• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wii hits U.S. Tommorrow

Wii hits the U.S. tommorrow read all about it!!!! I saw people outside of target just waiting for the Wii. When I get the Wii it'll be so awesome

Yep. At about midnight tonight ( about 4 hours from now) im going to get on line at one of the local targets due to EB and Wally World (Wal-Mart) only ordering for their pre-orders.

*EXCITED* :D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem get's his tomorrow as well...

*Laughs at all who don't get the Wii tomorrow.*

Well you better hurry and get one before they run out. At my Target there are only 63 left I cant imagine how many there are at yours.

Yeah, being a college student, I'm not exactly rolling in dough. I'm going to wait until after Christmas, when I have a little more expendable cash.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Supposedly a Sunday shopping law was past here on Friday to finally give Prince Edward Island Sunday shopping 7-months of the year (April to December), but I'm not sure if it applies for today.

Unless I can somehow get the cash out of family members - or have more stored at my grannies than I thought - I won't be getting a Wii today =/

I do, however, know at least one girl getting it at launch (my bro's roommate - she's a nice person ^^), and possibly a close friend of mine has managed to dig up the cash for one of his own (this after we both whined about being too broke to buy one). So... even if I don't get my own, like hell am I waiting to play it :O

I'll have a Wii by Christmas at the latest. My dad always gives us money, as do other relatives and my maternal grandparents. Added together with what I currently have, that should do it ^^

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I pre-ordered mine. No lines, no camping, no nothing. All I do is walk into the store and pick it up. I'll be doing that later today.

Thats easy. But the fun of a new game system coming out is camping in front of a store waiting to get it. At least in my book.

Because I have no cash, I did not get a Wii or, thank Mew, a PS3. However, I did get a DS Lite (yay!), and I made sure to do it last night so as to avoid both the PS3 crime and the Wii madness. It worked pretty well...congrats to anybody who got a Wii without getting hurt! ^_^;;

Agr! I was waiting to leave at midnight with my brother (Seedy) when he gave up... and said " I'm to tired to go buy the Wii, ill get it tomarrow morning" I was horrified! I told him that there won't be any Wii's left!! by the time you wake up. I had so much caffeine that night! Waiting for this day! and it was ruined!

So not getting any sleep that night I desperately waited, as soon as the clock struck 6 Am I flew out of bed and grabbed my cash! Awaking Seedy! He slowly got out of bed.... we flew down to Fred Meyer. Hoping that there would be some Wii's in stock. Their was a sign on the door reading " Their are ZERO ps3 in stock, and ZERO Wii's My face melted... :'(

Hopefully I'll get one this week. So who all got a Wii the first day?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, now Wii has hit PEI, too. Here's hoping all of my friends who wanted one (and could afford it, unlike crappy ol' me) got theirs, because not a one pre-ordered :O

*Won't know until after 4 o'clock this afternoon >>*

But hey. I can pick up my reserved copy of Zelda today! :D

... Zelda TP and no Wii to play it on... the cruel, cruel irony of it all ;_;

FYI to all ye people. For those getting or owning a Wii, my advice is: Dont go hxc on Wii Sports...You'll regret it....

*rubs arm* Ow.