• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who is your Favorite Disney Villain?

Because you know you have one :3

So, who is your favorite Disney villain? Disney's produced lots of good movies, most (if not all) containing a villain. Which one(s) stand out the most to you?

I'd have to say Hades from Hercules is my favorite. The movie was meh, but Hades is hilarious. And epic at the same time. He manages to be scary and funny simultaneously, which is not very easy. And his lines are insanely good. Check these out;

"We dance, we kiss, we schmooze, we carry on, we go home happy. What do you say? Come on."

"How sentimental. You know, I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."

"Oh, there's just one thing. You'll be dead before you can get to her. That's not a problem, is it?"

Priceless xD

So, your turn. Who's your favorite Disney villain?

Kaa the Snake. Definitely. So creepy, so alluring and seductive.

kaa1.gif

kaa2.gif

kaa3.gif

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, though, so Gaston has honorable mention.

Yes, the perfect way to tell of what I've been seeing on youtube recently. Disney really has it best when it comes to villains, but there is one villain, just one, that trumps them all.

Cruella De Vil
Cruella-De-Vil-B-web.jpg

The evilest devil that reminds you of that beast staring at you from underneath a rock. She is the craziest, mind-twisted villain that you will ever see in a kids movie. A demon completely bewitched by corruption and false beauty (which ironically rules the world now). Listen to this entire song to sum this devil up in a nutshell.

Are you not convinced yet? Fine.

Take a look at this picture of her in her famed car chase.
300px-cruella_de_vil.jpg

Look at it again

300px-cruella_de_vil.jpg

Now picture that face in real life.

Now try telling me she is not the #1 disney villain

I didn't think you could.
I rest my case.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
my favorite villain is between the hyeneas form the lion king, mostly because there just flat out hilarious& they were a hoot to face of kingdom hearts, and the close one is, like weeds, hades I love it when pegasus blows his hair out, aswell as his cruel hilarious streak ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oogie Boogie and Dr. Facliair. Both have addicting theme songs and have unforgettable commentary (Faciliar has a suave voice while Oogie is a bit darker but more humorous.

Oogie Boogie, forgot about him! The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie of all time, but I don't think it quite qualifies as a Disney movie, though Disney has the rights...

Weeds said:
I'd have to say Hades from Hercules is my favorite. The movie was meh, but Hades is hilarious. And epic at the same time. He manages to be scary and funny simultaneously, which is not very easy. And his lines are insanely good. Check these out;

Oh man, Hercules was pretty terrible. I expected it to cut out the bits about Hercules being a boy-loving murdering rapist, sure, I mean it was a phase. But really only Hades made the movie watchable. And that's just 'cause it was James Woods as Himself.

Personally I think Scar is the one who makes it awesome. He was jerky, and his only real crime was a bit of Fratricide, but it was just done with class and no self-delusion.

Scar from the Lion King, the end. I also do love Hades as well, so funny. Kaa from the Jungle Book makes me ill to this day, there's something creepy and child-molesty about him. Grody grody grody. I also like Gaston from Beauty and the Beast because of the ham.

I'M ESPECIALLY GOOD AT EXPECTORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATING

Well, I have a lot. Hades because of his lines, because hades always jokes talking lightly of things that should be extremely serious, which makes him humorous. Jafar and Maleficent, both for being the smartest disney villains, to the point of creating their own plots that didn't have to do with what they originally wanted, as well as doing this in other media than a sequence to the movie they were created, as well as incorporating villains from other movies on these new plans. Oogie Boogie because of his gambling acts, his dangerous toys, and the death risk explicit into everything that happens in his room. Scar because he was more like a corrupt politician, that would hire murders to kill his adversaries, but at the same time, he is so cautious (something no other corrupt politician is) and intelligent, and by the fact that he uses words to confuse his opponents, and thus weaken them. Doctor Facilier, for his charisma, his even more charismatic shadow, and the fact that even thought he is a main antagonist, he is under someone else orders (In this case some devilish entities, who may be just servants of a greater demon; which leads to his demise, as he coudn't pay the necessary price for one of the devils services), and . Cruela De Vil, for her being a representative of some the seven sins sins: greed, rage, etc. as well as by it's humanity, even thought she have exagerated negative aspects of personality. Chernabog, because of his epicness, the fact that he only don't govern the world because sun light is dangerous to him, and thinking better he may possible be Doctor Facilier boss. The Chesire Cat, because of his enigmatic personality and permanent grin, even thought I consider him more neutral than a villain. Gaston because he is so funny, and not only him, but almost everyone else in his town think his the best. Clayton, because he haven't shown nothing inhuman, to the point of existing true people worst than him. Pete, because he is a true contrast to Mickey, and both are epic. I guess that's it. Ciao.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Hmm. Must agree with Keleri on Scar =) He's so bad it's sexy. But I also love Maleficent, Cruella, and also Yzma from Emperor's New Groove =D If the live action Disneys count then I also adore Davy Jones and Beckett.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Maleficent and Hades, all the way (across the sky). Hades was hilarious for a villain, and Maleficent... well, she was the only Disney villain that was really sinister and had a scary edge. Even if Kingdom Hearts seemed to take that away from her, honestly. <<;

That and she was badass enough to say 'Hell' in a 1959 kids' movie!

I haven't even seen the movie, but Ratigan (from the Great Mouse Detective) seems pretty freaking awesome.

