• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open wondering if anyone would be interested in a casual travel/adventure RP

Where should we be adventuring?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Hoenn

• Sinnoh

• Unova

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Kalos

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

• Ambivalent

• Total voters
Hey to anyone who decide to give this a second glance,

I'm a bit of a newbie on this site, but I'm a semi-competent role player, not great, but decent. Was off for a while and now I'm looking to try again.

I'm looking for some good people who are decent role players to do a little casual RP that is more about the journey than the destination.

I've played a lot of the games, and I love the world and lore, but I'm a bit out of touch with the newest few generations, played faithfully up until platinum, so I'd appreciate a bit of slack if I have google a name or two. And I figured we'd take a vote on what region to start in.

Hope I get a few takers, and even if you're not interested, thanks for stopping by and I hope you find a thread that will snag your attention.

Edit: once you finalize a character, post it here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/char...rt-role-play-name-once-its-figured-out.17385/

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Interesting, (most stuff is for me XD) but can I use Fakemon? Also I can help you make a poll for people to vote on the region. So far I was thinking Johto, but it's a democracy, the majority wins. One more thing, I'm a complete and total disaster when I RP, I make 1 word posts all the time nonstop. (im kidding, I'm a bit more than decent :p)

Well, this went better than expected. Was not expecting so many replies at all, let alone in one day. So, thanks guys.

@ ScorchPlayz Well, I'm no expert on fakemon, or cross breeds, so I'd say run it by the rest of the group but I feel it's more of a case by case, a new breed of starter vs "oh, it's just the legendary Pokémon of nature" or something. And a poll would be great.

Personally. I feel as long as the mods are fine, I'm fine with whatever you feel is appropriate, as this is supposed to be casual after all.

Well, the main rule of Fakemon is on the condition that it can't be overpowered here. (And also that if they are someone else's, then they will have to get permission; I.e. If someone wishes to use my Fakemon, then they will have to get my permission/approval before they can just simply use them for the RP.)

Also, I'd be interested here, and I am going to be using one of my newer Fakemon if they are going to be allowed.

Well, the thing is, I do not actually have pictures of the Fakemon I have created because art is not exactly my biggest strength here... (And not to mention that I've heard that it's a bit frowned upon to use pictures instead of words to describe appearances and such.)

I do have quite the collection of Fakemon however, though I'm still thinking if I should simply let others use my Fakemon still.

When in Rome. I'd also say as long as you're within the rules, feel free to use any Pokemonyou want, including fakemon, cross-breeds, and even legendaries if you can get the permissions.

Well... I suppose that I'll use my Fakemon then, as I just have to ask a bit of a question...

What do you mean by casual? (There's a lot of definitions about it out there so I'm just needing a bit of clarification...)

EDIT: If the RP is being created soon, then I'll get working on my character asap. (I'll privately ask the RP creator about something real quick first before doing so.)

Last edited:
Casual as in don't start it with a thousand and one rules right off the bat, something like https://pokecharms.com/threads/poketropolis-city-roleplay-sign-ups.17109/

Not saying anything against them, but sometimes that can be somewhat limiting to character creation. Put a character together, have a history, and have anything from a starter to a full team. You can be any age, have any skills, hobbies, or specialities you feel like. You can have a job, a quest, a destination, or just an urge to travel, whatever you feel would make an interesting character.

Hope I didn't just ramble on a bit much, and I'd recommend checking out the above RP too, as it seems really cool actually. If I should take it down, just say so below if it's something rude to have done.

Edit: that may seem like I'm saying bad things about the above RP and ones like it, I'm really not, at least not intentionally. I'm just looking for something a bit more relaxed for my first time back in a while.

Last edited:
Well, I'm finally finished with my character bio. (I have permission to use only a Pokémon character for this RP.)

