• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Will Ash's story ever come to a conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ash is fairly aware it's a Shiny. The anime just doesn't use the term 'Shiny Pokemon.' If you'll remember the episode where he met it, the scientist blatantly comapres it to a regular Noctowl.

Ash is definitely a much better trainer now than he used to be. Sure Pikachu still loses, but Ash's pokemon teams in the newer sagas have been excellent. He finally looks like a powerful trainer with mostly evolved Pokemon. Its just that at the start of every saga he goes back to a new team, so it takes a while for him to get strong again.

Much in the same way of the female characters, they start off as beginners/weak but get progressively stronger as the saga progresses.

Too bad with Misty they didn't develop her much. Her team was incredibly weak and as a battler she was pretty lackluster, relying on Psyduck got win with a headache rather than battling properly. Misty could have been a great battler, instead she was nothing more than background fodder holding that Togepi in her arms.

I think Iris will be Misty done right, and show what she could have been like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nue said:
I think Ash is fairly aware it's a Shiny. The anime just doesn't use the term 'Shiny Pokemon.' If you'll remember the episode where he met it, the scientist blatantly comapres it to a regular Noctowl.

Agreed, but I also could have sworn they said something about it being rather young having something to do with it, but this was the 4kids dub, so it probably has nothing to do with that at all.

mouseyboy said:
wish misty would come back and absolutely own him!!! I would also like 2 see him do a full battle with cynthia. he would get powned

Misty is a lousy battler. How could a character who has such underdeveloped and weak Pokemon as her possibly own Ash? The only time she did beat Ash is because of Psyduck, which doesn't really count.

Misty was probably the worst battler during her time on the show. She's probably the worst battler of the entire main cast for that matter. Did she have any good or memorable wins in the show at all?

Whirlpool cup in Johto.

She actually beats Ash. There are actually several points in the anime where she beats trainers. Granted, most of them were centered around her and her justifying her status as a Cerulean city gym leader, but they are victories nonetheless.

Then she got a Gyarados and started raping everything so much they replaced her with May :V

I think it's about time we lock this thread. It's going off topic, and we all know that as long as the Pokemon franchise exists, Ash will too. He's about as much of a mascot for the business as Pikachu, symbolizing the important bond that is a human and his Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.