• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why do you visit Pokecharms?

I saw this site's url on a trainer card on photobucket, so I came here a made a trainer card. That got me started making trainer cards on my own in photoshop. So, I'm greatful to Pokecharms for that.

I come here because I'm sick of getting stomped elsewhere for liking Pokemon. It's wonderful to have a forum full of people who like it. I'm still unsure of a few things in my newbism, and a bit timid to do much for fear of becoming one of those epic bans. But I'm sure after a while I'll really love it here. ^-^

I come for many reasons.

1:Doctor Oak's sense of humor! ::)
2:I like to see people get banned from popular websites!
3:I want my sprites in the TC Maker because I am too lazy to make Trainer cards on my own! lol
4:There are more good spriters here than anywhere!

I'd go on, but I am getting hungry and must go eat before I scream. You do not wish to see me scream. Just kidding. There are too many reasons to list.

1:Because of the grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat spriters here
2:Because of the nice people
3:Hypotenuse Man's avvie and his comic
4:pIE!
There are more,but i would be here for too long.This is a grrrrrrrreat website Oak.Kudos ^^

I'm hooked on pokemon and none of the people I know are (or they just won't admit it) and I want to talk about pokemon. Sure there are other forums, but they're more the kiddie type, if you know what I mean. Plus there's great spriters and artists here.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I blame you guys, as in you spriters, mods, and admins, for making me so hooked onto Pokecharms now. Yes, I know that I've already replied here, but so much has happened now. Lessee...

• Bannings are always fun to read
  • Sprites and artwork are almost always interesting
  • I like to read RPs and other written works
  • That time you mods/admins were bothering Sami because of her not locking her poem topic thingy? That was pure win. I likies.
  • Strictness is good. I hate those spammed-up forums. Like some who have a SPAM board. Even though it's fun to post in, it takes away the "charm" from the forum. N wonder this place is called "Pokecharms"...
  • The mods and admins have great senses of humor, along with some other, say, "senior" members
  • The sprite comics that Hypotenuse Man and the Doc makes, along with some other people here, are always, or almost always, funny.

The list can go on, but thanks to you guys, now I'm hooked to Pokecharms (ever since July or August of last year).

I come on mainley to try and help people with thier teams. Firstly I find it fun making movesets for pokemon. Secondley it fells good helping people, esiecially when I enjoy it.
I also like how you can make trainer cards on here. I don't know any other pokemon website that does that. ;D

The reason I first came to Pokecharms is simple, I was just looking for some decent Pokemon sites, and I fell in love with Pokecharms. ^^

The reason I kept coming back was for the trainer cards, and I've actually been using them for a while, and I just decided to join the forums.. And I think they're in fact really..well...fun.. I do love how you mods keep everyone in shape (Lol), and I love the discussions.. I'm trying to get more Pokefans to join, because this is probably the best Pokemon forum I've been to. You've also got a bunch of good sprite makers, artists, writers, and Poke experts here, so it's all good. ^^

Why do I come here?

1. Epic bannings thanks to Stellar, Pixiety, Doc, and Hypotenuse.
2. Actual advice for the game
3. Reading quality pieces of work in the art forums
4. Debating ignorant people in the debate forum.

Well, I came here because I saw a Trainer Card somewhere on the Internet and typed in the link and found my way over here and made a card. Then, I decided to have a glance at the forums and I swear my jaw almost fell clean off. People who can actually roleplay!!!! Most of the time I'm stuck with illiterates who only post like, five sentences and end their post like that and you don't have a clue about what's going on. Like, you people actually describe the character's feelings, and the area they're in, and when I was about to join, i looked at a few locked topics and almost fell out of my chair laughing at all of the epic bannings.

Even though you're strict, you have a reason to be with all of the n00bs in this world. Plus, TBA and Doctor Oak make the best comics. ;D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I used the trainer card maker a couple of times for fun, then realised there was a forum. Since so few of my friends play pokemon, it was nice to find lots of people who do!

What I like:

1. The Mod's senses of humor. It always makes me laugh
2. The 4th Gen WiFi forum - Great trades, plus without the poeple who've traded with me, I'd never complete my pokedex!
3. I like the atmosphere, I looked at other forums in the past and didn't like any of them. Either the content, grammer, or general conversation were lacking. Plus some forums layouts are terrible. I like the layout here.
4. The Doctors Clinic. Having not many friends willing to battle, my competitive battle skills are none existant. Everyone is so helpful there, my team will soon be up to scratch with the help I'm getting.
5. The artwork forum is wonderful. My sig is basically becoming a Jeydis advert, as I love her work so much! I love looking at all the sprites people do.

I don't think I can think of anything that I don't like here. My comp seems to struggle with the serve sometimes, but that's not the forum's fault... so I can't really think of anything.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I, like the vast majority of the people here, was pulled to Pokecharms by the Trainer Card maker. After messing around with it for a while and making some cards, I noticed there was a forum here too, where there were other fans of the Pokemon franchise like myself (there aren't many of us around my parts,) so I signed up. Also, I do agree with a lot of people here that some of the bannings are pretty epic and funny.

