• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why I believe we will return to Kalos in Sun and Moon

Would you want to return to Kalos in Sun and Moon?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  1. The player trainers in Sun and Moon look of Kalos decent: The new player trainers look suspiciouslly like the Kaos trainers. Also we know your character has just moved to Alola.
  2. The first Gen 7 pokemon was revealed in a Gen 6 legendary movie: Magerina, the first Gen 7 pokemon revealed, was featured in Volcanions movie in a Kalos location we have never heard of. My theory with is we will go to Kalos on a boat and can challenge the Kalos league, and in Couriway town where the station with no train, we go to the area in the movie, where Magerina is.
  3. It's a well received feature: GS/HGSS were greatly praised to be able to go to two regions, so it would make sense to do it again.

It's got a lot of holes to it, but I can sort of see where you're going with this. Another point is Zygarde. He was introduced in Gen 6, but he apparently has a "big role" in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Maybe you'll have to go back to Kalos to catch a Zygarde?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Nope. Official material has already confirmed that Alola has its own Zygarde cores/cells all over.

I find it HIGHLY doubtful they're going to make the mistake of having two major regions in one game again (even though HG/SS sort of patched up the holes in the incredibly tacked on unfinished excuse for Kanto G/S/C had) - there's very little way of doing that with regions over a certain scale - and Kanto and Johto together are about the size of one region in the modern games. Kalos was fecking large - and they seem to be investing quite a bit of effort in making Alola actually interesting. I'd rather not see a stunted Alola for the purpose of having Kalos shoved in again. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd get another game set in Kalos after S/M are done with, but I honestly don't expect one either. We shall see.

I don't think, with how post game has been recently, that they'd attempt another game that stretched to another region. But it's a good thought. I'd be excited for any kind of decent post-game at this point.

Why Kalos tho? Kalos was boring and awful.

It would, however, be really neat if we could return to other regions in general in Sun/Moon. Like, just take a boat to other regions and give us MULTIPLE MAPS worth of post-game, high level gym battles and all. It seems a little TOO ambitious, but it's definitely a nice thought.

Why Kalos tho? Kalos was boring and awful.

It would, however, be really neat if we could return to other regions in general in Sun/Moon. Like, just take a boat to other regions and give us MULTIPLE MAPS worth of post-game, high level gym battles and all. It seems a little TOO ambitious, but it's definitely a nice thought.
Oh gosh ditto on what you said about Kalos. I wouldn't want Kalos to be the post-game region, for sure. The post-game in Kalos was a total disappointment.

Unfortunately, I know Nintendo won't do something as ambitious as having multiple regions in one game, as I think they've stated before it just wasn't possible through the laws of Pokemon games (ridiculous experience yield among many other things) and that it just isn't possible to have on a DS cartridge....This was mentioned before the release of the 3DS though, and I think that if they pulled off HGSS on the regular DS, then maybe it's technologically plausible...?

Sadly I don't have a source. I only heard from a friend and took their points without a grain of salt, which I maybe should have, but the explanation seemed good enough to me. Every day I cross my fingers for a region I really like to be recalled and perhaps brought in for post-game... but any region being post-game for gen 7 just doesn't make any sense to me. I'd say Unova, because if Unova is based off the USA and Alola is based of Hawaii, maybe Unova would make more sense? Ah, but that's probably my own bias talking. Not to mention the Gen 5 games even had their own sequels. I don't think Unova is making a return anytime soon. ):

Still, I will stay hopeful!!! Maybe Gamefreak will listen to our critiques and apply them. 6th gen was a total 180 from 5th gen because of the many critiques they had. I'll be optimistic about Alola! I've liked a lot of things I've seen so far.