• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why didn't they ever make an evolution to Jynx?

In Generation II, they made pre-evolutions to Magmar, Jynx, and Electabuzz. I always thought those three Poke'mon as sort of a trio.

But in Generation IV, they made evolutions to Magmar and Electabuzz but not Jynx. Why did she get left in the dust? Out of those three, Jynx was my favorite.

Has anybody ever thought about that?

Yeah. I had been wondering that too. Might be because the pokemon artist/ creator (don't know his/her name) coudn't think of an evolution. Just a guess though. They may bring an evo in the next game/s, like they broung out that new form of Girateena. I hope they do. :D

Considering there is a member named Jynx on this site, I'm pretty sure you are wrong, Kadelylath.

As for why, Jynx has come under scrutiny for being racist and has a strange design to begin with. What would be next for it? And don't use the excuse that no one uses Jynx. No one uses Yanma or Tangela but they got evolutions...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
As almost all posts made by this 'kadelylath' individual have been insipid spammy trash, I have deemed it beyond help and sent it to hell in a handbasket.

As for why Jynx did not get an evolution? Beats me. However, considering what most of these new Gen4 evolutions look like, I am VERY happy that this is the case. Imagine a bulky armored Jynx with gun-arms... X_X

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
However, considering what most of these new Gen4 evolutions look like, I am VERY happy that this is the case. Imagine a bulky armored Jynx with gun-arms... X_X

That is the most disturbing picture ever, Stel. XD

However, they also made baby forms of other Pokemon, right? Besides Magby, Elekid, and Smoochum, there were Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff, just to name a few (unless those were the only ones). Of course, the other three completed the three-pokemon evolution line thingy. I guess the reason why Jynx didn't get an evo was because an evolution of jynx would either be pointless (like almost all the other 4th gen POkemon), or, like Stel said, would've been too ugly.

Or alternatively they could go the "it evolves into that?" route and have Jynx's evo look absolutely nothing like Jynx. Like how Octillery looks nothing like Remoraid. If I remember correctly Jynx borrows from Japanese mythology so maybe the evo could come from there.

Edit: Those typos were irritating me...I had to fix them.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem is one of the few Jynx fans, but I wouldn't disapprove of a decent evo. And I mean decent. Which makes me glad we didn't get one this gen. Considering how they shamelessly raped Electabuzz and Magmar. x_x Perhaps Gen V.

I always thought it came from Norse mythology. Skadi or Skuld or one of those goddesses.

I think the reason they didn't make an evo for Jynx was because of the controversy she raised. They probably didn't want to risk being accused of racism and all that jazz again.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I'm not so sure that's the reason. Porygon caused more controversy than Jynx ever did, but it still got 2 evos. xP

I, Rupert Lutz, Lord of Insufficient Light. Hold up my hand to say I am a fan of Jynx, not for how it looks, but for the sheer power it contains. Until recently, when it was replaced in my battle tower team for a starmie purely because its a little bit less of a glass cannon, Jynx used to be my main powerhouse and would OHKO pretty much everything that it came across, the only problem was that anything it didn't OHKO pretty much always landed the KO on it afterwards.

I think an evolution for Jynx would have been a bad idea in general, its recieved too much criticism in the past for how it looks (despite it being based on mythology) and short of making it slower but with higher defences, theres not much that could be done to Jynx without literally making it legendary, it has a base 115 special attack, thats only 5 less than Arceus. The only thing it needs is defences as its base 35 is pitiful.

Oh and as a note to leehage, I used to use Yanma! It was an awesome UU reversaller... Then they make Yanmega a special attacker... Stupid gamefreak!!!!

I don't think I made it clear in my first post but I am a fan of Jynx and it is in fact one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. I was heartbroken when the episodes focusing on Jynx were banned. It's pre-evo Smoochum is so cute. :) It's my absolute favorite baby Pokemon.

As far as Yanma goes I didn't like it till Yanmega came along. Giant ancient dragonflies rule!!

question: why was the episode focusing on Jynx banned?

and as for the Jynx thing, im in mixed feelings. im not such a big fan of Jynx, but I do love Smoochum. Plus, who knows? there are some creators out there with a big enough imagination to create a decent evolution for Jynx. I say, its a great challenge, and I might try to tackle it myself and make a fan-made Jynx evolution.

Although, the chances of me actually comming up with one is slim to none, but I've never stopped a train wreck from a'rollin anyways. ;D

As for why Jynx did not get an evolution? Beats me. However, considering what most of these new Gen4 evolutions look like, I am VERY happy that this is the case. Imagine a bulky armored Jynx with gun-arms... X_X

AAH! AAH! BURN IT!

Anyway, I don't really consider them to be a 'trio'. I never really used, (or obtained for that matter) A jynx at all. I mean, I caught Smoochum, but even that still gave me chills when it used Sweet Kiss. I just think that we should leave it be.

Actually, the thing is Jynx and Mr.Mime are supposed to go together basically. Jynx and Mr. Mime both have a pre-evo now so in the future they might decide on a further evo. I hope not though. I also hope they don't start whipping out like... 4th and 5th level evolved forms for pokemon that already have 3 stages cause that will just start getting rediculous.

question: why was the episode focusing on Jynx banned?
Because of the racial uproar that she provoked, black skin with large lips etc. They couldve remastered it with her purple skin me thinks...

I would emagine a classy evo, something like gardevoir, statuesque and such. A kind of Ice Queen theme :D

I dont think she got an evo this gen simply because they didnt want to make one, either for the racial reasons or because she is underused.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Except that Jynx already HAD purple skin by the time the anime reached this episode.

Honestly, I'm terribly amused by the fact that Jynx minor characters appeared in multiple episodes and no one cut THOSE off, but when an episode CENTERS around Jynx, it's racially controversial. Talk about idiocy and double standards.

But what can you expect of American dubbers. Twits, the lot of them. It's because of people like that we have things like Citramon. Or whatever they called teh BomberNanimon edit.

Eh, we americans are mostly afraid of being sued by uptight overprotective parents. I guess thats why they censor out anything that has racial or sexual things in it. Oh the Irony. The land of free speech, but we'll be damned if little Timmy sees racial suggestions on japanese anime.

...Then again, Pokemon is dubbed by 4kids. That should explain alot of censorship things too. ._.'

Except that Jynx already HAD purple skin by the time the anime reached this episode.

Honestly, I'm terribly amused by the fact that Jynx minor characters appeared in multiple episodes and no one cut THOSE off, but when an episode CENTERS around Jynx, it's racially controversial. Talk about idiocy and double standards.

But what can you expect of American dubbers. Twits, the lot of them. It's because of people like that we have things like Citramon. Or whatever they called teh BomberNanimon edit.
According to the screenshots I saw she has the black skin: http://www.serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml And yeah english dubbing is really bad when it comes to names >

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It wasn't just a name, actually. In that particular episode of that particular series, the monster-of-the-day was basically a giant ambulatory walking bomb who threw smaller bombs at this amusement park... And naturally, as Jetix/Disney are a bunch of twits, they had the monster badly painted over and turned it into a walking orange that throws smaller, equally explosive oranges. I kid you not. >>;

And huh. I guess Jynx was purplified after this episode... I was certain it was already purple. Ah well.

Yay for Americans and their extreme censorship and over-sensitivities!