• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open wondering if anyone would be interested in a casual travel/adventure RP

Where should we be adventuring?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Hoenn

• Sinnoh

• Unova

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Kalos

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

• Ambivalent

• Total voters
He's meant to fight others without hesitation and he possesses a lot of special attack strength, but not as much in his defenses since it has quite a few holes that one can exploit to make the fight slightly easier.

His ability allows him to have an easier time with especially multi hit attacks since the ability gives him damage absorption whenever he dishes out damage. (Though this does only go so far with a fixed capacity and the fact that it decays rather quickly if he's not constantly attacking, which brings up the next point of putting constant pressure on him.)

Damage absorption would work like this:
  • Example A: Move X deals 30 damage on the Pokémon and they have 5 DA (Damage Absorption), the Pokémon would take 25 damage instead of the full 30.
  • Example B: Move X would deal 30 damage total but deals 6 damage per hit; the Pokémon has 5 DA, so the Pokémon would take only 1 damage per hit or 5 damage total instead of the full 30.

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
yeah so perhaps an agreement on Starter location since the original idea would be hard with how many people so maybe starting with Professor Sycamore going backwards to face the first gym then going forward?

Well, I was thinking about playing more of a wanderer with pokemon than a trainer, but if someone else is planning on being one then that seems like a reasonable place to start.

Well, mine just took to wandering for wanderings sake. An odd job here, and odd job there, just on the road for another day. Eventually he'll swing back by home but for now… there's just to much to see.

Trainer Information:
Name: Eric
Native Region:
he was born and raised in Kanto
Appearance :Neither exactly handsome or ugly, the best word to describe Eric is average. He has brown hair, hazel eyes, and tanned skin from the amount of travel he's done over the past years. He tends to wear jeans and long sleeve shirts, though he switches between buttoned and non, and wears silver rimmed glasses. Swaps between Sandles and boots. He carries a heavy brown long coat, a backpack, and a messenger bag.
Personality: Eric is a cheerful enough person, tending towards mischievous with people he gets to know, with a temper that sometimes gets the better of him. He loves his team unconditionally, though he especially pampers Luna. He tends to get a bit distracted and tends to let his attention wander, often focusing on random things and things he'd like to sketch.
Other: Is a fairly decent sketch artist and survivalist. Cooks a mean omelette.
Will post team in a bit.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Trainer Information:
Name:
James
Native Region: Johto
Appearance: James is tall for his age but besides that average. He has jet black hair, coffee brown eyes, and palish skin. In daylight, he usually wears a white dress shirt,which he got accustomed to wearing from his schooldays, and navy blue jeans. He wears black Nikes in both daylight and nighttime. At night, he wears a black hoodie and black jeans, in contrast to his usual wear. He wears an undershirt nearly all the time.
Personality: Has a rather friendly personality and is cheerful. James is calm, most of the time, and gets serious in battle. He doesn't get angry at many things, but when he is angry he is quite intimidating. He cares for nearly all Pokémon and when defeats one in battle, he usually offers items to help the defeated Pokémon. James is very intelligent in strategy, battling, and knows a lot about Pokémon.
Other: Cookies

So, I think I made it pretty clear that I don't have any restrictions on pokemon, just nothing especially overpowered.
Do you guys think we should stick with the four moves only from the game, or the can learn as many as you want over time from the anime?

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
stick with game logic more than 4 moves is silly and I am trying to choose which of my OC's would work better which means choosing between a bitchy OC and a nice OC

Luna: shiny Umbreon, female. Neither a morning person or a Noctowl, Luna is a rather contented individual who spends most of her time sleeping, preferably in sunlight when possible.
Eclipse: Espeon, male. A quiet collected individual, the fact that he's blind doesn't effect him much as he uses his psy to get the general layout of the area he's in from those around him, though his depth perception isn't the best. Loves his daughter unconditionally and would do anything for her.
Hope: sylveon, female, the daughter of Luna and Eclipse. A curious and high spirited individual, she loves everyone and everything. Except ditto. She finds them creepy.
Flare: flareon, female. A haughty individual. She doesn't think, she knows she's better than you. Very proud of her fluffy coat.
Twitch: jolteon, male. High strung and curious, he has a habit of find himself in the wrong place as often as not when left to his own devices. He has a scar across his muzzle and nose, and an intense fear of Beedrill because of this.
Blue: Vaporeon, female. A quiet and affectionate individual, and the peacemaker of the group. Loves water (weird I know) but also loves curling up near bonfires. Enjoys classical music.
Working on exactly what level they are and choosing abilities is a pain. Will update when finished. All of them have been traveling with Eric for the past 12 years, so they're probably going to be on the high end.

Edit: well, all of them except hope. As she came along mid journey.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
it's sort of weird though. a traveling rp with starting out with high level pokemon. that's more meant for tournament rps.

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
well we all can't be beginners since the ones I want to use Minty and Angel while never having a journey still have level 50 and above Pokemon

Well, I am using my higher leveled Pokémon since he is most likely going to be traveling around with the other trainers since he does not exactly have a trainer after what happened a few weeks prior.

As for my rival... I'm still attempting to balance him out since I don't want him to be like a tank that instantly crushes anyone that crosses its way...

*the same seal Pokémon can be seen discreetly eating from his box of peanut buttery wafers*

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
perhaps he can just be mentioned instead of used Charles? if you need to work on him then it's best you do before you get a warning for a Gary Stu

Well, I am either going to rework the seal Pokémon's strengths/weaknesses or I actually might use another Pokémon for my rival character. (Which is a lizard that is capable of becoming almost invisible and being quick on its toes, but its invisibility is useless if a source of bright light is on him or if he takes damage and/or having a status condition.)