• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wii Release Date... Oh-my-goodness-gracious...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Finally, some release date info.

The Wii is set to launch in Japan on December 1st for 25,000 yen. (About 213 USD.)

For the US release, it is said to be on November 19 for $250. Though there is some speculation to this as the New York Times was the one to report this, Nintendo itself hasn't actually stated anything. The Japanese released date is confirmed however, as it is up on the Japan website. Just the US one that's shaky. There's a bunch of more details, but I'll let you read them for yourself.

Click for the US stuff...
Japan info.

I guess its possible for some of the US details to change, but we'll know for sure tomorrow. Still no word on the Euro-launch, but that's not yet expected till Friday.

[EDIT] Seems there is a new Wii site: Wii.com

I'm kinda disappointed that it's going to cost 250, since I wont have that kinda money :-\

BUT! Nonetheless I'm happy to hear that they are added Wii Sports and adding many other features to go with the system that it makes up for the price. Also, now we know that Pokemon Battle Revolution will be a launch title.....in Japan. I'm kinda confused why Japan is getting 2 weeks after us.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Battle Revolution isn't a launch title. These are:

Elebits (Konami)

Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo)

Kororinpa (Hudson)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)

Necro-Nesia (Spike)

Red Steel (Ubisoft)

SD Gundam Revolution (Namco Bandai)

Super Monkey Ball: Uki Uki Party Daishuugou (Sega)

Swing Golf Panya (Tecmo)

Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daitouryou! (Namco Bandai)

Tatsujin Festival (Namco Bandai)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Nintendo)

Wii Sports (Nintendo)

Wing Island (Hudson)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. Since we've already gotten the Japanese, UK, and American says on prices, here's how it looks in Canadia Land: Wii's selling price will be $279, while First-party Nintendo titles will be going for $59.95 - 5 cents cheaper than I perdicted (whoo?).

Ninty.ca didn't say what the controller prices will be, but my EB has 'em down as $24 for the nunchuk and classic controller, and somewhere between $40-49 for the wiimote (I forget. QQ can confirm 'em).

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
They do... the system comes with the Wiimote, nunchuck, all the cables needed, Wii stand, sensor bar, Wii Sports, and the Wii itself of course. ;) I might forgotten something but I think the price is fair... especially since I only have to pay 200 for the thing since I put 50 down on the Wii in January.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, all gamecube games will play on Wii. It can virtually play all past Nintendo consoles in one way or another (mostly Virtual Console download), which is sweetness in a box ^^

Yes November 9th thats not that long away at all, and for only $250. WOW!!!
But the bad part is at the EB games that I go to they have all the nintendo wii's reserved. :(

That Sucks!!! >:(