Pokémon Information:
Name:
His name is currently unknown, as he is often referred to as the Pokémon species he is.
Species: Phenonia / Transition Pokémon
Native Region: His native region is Etepeal.
Type (Model Form): [type]Normal[/type]
Type (Battle Form): [type]Psychic[/type] [type]Steel[/type]
Appearance (Model Form): When Phenonia is in his condensed, model form, he is a tiny, light grayish, sphere-like object when curled up. He is about four times smaller than a Joltic to put his puisne size into perspective, as even a gecko could lift him with some effort involved. In the time that he chooses to uncurl himself to interact with others, his small head can be seen that is rather small in proportion to his body. On his head lies some pale black metallic, hair-like strands that give off the impression of a horn or just simply hair. He has tiny blue eyes, a nose that is about the size of a period and a mouth that lacks any teeth whatsoever. His tiny arms each have three small fingers and his tiny feet each have a single claw nail. There is a white orb located on chest, as it has almost no function while he is in his model form unfortunately.
Appearance (Battle Form): When Phenonia is in his true form, he is significantly bigger compared to his normal form; he is roughly the size of a Charizard to picture in perspective. His light gray, humanoid body stands tall from what he was once millimeters away from the ground, as his head is proportionate to his body like the average adult's. There is a bundle of straight, pale black metal that extends from the backside of his head all the way over towards a little over the front; which gives off the impression of hair and even a helmet if one were to look closely enough. He has blue eyes, while his nose is composed of two modest sized nostrils. His mouth has two rows full of teeth that can bite on steel with ease. His arms each have five fingers, while his legs each have a modest sized claw nail that can shred through some metals for snacking on. The white orb is on his upper area of his torso, as it acts as his main storage for energy.
Personality: Phenonia typically acts as the leader when in his battle form, as he tends to protect others as much as he can. His selflessness can often get him carried away, as he can become reckless to the point where he hurts himself more than actually helping out. On the other hand, when he is in his model form, he is often seen as an introvert, as he tends to hide behind objects when encountered. He also tends to be rather hasty when it comes to dealing with everyday tasks while in his model form.
Ability (Model Form): Lilliputian (The Pokémon's attack and defense are halved.)
Ability (Battle Form): Clear Body (The Pokémon is immune to all stat lowering debuffs.)
Primary Moves (Model Form): Protect, Double Team, Psychic, Teleport
Primary Moves (Battle Form): Smart Strike, Stabilizer Wave, Telebeam, Flash Cannon.
Other: It is unknown whether this Pokémon had a trainer, as it also seems to possess the ability to talk to others in telepathy. He also tends to be in his model form when out of combat and in his battle form when engaged. He will also automatically revert back to his model form when he is fatigued.
Fakemon Creator: @Charlespark
Moves Information: (For the custom ones; I assume that everyone knows what the others are.)
Type: [type]Psychic[/type]
Catagory: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 5
Target: All allies, including self
Range: 10 Meters area of effect
Description: The user envelops themselves and their friends in a wave of cleansing energy, patching their wounds. The less energy a Pokémon has, the more potent this move becomes.
Effects: Heals the Pokémon 80% of overall damage they took in combat. (Ex: 20/100 HP heals 64 HP, as 64 is 80% of 80.)
Type: [type]Psychic[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 70
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 10
Target: All enemies in a straight line
Range: 5 Meters / Piercing
Description: The user deeply concentrates and gathers in a substantial amount of energy. The energy is then concentrated into a narrow beam and is launched at all Pokémon that are unfortunate to be in their way.
Effects: Halves the Pokémon's resistance to Psychic-type attacks for three turn cycles.

Well, of course most of them wouldn't make sense in real life... (I'm looking at you Wailord... because you'd seriously be very very underweight!)

As for how it actually makes that dramatic size change, I can explain both in terms of realism and also in the Pokémon universe here. (Though you'd have to remember that this is sort of like an evolution, except that it isn't since the Pokémon will always revert back to its tiny ball form at some point if he gets knocked out for example.)

I initially based this Pokémon off of a model toy of what the real version of the Pokémon would look like, though I thought: Why not put them together somehow? (That's where it kinda started, and things just progressed on there, and the Pokémon is pretty much helpless when in his model form...)

I'm assuming that would have to apply to cross breeds since that's what I've heard and read from the staff. I'm also going to make a rival Pokémon here possibly, and well, I'm still thinking if the main Pokémon should travel along with the group or not.

*Jigacho looks over at you suspiciously after solving his rubik's cube in 2.98 seconds*

Basically it would have to apply to the rule of Fakemon, where it just needs to have an easy to explain explanation of it and the main condition about that rule is that it can't be overpowered.

That should be fine then for the most part. I would suggest to add an explanation/a bit of lore on how their type changed. (I.e. Alohan Sandslash; They adapted to the cold to survive the harsh weathers.)

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
I can do that I think Japayne is still in development but I can think of why will I need Admin approval for the involvement of legendaries in the backstory of the change?

You're gonna need some serious admin approval and also approval of the RP creator to even encounter a legendary... (Because they're rare as hell to even be seen by someone in their life time... and it ain't gonna be like the games where you simply catch them just to fill up a device that can't compete with even an encyclopedia.)

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
no just in the creation of the forms of the Pokemon like you said since their forms are alike to the legendaries bases (Shinigami, Kappa, Kistune Ect)

Well... now I'm confused too... if you're wanting to create a fan made form of a Pokémon, then it's fine... but if you want to involve a legendary Pokémon, then that's a whole other story...

*Jigacho looks at you with some confusion as he solves his 10 x 10 rubik's cube in about half a minute with the help of an Audino holding it for him since it's way too big for him to hold himself*

Well, that does bring up another question... what's the story gonna be?

As for story… that kinda depends on what region we decide on, as it effects which towns are there etc.. So, I guess we should probably decide on that first and then go from there.

And, from what I'm understanding, the pokemon you want isn't a legendary itself, one of them simply effected the change that makes them different from the rest of that species