• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Wolfborn: The School of Powers

Mr Hughes excused Delphi back to her seat after cleaning up the ashes. “Well done Delphi, so that’s how it’s done. How do you all feel about going out to the field to practise attacks on eachother? Just make sure to keep them small, or I WILL use forcefields on all of you.” The teacher went over to the door, getting everybody to follow. He walked out onto the big, grassy, green field. “Everybody pair up to fight, if you want to use defense, you can, but focus on attacking in this lesson.”

Crystal followed the teacher out of the class, looking behind her for her friends. When they were told to pair up, she looked around again, and walked over to Jesse. “Want to be partners?” She smiled at him, waiting for his response, hoping to partner with him.

Jesse smiled when Crystal came over. He didn't think she'd move over, but well, she did. As Hughes asked who wanted to go first, he ducked straight under the table, but, fell under instead. When he saw an oddly clothed child going first, he got back up, and watched her become a dragon. He watched in awe. After she finished roasting the dummies, he got up on command, and realised he'd forgot his backpack.

"Crystal, can you become a dragon, or is it limited to non-mythical animals?" he asked as they walked out onto the field. He stood, and looked around, looking for anyone to come towards him. Whilst he waited for someone to ask him, he ran through methods of attack he knew, and which one was good for this lesson. Would a simple energy blast do? Whilst he waited, his eyesight off Crystal, a black, slightly luminous, slightly translucent ball appeared in his hand, and he threw it into the air and caught it, not focusing on what was happening.

(If anyone else wants to control the teacher, please go ahead xD)

Crystal looked at Jesse, watching him play around with his powers, and then a ball he had made. “Oh, about the dragon thing, I can’t turn into mythical creatures yet, but I was told by my parents that I’ll learn overtime in Wolfborn. So maybe someday!” She guessed Jesse would be her partner, so she led him over to a space on the field and stood at one end. “So, how are we starting this? I’ll attack with animals, since that’s my power, it looks like you’re using those balls, I guess?” She started to think about which animal she would turn into, maybe a tiger? A lion? She knew she couldn’t do any major damage, or she would be in trouble, so she settled with something light, but fast. At least, she thought for now.

Roman watched everything that happened in the class, from Delphi's impressive attacks to having to go outside and get into pairs with someone. Although he didn't know who to go with, even though Athena wanted to pair up with him, but they were already a pair and the lesson required 2 magic users. "I'm sorry Athena, I need to find someone else to practice on, and I would never hurt you." Roman said as he gently stroked his Griffin.

Last edited:
'Wait, we're being partners? It's fine with me. I'm probably going to be using balls like these.' After hearing the words 'BEGIN!' from Mr Hughes, he threw the ball he was holding at Crystal, and it became a fireball-like object. After that, he continued to fire in rapid succession, waiting for an attack from Crystal. 'You doing OK with these or do you want me to tone it down a bit?!'

He looked over, to see the other people firing attacks. Some were doing it quite well, whilst others didn't really have an "attack" method.
This was the perfect time for Crystal to hit him off-guard, he'd lost focus.

Syn looked to his side and said to Delphi, who had just gotten back from the front of class, “Wanna practice?” He was still a little intimidated by the many powers of the young girl, but he thought he might be able to do ok.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi gave a grin. "Sure. I usually only practice on dummies, it's why my aim is so good, anyway, it would be nice to practice some 2 way combat for once. So, why not?" She headed for the door. "Lets go then!"

As Jesse started firing, Crystal tucked and rolled to avoid his fire balls. "Nope, this is fine!" She said in reply to his question. Just as he thought she would, Crystal took advantage of him being distracted. She turned into a tiger, ran behind him and pinned him down, careful not to hurt him too much. She turned back into herself, running back to her place. "Hopefully that was okay.." Again, she transformed, this time into a cheetah. She ran fast around him, avoiding what she had coming for her, waiting to get a good moment to attack. Crystal gave a little growl for effect, being pretty happy with what they were doing so far.

Del glanced around the field, trying to decide where to go. It looks like they absolutely had to pair up, so that sucked. Putting her baseball bat onto her shoulder, she sauntered around and found herself in front of Roman. Aspen, curled around her leg, looked up curiously at Del. The girl just shook her head.
"I guess I have to pair up with someone..." Del said, trying to sound like it didn't matter to her. In her head, she was freaking out. Why a combat class? Her mask was pretty tough, but she didn't like this risk. Not only that, how the heck was she supposed to use her powers without getting people sick or seriously hurt? She just... wouldn't use them. Del glanced up at Roman. "Are we gonna go at it?"

Roman stopped stroking Athena when he heard Del's voice. He gave her a once over (not for that reason) before he shrugged. "Sure, you wanna attack first or shall I? I'm not really that picky." He said nonchalantly, Athena gave Aspen a curious look and tilted her head while Roman put his hands in his pockets and patiently waited for Del's answer.

