• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who's getting 3DS at launch and what games are you buying~?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's 6 something AM. I'm bored. Let's talk about 3DS. :)

So, I've mentioned in other places I've pre-ordered the blue 3DS. From all the videos I've seen on the thing and articles I've read for it, I'm pretty excited to finally get my hands on one.

As for the launch games... My two targets for now are SSFIV and Nintendogs +Cats. SSFIV has a lot of nifty features that really show off the capabilities of the 3DS, and I think it's a great launch title to introduce some of the new technology. As for the new Nintendogs... It has puppies. And kittens. And extra features. I think. Regardless, I know I'll be buying it. My younger siblings will love it, too. :3

The games I'm looking forward to after launch... Definitely OoT, the new Paper Mario, and the new Animal Crossing. This 3DS Mario platformer also has me intrigued, and I'm sure it'll find its way into my game library someday.

I'm debating about getting it, after seeing the price of the enrollment deposit at the college I want to go to. That's why I haven't preordered it. However, if I get in, I will start saving for a black 3DS. This might take me a year or two, so it is probable that talk about the Pokemon 3DS game will start.

Secad said:
I'm debating about getting it, after seeing the price of the enrollment deposit at the college I want to go to. That's why I haven't preordered it. However, if I get in, I will start saving for a black 3DS. This might take me a year or two, so it is probable that talk about the Pokemon 3DS game will start.

Same here. I'll wait a year when prices go down, then I'll probably wait to see what all games come out for it. However, Kid Icarus and Paper Mario look like they could be fun, as well as Kingdom Hearts: Dream, Drop, Distance (or 3D).

However, I think I may have enough money saved up in my little piggy bank to get it, so I may get The Sims 3, Lego Star Wars III (yes I like building blocks >:I), and Rayman 3d.

I probably won't be getting a 3DS until sometime after the release date, perhaps a year or so, or until I can find a way to get enough money for it. I'd also like to see if there will be any new colors for it. It doesn't really matter though, since I probably be getting a blue one, if I can get enough money that is~

I'm really looking forward to Ninetendogs+cats and the new Animal Crossing, since I enjoyed the previous titles in both of those series. The idea of having both puppies and kittens sounds pretty fun, and adorable. The Animal Crossing looks pretty good too, the only thing I don't like are that the people and animals are taller. They're supposed to be short D:

I might be getting some other titles as they're released too, depending on how good they look, that is. If a Pokemon title comes out I'm definitely getting it~!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not getting a 3DS until the prices drop enough for me NOT to have to sacrifice a small goat to obtain one.

That is, probably in a matter of several aeons.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Will be standing outside GAME next Thursday evening to pick up my long pre-ordered 3DS, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Lego Star Wars III and, although I don't have it pre-ordered I'm planning to pick up Nintendogs either at launch or ASAP afterwards.

Really more interested in Resi Mercs, Zelda, StarFox, Kid Icarus and a bunch of titles coming later in the year than what's available at launch - but there's no way I couldn't not have the system right away.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
Will be standing outside GAME next Thursday evening to pick up my long pre-ordered 3DS...

Lucky. =(

I'm pretty sure that my EBGames isn't hosting a midnight launch, but I'm honestly not 100% sure on it (I'll need to look into that, but not getting my hopes up).

More than likely I'll be waiting around at noon the next day to finally get my own. *Fistshakes at late Sunday opening times*

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Yus, I've had mine pre-ordered for ages. I will be getting a pretty, shiny Aqua Blue one ♥

As for games, I don't plan on getting any of them straight away. I'm really only getting the 3DS for its awesome sounding features. It'll probably only see a couple of games aside from Pokemon, as my current DS has. I may take a look at Animal Crossing at some point though~

My DS has given me years of loyal service. 'Tis finally time it retired to being my Pokemon Transfer slave >:D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
3DS Get!

Wound up getting Street Fighter, Monkey Ball, Lego Star Wars and Nintendogs+Cats with it, as well as one of those 'starter pack' accessory kits.

So far, so great. Looking forward to adding everyone's friend codes when they pick it up. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
W00t! Grats, Alex. ;)

I'll definitely throw my friend code at you as soon as I get my 3DS in a couple of days. :)

Let me know how Monkey Ball is, because I was considering picking it up. I've liked what I've played of that series but have never actually bought one of the games before. :X

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
So far, it's just standard Monkey Ball fare. It'll definitely be a good time waster if you're out and about and need to kill 10 minutes or so. The motion control in it is cool, but temperamental, and kinda flubs the 3D effect too. I got mine purely because it was cheaper when buying with the 3DS, and I don't think I'd buy it at full price. So, it's up to you to define how much you're willing to spend on it, I guess.

Im chillin at the local gamestop for 3 days now, playing 3ds now and then.

So far I only played Lego Star Wars and Pilotwings.

Pretty cool stuff.
Will buy when games like paper mario come out and I got some spare money.
Streetfighter is also interesting because it has yun/yang in it and certain buffs/nerfs that arent on consoles yet.

I'm gonna get it when I have the money, I wanna get the new Street Fighter game, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Mario Kart (definitely), and the new Mario bros game for it. They say about the 3D can screw with your eyes, but then again, all you gotta do is just turn it off after a while (the 3D factor not the whole system unless you want to), I saw that you can make the level of 3D effect on the screens, which is AWESOME

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This was probably mentioned in the 3DS manual, but as Alex pointed out yesterday none of us bother to read the manual. So, if you're playing DS games on the 3DS and you dislike the stretched screen display, IGN did up a step by step guide to fixing your resolution.

They also noted something that many people have been worrying about re: 3DS being region locked:

Also remember that, while the 3DS is region-locked for 3DS games, it is not region-locked for DS games-- so if you have any Japanese DS imports lying around, you'll still be able to play them on your new system.

Oh... And yeah, I got my 3DS yesterday. It's pretty awesome, and not just due to the 3D. I've actually had my 3D turned off a lot of the time to conserve battery life. Just as I'd planned, I ended up buying Street Fighter and Nintendogs + Cats - golden retriever version. :)

If any of you want to exchange 3DS friend codes, drop me a PM~

I won't be getting it for a while. I'm broke for one. and also, there aren't really any games out at the moment that interest me enough. I'll be waiting until Zelda, Kid Icarus, etc. launch before thinking about picking one up. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it though. :p