• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Will Jessie ever win a pokemon contest? (Now with spoilers! =D)

Out of every contest that May and Jessie have enterd Jessie hasnt won once yet. Do you think she'll ever win a contest.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Harley won.

*shrugs*

I think it's about time Jessie got her win too, actually. Not that she's actually particularly GOOD at contests (Or, indeed, anything involving Pokemon), but you've got to get lucky at some point. Even if she just managed to beat Hikari, it'd be cool.

Actually, on occasion she has performed fairly well in the first part of the contests... Anyway, I actually feel kinda sorry for her. I think even someone as rotten as her deserves a break now and then.

I agree. If she won one of these times, it would actually make it seem like a challenge when Hikari goes up against her...I mean, it got to the point when May had to beat her in a contest that I just rolled my eyes and left to do something, since I knew she's ALWAYS win (pretty much anybody who was a recurring character was a shoe-in to beat her).

She should win at least once just so she can pose a legitimate threat.

I agree. If she won one of these times, it would actually make it seem like a challenge when Hikari goes up against her...I mean, it got to the point when May had to beat her in a contest that I just rolled my eyes and left to do something, since I knew she's ALWAYS win (pretty much anybody who was a recurring character was a shoe-in to beat her).

She should win at least once just so she can pose a legitimate threat.

So says you. I thought that Harley having his Ariados use String Shot and playing that big, blue blob like a puppet was hilarious. Also, I don't consider Harley to be a bad guy, because he doesn't work for any evil organizations. He's just some creep.

*Pin Missile'd*

YOW!!

Also, I don't consider Harley to be a bad guy, because he doesn't work for any evil organizations. He's just some creep.

Doesn't that kinda qualify him as a bad guy? I mean sure, he doesn't work for any organization, but he has done everything in his power to get May disqualified in practically every competition to date. The only time he didn't do something dishonest to beat her was (ironically) in the competition where he finally won...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Even James has managed to win something, so Jessie deserves the same treatment. At least once. Jessie beating Hikari would be an amusing sight, too, and get me to give a cheer.

Bad guys or not, I love TR, and any chance they get to show up the "good guys" is great in my books ^^

Doesn't that kinda qualify him as a bad guy? I mean sure, he doesn't work for any organization, but he has done everything in his power to get May disqualified in practically every competition to date. The only time he didn't do something dishonest to beat her was (ironically) in the competition where he finally won...

Must say I agree. You don't need to be part of an "evil organization" to be an antagonist, and that equals "bad guy" to me.

I meant to say that I don't consider Harley as a bad guy to same extent as Jessie and James.

When we are on the subject of good and bad; I really don't think James (and Meowth too, actually) are baddies... I mean, whenever they're separated from Jessie they seem to be pretty nice guys. But she is just so bossy (and scary) that she can make them do anything!

I mean, would a bad guy really have as much empathy for his Chimecho as James does?

Sorry for going off topic, but I just needed to have that said.

Meh, if Jessie were to win a ribbon, they'd probably start a whole running gag involvign her coddling it like James did with Chimecho. At some point, Jessie does play fair, and when she does, we can see how good she is. It simply means, much like Harley's case, if she were to play fair, she'd get her break, much like James did.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Funny that this topic was uprooted when it was... now it's actually relevant XD

Jessie won her first OFFICIAL CONTEST! And she did awesome at that. Somehow I foresee this as a one-time deal, but at least now we can finally say... Jessie won a contest fair and square, and not with someone's elses Pokemon XD

i dont follow the anime when it comes to contests. i like the hardcore battling part and thats it. but, i hope everyone gets a fair share in contest wins(zoey winning a few,jessie winning a few,etc.) cuz dawn winning every contest she enters with her cupcake pokemon team is just....eww. and i hope ash and team get some real hardcore battling pokemon on his team in the next few episodes cuz the anime gets boring with just contests and cute and cuddly pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I dunno. I take back my previous statement about this being a one-time deal now, because there's a good chance that Jessie could win four more contests unrelated to Dawn's future contests and thus get to enter the Sinnoh Grand Festival, too. It'd be a bit farfetched, but it could happen.

I guess it all depends on whether or not this past contest was to show Jessie's increasing contest skills, OR... whether it was Dustox's last hurrah before the final boot xp

I dunno. I take back my previous statement about this being a one-time deal now, because there's a good chance that Jessie could win four more contests unrelated to Dawn's future contests and thus get to enter the Sinnoh Grand Festival, too. It'd be a bit farfetched, but it could happen.

Knowing Jessy she will somehow cheat her way into the festival, face off against Dawn once again and end up:
a) the authorities find Jessy out and haul her out of the stadium.
b) Jessy gets whooped after a gruleing preformance.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I kinda doubt it myself. Jessie hasn't cheated in any of her Sinnoh contests yet, so unless she was really up against a wall I don't see her suddenly starting it now. When it comes to contests this season, she always battles fair and square. It's actually one of the nice things about seeing her in 'em these days :)

I meant more that Jessie wouldnt win any ribbons till then and would have to cheat to get in since that is her dream and so on and so forth.

PS: That self Wrap thing was cool if not for the wierd look on her face lol

She has guts and intresting ideas, just too much of a bad attitude :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
True enough. If somehow she -doesn't- manage to get enough ribbons by then, I foresee her having some moral-turmoil moment but in the end cheating/stealing her way into the Grand Festival. And yeah... she'd probably get disqualified for it ^^;