• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why dont they make the pokemon short movies on the pokemon movies anymore?

I think they always made them...just maybe not with the movies. They might have just been released as specials, and they weren't tacked onto the movies when they were released elsewhere.

But that's just a guess.

Another guess? They ran out of ideas, lost the people who made them, had no time to make them, had no people to make them, didn't want to, they weren't making money...could be many reasons.

But meh. I guess they were cute. *shrugs*

They seem to have morphed into the ANA plane specials: exclusive 20-minute shorts shown only on ANA flights. They've included Pikachu's Summer Festival and Pikachu's Ghost Carnival.

I miss them, too. They were always the best bonus features on the DVDs.

Yeah, "Gotta Dance" was HILARIOUS! Loudred and Treecko (who kept trying not to dance) just cracked me up in that one ;D!

Also, I hope they start continuing with Pokemon Hoso because it be a good way to see May's progress on the Pokemon Contests in Johto.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh... "Gotta Dance" was beyond a doubt the best of the bunch. Some would even say its the best part of the 6th movie DVD ;)

Anyways, QQ's probably the most accurate, but I really don't know why they stopped making them. I always enjoyed having that extra 22 minutes bonus tacked on to extent the DVD play time and increase the replay value. A lot of the times I'd simply rewatch the shorts and not the actual movies.