• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Winter's Icy Sprites! Currently closed!

Hello, and welcome to my sprite shop! I'm a newbie spriter here, so if you comment on my work I will be very greatful!

CLOSED! My computer crashed, so I have to use my Wii which doesn't include paint or gimp.

Rules
  • Please read the sprite boarding rules located here- http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/http://www.pokecharms.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5 before posting.
  • If you are requesting, please leave a comment first so I can get some feedback on my art!
  • Also if you are requesting, please fill out the following form or you will be ignored.

Request - Currently Closed. Since I'm so new at this I've decided to do some touch-ups and do some more art before I start taking requests.

#1 What pokemon (Up to 4) you want spliced
    #2 What characteristics you want from each pokemon

Showcase

Splices...

r05kzb.jpg
    25g6hwh.gif
    jkwx9c.gif
    s4nyoh.gif
    xgh9y0.gif
    15hipa8.gif
    v4vzae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Winter's Icy Sprites!

Am I correct that you got sprites off of google? I reccomend getting a sheey of sprites so then the sprites aren't transparent (missing black lines in places). I like you're fusions, but if you got non-transparent sprites or outlined the sprites you're sprites would be better. The Teddiursa sprite is completely adorable! On the Charmander fusion the parts do not flow together proberly, making it look like the horns were stuck on by glue. That could be fixed with a little practice though. Just keep practicing and you'll get much, much better. ;D

The Emperer-Thanks! And currently I'm working on some trainers and fakemon that will be posted as soon as I feel like I have enough of them to post.

Kedpeanut- Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding you but I use Bulbapedia to get my sprites and then put them in paint. When I put them in paint it takes away all of the black outlining so I have to fill the lines back in as much as I can. So far I haven't found a better way of doing so. But thanks for the suggestion and I'll try to fix these!

Winter said:
The Emperer-Thanks! And currently I'm working on some trainers and fakemon that will be posted as soon as I feel like I have enough of them to post.

Kedpeanut- Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding you but I use Bulbapedia to get my sprites and then put them in paint. When I put them in paint it takes away all of the black outlining so I have to fill the lines back in as much as I can. So far I haven't found a better way of doing so. But thanks for the suggestion and I'll try to fix these!
You can find sprite sheets here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/!

Thanks I'll check into it! And I've updated the Raibok (Arbok and Raichu) and the Pikalax (Pikachu and Munchlax) sprites so they are better outlined.

See what I mean? After being outlined the sprites loom much better, although they still have a few missing pixels here and there. Usually to get a sprite sheet you can just google "Pokemon Sprite Sheet" and get a full sprite sheet. Before you use save the sprite sheet though you should check if the sprites are transparent or not by pasting the sheet into Paint. Then when you want some sprites just open that sheet and copy and paste them into another Paint page.

Updated the sprites, I think they look nicer now. And thanks for telling me about the sheets, they're working quite well.

Oh, and here is a trainer I just finished. Tell me what you think!
10igg81.gif

Last edited by a moderator: