• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Wi-FI question with Trading

So, tell me I'm a noob but idc.
I have just gotten Wi-Fi
I have a question with the Pokedex.
It only lists the pokemon that I have seen or caught, and I want to get an Entei or something like that. But I haven't seen one, so I can't search for one.
Do I have to do something or just see them all?
Also, I have another question with all the friend codes.
What do you do with them? Like I have people registered and I don't know what to do from then. I want to trade with some people but I don't know how.
Please tell me and I will be greatfully appreciated.
;D

To answer your question, just trade a friend who has a entei back and forth between you two, then you'll have the pokedex info on it. With that, you can search for one on wifi

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Also, I have another question with all the friend codes.
What do you do with them? Like I have people registered and I don't know what to do from then. I want to trade with some people but I don't know how.

Friend codes work both ways, so in order for you to trade with a friend you need to both register their friend code and have your friend register your own code. Once you've both done that, all you have to do is go to the bottom floor of a Pokemon Center and talk to the receptionist on the far left. Connect to the Nintendo WiFi Connection, then you can select your name and choose the trade option (this is also where you'd set up a WiFi battle with a friend). Your friend can also set up a trade, too, and then all you have to do is click their name and accept.

As for your other question, what twinky said is basically all you can do. Since the GTS only allows you to trade for Pokemon you have logged in your PokeDex, the best way to identify Pokemon not obtained in D/P is trade with a friend, get your friend to trade the Pokemon back and forth with you, or Pal Park it if you own any of the previous GBA games.

Hope this helps.