• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Winter Wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang.

The weather's starting to get colder, and I'm constantly being reminded of something: I don't have a warm jacket that fits me well. This might be an issue in the coming months. As of right now, I rely heavily on jeans, sneakers, and sweatshirts.

So my question to all of you -- how do you stay warm when the weather drops? If you're in an area that's 20 C all year round this obviously isn't applicable to you (and I'm insanely jealous).

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
My avatar will tell you everything you need to know.

(In real life, I use a mixture of many many layers of shirts, a pair of thermal socks, and a really thick fleece jumper. You kinda need to learn to wrap up when you're riding a moped for an hour in 1-2°C conditions!)

I'm lucky enough that I'm not cold most of the time even when reaching the 0--3°C so I don't really dress up warm hence why I have worn shorts and a t-shirt all week.

When I do wrap up warm I tend to wear darker colours such as deep reds and I usually wear a checked shirt over a t-shirt and occasionally throw a warm coat or leather jacket over the top, which are normally unzipped and unbuttoned for me and then I wear a pair of jeans and canvas shoes (seeming though that is all I own) also I wear no sock I find them irritating. Also I wear a fur trapper hat because usually only my ears get cold

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I add a long-sleeved shirt to my outfit and that's it. I wear my t-shirts year round just overtop the long-sleeves in the winter and I wear my black jeans all year except the hottest days of summer. On particularly cold days I either wear my hoody or my Organization XIII coat depending on the situation and if I feel like cosplaying that day.

Ahahahahahahaaaa

I live in Florida. Right now, it's like 75F to 80F during the day. Winter wear might as well be summer wear.

Though, I'd love to see some snow (too much Skyrim playing makes me think I can actually stand the cold!). Then I'd get to crunch around in it in a giant puffy jacket like a multicolored marshmallow u w u~

Anyway, if it actually decides to act like winter here, I generally go with my ultra comfy Minecraft hoodie, with jeans and boots c: I'm mostly inside anyway, so I don't usually have to adjust much for the weather.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'll usually just wear my everyday clothing throughout winter with the addition of my winter jacket, but when it starts getting below -10 I'll add a hat and gloves. I typically only seek out a scarf if I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time because frostbite sucks.

I really should wear boots during winter but I never do. I always end up wearing my typical sneakers because it's too much hassle changing my footwear at work everyday and, unlike my sneakers, wearing boots all day feels uncomfortable. ;x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Pretty much my usual clothes with a warm jacket over the top. I also have a nice warm coat which is pretty much my winter coat. I only get the hat, scarf and gloves out if I'm going to be out for a long time, such as a long country walk with dog. Or if I'm going to be stood somewhere for a long time, that's when it's definitely needed.

Other than that the only other change is the blankets in my room. I can stand the cold outside, but my bed is the one place that should never. ever be cold. Blankets, blankets everywhere :D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Generally I don't change from what I'd wear in the Autumn, I just add the warmest hoodie I own and a scarf. One of the few reasons I like winter is so I can wear that scarf. ♥

Oh, and boots. I always tend to wear boots throughout winter because I'm a clumsy kinda person who is very likely to slip on ice if not wearing something better than trainers.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I wear a sweater over top my normal two layers, and then I have an awesome Canada jacket with something akin to fur on the inside. Also I wear gloves, a scarf and a tuque (I'm really sensitive to temperature and it gets quite cold).

It also gets cold in my apartment, but I have a lot of heavy blankets.

I don't really have "winter wear" since I'm pretty much immune to the cold. I just wear a standard lond-sleeved shirt and jeans. If the temperature dips below the twenties then I'll put on a jacket and I'll close it if it gets below ten, but that's it really.

I'm in Australia, we don't need no education winter wear.

Except maybe trackpants and a jumper, but that's it~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
What is this "winter" you speak of.
It still seems to be pretty mild here in Texas. :/

But in all seriousness, I just don on my dad's trenchcoat and some jeans when it gets cold. If it's too cold, I switch the coat for my lovely leather jacket~ I never wear any other winter accesories, like scarfs, gloves, etc. because I tend to either lose them, or they impede my ability to play my viola/piano. XD

Call me crazy, but I don't really bundle up for winter. In fact I wear flip-flops, a pair of jeans, and maybe a jacket in the snow(if I can call it that... Its mainly mush round here)... The extent of my winter wear is a hat and possibly some gloves. I hate trying to layer clothing because I'm overly active in the snow, so I don't really get cold in it.

Pretty much my normal clothes, except a winter coat over top if it's below 40 degrees F.

Once, though, I was goofing around, so I rolled myself over a huge piece of bubble wrap, got it wrapped all around me, and then I proceeded to hop outside to see if it would be cold. I then proceeded to trip over a rock, fall over, and accidentally roll sideways down the gigantic hill near our backyard. :D

I live in the north American portion of North America, around the Great Lakes. That means I get hit with some pretty decent cold temperatures, around -5-20 F in the middle of winter. I typically wear a t shirt, hoodie, my lovely green plaid peacoat with plenty of nerdy buttons, my TF2 scarf, a black beanie, blue earmuffs, black gloves, jeans, and boots. I'm thinking of investing in a pair of army boots, as with all the walking around campus, my boots have been eaten up fairly quickly.

With all that I wear, it is mostly my face that is exposed, though my hands still get cold. Nevertheless, I don't like covering my face as the moisture from my breath just helps the space in-between the covering and my skin get colder and wetter.

Status
Not open for further replies.