• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Wi-fi Battles

What sort of rules do most people play by others than the obvious no legendaries? Do people only play the Lvl100 power-fests that I have seen on other sites or do people rather play something lower?

Here is standard for Pokecharms, Most sites/people play mostly by these rules, but there are also Tiers. Each pokemon fits into a specific group. OU (Over-used), UU (Under-used), NU (never used), and Uber (Mostly legendarys.)

Here is a list of Tiers so you can see what Pokemon are in what Tier. So if someone says, I want a UU Battle, you'd battle with pokemon only within that Tier. There are also other ways to battle. Lvl 50, Lvl 100, Open Level, singles, doubles, 3 on 3, and more.

Thanks Sunny. I felt some of the entries in the tiers lists were a bit odd to say the least but then again, I'm new enough to the whole Wi-fi community and haven't had a Wi-fi battle yet.

Rules on wi-fi are pretty much what the two players would agree on most of the time. Depends on how strict or lenient the person you're battling with they could have clauses for rules as well.

Here's a list of possible clauses people play by:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=2000359&topic=38634417
Edit: The Uber list on that site is a bit outdated though. Latias isn't considered an uber without Soul Dew, etc.

Also, people mostly play at lvl 100 to even the grounds in terms of levels/stats.

Rules on wi-fi are pretty much what the two players would agree on most of the time. Depends on how strict or lenient the person you're battling with they could have clauses for rules as well.

Here's a list of possible clauses people play by:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=2000359&topic=38634417
Edit: The Uber list on that site is a bit outdated though. Latias isn't considered an uber without Soul Dew, etc.

Also, people mostly play at lvl 100 to even the grounds in terms of levels/stats.

Would Lvl50 not be just as even though as the game cuts all levels down?

Yea I would be more of a Lvl50 person myself alright.

And do you think it would be standard practice that people teach moves to offset disadvantages, example would be a grass Pokemon with Surf to offset Fire pokes?

I'm more of a lvl 100 battler. xD

I wouldn't call it standard practice but a lot of people do it to counter weaknesses, etc which is ideal. I say it's all about preferences lol.

@Pivotruler: Battle? Maybe in an hour.
With what rules?

Anyone wanna wifi

Sent you a PM there.

[quote author=DA~Kaitou link=topic=6063.msg100400#msg100400 date=1242080522]

I wouldn't call it standard practice but a lot of people do it to counter weaknesses, etc which is ideal. I say it's all about preferences lol.

With what rules?
[/quote]

I just couldn't see myself training something that high.

[quote author=DA~Kaitou link=topic=6063.msg100400#msg100400 date=1242080522]

With what rules?

I just couldn't see myself training something that high.
[/quote]
They don't have to be high at all. Some pokemon I use in 100 battles are lvl 49-70. It automatically maximizes your pokemon's stats to what it would have at lvl 100 (taken EVs into account). Same thing with lvl 50 except it lowers it to what it should be if it was 50.