition thestrenght that he had ost came back to him again, he ran forward drawing his axe and targeting the astalos's leg, he dodged the vicous attacks from it and Shadow unleshed his Elemental Discharge he had Charged earlier, spark flew everywhere as Shadow landed his hits one after one. "IS THIS THING EVER GONNA DIE!!!!!!" Shadow yeled angrily

“Just keep attacking it! It’s working!” Prez exclaimed as he sent his kinsect to pester the beast and distract it to give every one more time. The kinsect began leaving its blast powder floating around it. “Now everyone give it a headache!” Prez jumped off and high above the monster, began to spin and came down at its head striking multiple times as well as igniting some of the powder to blow up in its face.

"You got it!" Shadow replied as he quikly changed his axe back to his sword slashing at the astalos's belly and ingnited the blast powder that Prez set, and the explosion that Prez set of had made the monster flinch so Shadow took the chance and place a big barrel bomb between him and the monster."Quick! Run! It's gonna BLOW!!"

“Uh oh!” Prez quickly delivered one more slash as he cartwheeled and propelled himself off of the monster as far away from it as he can. In his desperation he landed on his face and quickly rolled over on his back to see where it was at.

"BAM!!" The Large Barrel bomb had exploded and the impact had knocked the astolos onto the ground, Shadow looked up from his shield and moved towards the astolos and looked back to where Prez was lying."Where you from?" Shadow asked as he ran towards the astolos and started charging up his blade again...

Last edited: