• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who should of been in brawl

I honestly have nothing against any of the characters in brawl, even though I can't play as Luigi very well

I would like to see Knuckles in the game though...he woulda been the only character that could glide without wings...plus he would fit in perfectly with the likes of Ike, Bowser, and Ganondorf. He's also pretty important in the Sonic games...though I doubt that they would put two 3rd party characters in from the same franchise

Chuck Norris...that made me laugh...though if Nintendo was based out of America Chuck would defiantly be eligible

I can't give any good reasons for people to be taken out... So I'll just say who I wanted to see in Brawl.
Soren (from Fire Emblem for those of you who dun know).
Mewtwo with different controls would have been fine, too.
I agree with Akazu on Tails.

My opinion is... they should have left all the characters from Melee, added all the characters from Brawl (but they definitely should tweak some of the characters more to make them more different) and then if they were ABLE to, throw in more characters such as Bowser Jr, Shadow Mario, hell they could put Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to have another 2-person character or something. Or Wolf Link and Midna.

Thank you Vol (I know this was a while ago) Megaman! Not only him, but Zero, Bass, and Protoman as well. Megaman characters are classic fighters, they should undoubtetly be in the next smash bros. game. For all of you saying Falco Fox and Wolf are the same, you're wrong. All but wolf's Down B are different fom Fox's, and falco's is much bettr than before. Marth is NOT better than Roy, it is the opposite. Marth is NOT stronger, so they would be the same except for Roy using the fire element in his attacks making him better. Shadow should also be in this game, as well as Emerl (from Sonic Battle) and Silver (the most awesomest sonic character EVER). Mewtwo is better than Lucario, but I can see why Nintendo used him instead.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I think most of the characters in Brawl, at least, are incredibly well balanced. I think if you're bitching about how a character like Marth, Roy, or Ike are useless, you're clearly just not very good with them. I've used them all over the years. They are remarkable different characters, and all need different tactics to use. Which a lot of people don't understand. Additionally, a character is not just made by his B Smash attacks, so I agree that all the Star Fox characters (Fox, Falco, Wolf) are different.

As for characters I'd like to add... I'd've liked to see another Metal Gear character and another Sonic one.

For Metal Gear, I'd choose Grey Fox but he's an Assist Trophy, so doesn't count, so I'd like to see Revolver Ocelot. He would be anything but a Snake clone, and I believe his Colt 1911s could be put to very good use in Brawl. If not Ocelot, then I wouldn't mind seeing Raiden - preferably with both MGS2 and MGS4 costumes, and outfitted with his HF blade. I imagine some interesting moves could come out of that. And plus, everyone wants to kick the crap outta Raiden at least once. ^^

For Sonic... I'd probably choose Knuckles. Although some would argue that you couldn't have Sonic without Tails, I reckon Tails could easily just be a Sonic clone - although Knuckles could have the same problem - but Knuckles' fist attacks and his digging ability would probably make for some interesting moves. Yet another possibility is Robotnik, but he'd probably end up being "Just Another Heavy". We have too many Heavies already.

Marth is NOT better than Roy, it is the opposite. Marth is NOT stronger, so they would be the same except for Roy using the fire element in his attacks making him better.

*facelaptop*

Roy may be stronger per se, but he's a lot laggier...he needs to get in close for his strikes...any competitive Melee player will tell you that Marth is better, due to less lag, better speed, and better range...Roy is low tier for a reason...and FIRE making him better?! Roy's a lot cooler in my humble opinion, but when it comes down to tournament play, Marth has the edge...