Del gave her response in the form of an action. She stepped towards Roman, swinging her baseball bat at his side. Years of scrounging around and living in the Junkyard had taught her to take advantage when she could. And to her, Roman looked quite at the disadvantage. With his hands in his pockets, it looked to her that he was in a poor starting position. Del was not going to let that go to waste.

Syn walked out onto the field with Delphi, and moved a little ways away. He then turned his hand into a blunt sword, so as not to severely injure her, and ran at her. “I learned a little bit of swordplay on the streets,” Syn Said, as he spun his sword around, swinging it wildly.

Last edited:
Before the bat could make contact with Roman, his entire body instantly transformed into a cloud of black smoke which roughly resembled the human form from before and made the bat go completely through him as if he wasn't there. After the swing, Roman reverted back to his human form, this time however, he was ready for Del's next attack. "Could've just said you'll go. You almost got me... almost." He said with a smirk as he assumed a stance that appeared to come from the Muay Thai arts.

To Del's surprise, instead of the bat making contact with the student, or even the student dodging the bat, it simply phased right through him! Del caught herself, and quickly went back into a fighting position with her bat in front of her. It was clear, however, that this kid in front of her had some actual fighting training. Arsen hissed aggressively.
"Oh no you don't. You stay out of this, this is between me and him." Del growled down at her snake. Sulkily, Arsen slithered off of Del's leg and curled up, watching the match. Del turned her focus back to Roman. Aw, screw it. Del charged at the boy swinging her bat again, this time at his head.

Roman quickly darted to the side before the attack could hit, as he did, his body began to faintly emit the same smoke he transformed into. "I see you're not using your powers, tell me: Are they not the kind used for attack or are they too dangerous?" He asked before he quickly went low and attempted to sweep kick Del.

"None of your damn- whoop!" Roman's leg sweep caught Del completely off guard, and she fell on her butt. Not one to stay down, Del quickly bounced back up red in the face. Instead of picking up her baseball bat, Del went straight for a tackle. She tried throwing a punch at the student's head. Maybe the sudden attack would be enough to catch him off guard? It had to! If this didn't work, Del wasn't sure how she was going to hit this guy.

Roman was taken back by the punch and felt himself about to fall back. He quickly transformed into smoke once more but this time to regain his balance, once he did he reverted back and tilted his head to crack his neckbones. "That was good, real good." He said with a seemingly impressed tone and smirk as he went to assume his Muay Thai stance once more, ready for her next attack. He kept a close eye on her arms and legs to see which one she would attack with.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi quickly dodged Syn’s attack, then countered by turning into a cobra and slithering round his legs while barring her fangs, snapping at him and tightened the 8 shape round his ankles.

Del stepped back, smiling under her mask. She landed a blow! Putting up her fists, she took more of a boxer's stance and glared at Roman. She felt a little more confident, and continued to circle him. Seeing as the boy wasn't going to make a move, Del advanced and threw a jab at the boy's face.

Roman quickly darted back, the jab only grazed his face. "Name's Roman by the way." He said as his smile slowly became more and more noticeable, clearly he was enjoying himself... for a mere sparring match. After Del's response, vocally or physically, he transformed into a cloud of smoke and seemingly made the smoke surround her, making it hard for her to see where he would strike next.

Del threw another punch, only for the student to transform into a cloud of smoke. Del fell back into her stance, only for the smoke to surround her.
"You can turn into smoke? Seems like a pretty useless power. Wouldn't I be breathing you in, if I wasn't wearing a mask?" Del said, glancing around. The smoke was obscuring her vision, sure, but it didn't burn her eyes like normal smoke would. Another thing she had noticed, either from living in the junkyard all her life or her powers. Del glanced around, keeping her fists up and ready to defend from any attack.

Roman remained in smoke mode, but from time to time, he would tease Del by charging in to punch her only to transform into smoke once more. "You'd call it useless, but if there's one thing I learned: It's not the power you wield that makes you strong. It's how you wield that power." He said as he went in to attack her from the right.

Del looked around the smoke carefully. Suddenly, Roman was charging towards her. Del raised her forearms to block when the student to turn into fog right before he hit her. Del looked out from behind her arms, surprised. He vanished again? Suddenly he was right next to her, a punched her right in the face. Del staggered back, then turned to counterattack with a punch as well.
"Don't you lecture me about wielding power." Del snarled.

Syn quickly reacted, making his sword slightly sharper, just enough to hurt her through her thick snake hide, then slicing down in between his legs to cut into Delphi. “Smart move. I won’t be easily tricked, however.”

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi quickly turned into a rock, so that when Syn’s sword hit her it would bounce back off, then turned into a falcon and flew up into the air. “Betcha never saw that coming!” She called.

The teacher went round, watching everybody fight together. He wrote some notes down about how everyone was doing, and then called, “Finish up, it’s time for your next class, it’s just down the hall from where we started.” He stayed, watching everybody walk off to Defense, until they were all gone.

Crystal transformed back, “Nice one!” She called to Jesse, looking at everybody else fighting. She quickly ran back to the classroom to get her things, and also brought everyone else’s bags and books, and what not. Sapphire ran along with Crystal outside, and she handed back everyone’s things from the class so they could all make their way to Defense.

Crystal reached the classroom door, walking in to a back seat. Sapphire went in between Crystal’s legs again, trying to stay in the darkest place. She waited for everyone else to arrive, looking at the teacher at the front, who also stood waiting.

(Someone do the teacher :3)

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi turned back into herself then when’s with Syn to the next lesson. She had bring her things with her and so did not need to get them. The new teatcher walked in. He was tall and wise looking, with emerald green eyes that seemed to glint like real gems. His hair was ginger and curly “Right, hello everyone! I am Mr. Atkins, and I will be your defence teacher today!” His voice was smooth, he spoke in a tone that was cool and relaxed

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Roman could he hit by Del's next attack, he put up a hand gesturing her to stop and look at the teacher who told them to stop and head to defence class. "You heard the man, let's go." He said as he began to walk back to the classroom and gestured Athena to follow him. He looked back at Del with a friendly smile. Once in the classroom, he sat in a seat next to the window and looked at the view through it, but that didn't mean he wasn't listening.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi sat again at the front middle of the classroom, looking at the teacher.

“Right, first, I will be attacking you, and you must either counter or defend yourself. I expect you all to do well, this is a vital skill and could save your life one day. Now, who wants to go first?”

Crystal reluctantly and slowly put her hand up. She was never one to go first without seeing how it's done, but this time, she felt she should challenge herself and give it a go. "I'll go first, sir." She got out of her seat and starting walking down, leaving Sapphire at her desk once again. She stood infront of the teacher, waiting to start, and took a battle stance, showing she was ready.

D

Deleted member 227971

“ Ah, well done Crystal. Now, I’m only going to attack lightly, but be careful, Remember, counter or defend!” With this, Mr. Atkins shot a small bolt of lightning from his hand, aiming it at Crystal.

OOC: Mr. Atkins’ powers are lightning based

Crystal saw the bolt coming, "I,'ll jazz this up a bit..", and at that, she jumped, turning into an electric eel and catching the bolt. She landed as herself again with a smile, "Was that okay? I thought a tuck and roll would just be plain simple." Crystal waited for an answer, sort of hoping to go again.

D

Deleted member 227971

“ Well done! That was great, now, I’m going to do it again, and this time, try countering my attack.” Mr Atkins shot another bolt from his hand.

Syn watched Crystal practice with the teacher with great interest. His goal for this class, at least this year, was to learn how to make a shield with his hand. He hated defense, but he knew that since he couldn’t do any of the fancy tricks that Delphi or Crystal could do with their shapeshifting, he would have to rely on it.

Crystal stood ready to counter the next bolt, trying to think of a way to fight back. She backed away, turned into a kangaroo (yes, mate xD) and ducked down to the floor to avoid the bolt, then quickly toppled over to the teacher, pushing him over in one big hit with the feet, careful not to do major damage to her teacher. She quickly turned back and helped him back up. "I think I did that right..?" She smiled, getting ready to walk back to her seat to let someone else down. She caught Syn's eye, he looked like he was thinking about something, she smiled at him too, then looked away again. (Because of your post, hope that was fine)

D

Deleted member 227971

Mr. Atkins stood up and brushed his shirt off. “That was great! Now, go back to your seat. Syn, want to go next?”

Syn got up from his seat, not even questioning why the teacher already knew his name. Instead he questioned something else. “What is your power?” Syn said as he walked up to the front, ready to fight the mysterious teacher.

D

Deleted member 227971

“Oh, lightning, thunderstorms, that sort of stuff. Right, now are you ready?” Asked Mr. Atkins

“I can try, but my powers aren’t that great!” Replied Syn as he prepared himself into a street-fighting stance, making his hand into a blunt sword. He was expecting a bolt of electricity, and was slightly more in a position that allowed him to roll out of the way, the sword was more for show.

The battle between Jesse and Crystal was going quite well, for the most, the two managed to dodge most of each other's moves, until Jesse was unfocused, which Crystal had pinned him down. However, now it was time for Defence, Jesse ran over to his seat inside the class, only to realise it wasn't there, he'd forgotten it. Quickly, he headed to Defence and sat down, in the same position as last time, waiting for the teacher.

He watched the students use their defence methods, and mentally made notes of them all. And physically. Every time the teacher asked for a new person to come up, he would duck under his table, hoping not to be chosen.