I came after wondering "how people got these strange cards" So I made a card and then realized there was a forum, too. The really funny bannings are also keeping me here because they're just fun to read. Grrrreat sprite makers and writers are fun to see also.

I enjoy coming here a lot for many reasons. :)

The main reason I come here is probably because I love Pokemon, and not a lot of other people I know do as well.
It's nice to be part of a community who shares at lot of the same interests as I do.
I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me there. ;D

...Also, I apologize if this is off topic, but I hope that people will start seeing me more around here. I've begun posting again whenever I have some free time. (Just wanted to throw that out there since I've been absent for quite some time now.)

My visit here was a few weeks ago, a visit to the trainer card maker section.

When i found out about the forum, I didn't signed up immediatly I first looked around the forum to see what it was. After a few days I signed up for the forums and started reading the rp and fiction section.

When i read some of the pokemon fan fiction, I wanted to read too. Because of that I kept coming back, but now I really like the forum in general. I learned alot of the pokemon games here, mostly related to online battling.

Though I wont post alot on the forums (I just dont post alot, no matter what forum, one forum im at least two years a member from and still didn't reach the 1000 posts), I try to let my posts make sense.

Like others I do really like the strictness, really makes this place feel like a professional place and still the atmosphere is great. :D

Thats why I got here and why I decided to keep coming back.

mostly for me i visit this site for the trainer card maker and for all of this MASSIVE information posted here...its the best pokemon site ive ever been too and the charges for spamming are good also*i H A T E SPAM!!!* and i hope to see pokemon platinum and the trainer card update too!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I came because Baratron invited me here. I stayed for teh lulz. Namely the hilarity in chat. :D

Despite rarely playing the game, I also like the Pokedex you folks have here. Because it's easy to get to through an existing bookmark. :p

[size=5pt]Necromancing because Sem said I could.[/size]

Originally, I just liked the site for the trainer card maker, but once I started posting, it wasn't the want to add to it that got me, it was all the friendly people here. Once I became a member, I loved almost everything I saw in the forum. There was constant activity, moderators who actually pay attention, and the chat to talk with almost anyone.

What hooked me, though, were the other spriters. On other sites you'd need to use your points to ask someone to make you something, but on 'charms you can just ask the spriter will try their best to have your dream become reality. I just love that so much. There is nothing here I would ever change even if I had the power to. Pokecharms is perfect as is.

I, like most people I think, came primarily because of the Trainer Card Maker. I'd had some experiance with another forum around 7 or 8 years ago, but I quit once the book series finished. However, since this forum is about one of my all time-long lasting loves, i.e. Pok​

What Pokecharm's means to me... Hm...

Pokecharms is the best place for me because, well... Everyone loves Pokemon(Which is pretty cool if not the best thing ever to happen to me.) here so I don't feel alone in my semi-retarded journey to hell I call life.

I also love it here because of the comunitiy[sp?] actually doesn't shun me and call me a little kid. So that give's me a good, fuzzy feeling in my cold, damp, dumpster I call a heart. It also rocked when ever I had a question, Linkachu helped me out no matter how stupid it seemed.

And that's why I love it here, so get used to my fatass being here.

I saw the pokecharms link on a trainer card and thought "I want one too!"
so i made myself one and joined the forums so i can use it :D
I came back coz im addicted to the forum games and i love pokemon :D

the reason I joined pokecharms was because I wanted to make my own trainer card!
You do realize you can make trainer cards, even as a guest?

I joined because I loved making the cards and saw the forum and thought it would be a fun thing to do.

EDIT: Plus I heard about the whole PalkiBlake thing, and thought of doing the forums because of him (*laughs maniacly*). But it's not the main reason, though.

Hmm.
Well, I first saw pokecharms when I was looking for a Trainer Card Maker. Also, I decided to join the forums, which have been great. Also, I can't wait for the new pokedex. It has in game cries ;D.

I admit that I joined because of the Trainer Card as well. Yes, you could make one as a guest, but I thought it would be fun to post something once in a while.

Then I saw that you could submit your own trainers, and I've been obsessed ever since. ;D

I came here becuase on the is other pokemon site im always on i saw my friend had this trainer card thing and i was like "DUDE WERE'D YOU GET THAT @_@?" so he told me to google pokecharms. And so i made my trainer card, then i got bored of just looking at my card for like 20 minutes so i just joined the forums lol.

I came here because a friend had told me the website. He also told me it is a good place to chat with pokemon fans. So I came and I learned that there is a lot of other things to do around here. Most of the time I'm bored so I come here to have a little fun!

I saw a link for a trainer card and came. I joined because I wanted to submit trainers. I stay here because it's fun to watch staff members (mostly Stel) ban/n00b spammers, n00bs, and overall idiots.

Not much to change, but if anything, a semi-advanced RP board, I get intimidated when people go and on with intros and put really great details when I simply wright for the action, the roleplaying, not so much the writing.