That said, my favorite Disney villain from a movie I've actually seen is Yzma, from the Emperor's New Groove. I love pretty much everything about that movie, and Yzma's just the icing on the cake.

On second thought, redact that sentence, if only because imagining anything with Yzma and icing is terrifying.

I agree with the majority of other 'Charmsians and am going to say Yzma, Scar and Hades were all really cool for Disney villains. I liked Jafar, but only because Aladdin is my favourite Disney film (for no reason, really, it's just my favourite) but Gaston from Beauty and the Beast gets a mention because that's my second favourite of the 'classics'.

Maleficent, definitely, because she was just that sort of evil that wasn't really for any particular reason. She was just a fairy who was pissed off that she didn't get invited to the party. Even though she doesn't look anything like a fairy. But I digress, Maleficent is badass.

However, as far as villainy goes, I have to mention Chernobog. Even though Disney didn't actually 'invent' him, he was still the only part of Fantasia that I actually enjoyed. And he made for an epic fight in Kingdom Hearts. (plus, he's in American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Oh, hell yes :3)

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
Maleficent and Hades, all the way (across the sky). Hades was hilarious for a villain, and Maleficent... well, she was the only Disney villain that was really sinister and had a scary edge. Even if Kingdom Hearts seemed to take that away from her, honestly. <<;

That and she was badass enough to say 'Hell' in a 1959 kids' movie!

Ah! Remenbered something. The ones who ruined Maleficent weren't the kingdom hearts staff. In Kingdom Hearts she still is as much as villainous as in the movies. The media that screwed her was the TV show House of the Mouse. One episode was dedicated entirely in Hades trying to call her for a Date. And in the movie Mickey House of Villains, have you seen the valley girl pose she does when transform to her dragon form? And then Chernabog comes with a pickup line to her. To resume, disney turned their most epic villains into jokes, going as far as stating in one episode, that Chernabog fear being alone in the dark! Blasphemy! (Is that how it's written?)

Hercules's Hades was awesome in that it was James Woods being himself. This works for me and he was the bright spot in an otherwise embarrassing movie.

However for my favorite Disney villain, I'm going to have to say it's a hard choice, there's so many great picks.
440px-helmutzemo_head.jpg

His father was a Nazi who fought against Captain America. This is his son, who for a long while was also a Nazi who fought Captain America. I think he eventually dropped the nazi bit. He's most famous for, in a time when most heroes were busy in another dimension (don't ask) he got a band of Supervillains together and they all pretended to be heroes. But then they ended up being better at being heroes than they were ever as villains. Eventually Zemo "died" but... was sent across time instead. This method of returning from the grave would become popular enough for Captain America and Batman to both use it later.

Pwnster2468 said:
Doofenshmirtz. Nuff' said
Well played.

HOWEVER the greatest threat owned by Disney is clearly that fiendish miscreant, SPIDERMAN! Who has constantly been a poor role model under the guise of being a"Vigilante" and he regularly clashes against the police. He's clearly a menace and anybody who disagrees hasn't read the Daily Bugle enough.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm pretty sure that when most people think of Disney Villains, they think of DISNEY villains and not MARVEL villains. Even if Disney bought out Marvel in what is probably the biggest fucking bullshit move in the history of existence. You know. Disney movie villains as opposed to corporations they bought out in their corporate-monster quest to consume everything.

You know what, the biggest Disney villain is the damn corporation itself.

Haha. Well said my friend, well said. Even 4Kids think that.But 4Kids still a more evil villain. And about you, zodberg, why the hell to you think these are Disney Villains? Buh-bye.

You know what, the biggest Disney villain is the damn corporation itself.

Nice.

I must say I completely forgot about Chernabog and Prince John. While neither reach the same status of awesomeness as Hades, both deserve a mention here. I actually haven't seen Fantasia, but I've played through Kingdom Hearts. Chernabog was an epic boss, and a pretty hard one at that. His mega erupti-flame attacks were devastating. Prince John, on the other hand, is not very epic. He's greedy, egoistic and cowardly. But he is hilarious. He makes me laugh loudly every time I see that movie (first time I was even wiping away tears from my eyes :'D). His lines are PRICELESS.

Oh, and about you, snetonobre, don't be so mean to a guy that's just saying his opinion. It seems as if you didn't read Stel's entire post.
Even if Disney bought out Marvel in what is probably the biggest fucking bullshit move in the history of existence. You know. Disney movie villains as opposed to corporations they bought out in their corporate-monster quest to consume everything.
If you would have, zodberg's argument would have seemed more valid.

Sorry, just trying out the whole mod thing (thought it was all right cause it was my thread...)

Sorry, I didn't meaned to be mean. I was surprised, not offensive. Even Axel in kingdom hearts chains of memeries says "Give me a hell of a show!". I hope you undesrtand that I didn't tried to be mean. It was just a way of showing I was surprised. I think it would help if I started to use emoticons.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Weeds said:
Sorry, just trying out the whole mod thing (thought it was all right cause it was my thread...)

Weeds, You have no mod privileges on PokeCharms and most likely you never will have any here. So no, it's NOT all right. Refer to the Enforcement section of the rules: mini-modding is frowned upon.

Anyway, the argument is still invalid: While Disney holds the rights to the Marvel characters, they are still that - Marvel characters. They weren't created by Disney, most of them were around long before Disney bought Marvel, and therefore it's hardly right to call any of them "Disney" Villains. It almost feels like zodberg's post was kind of a trolling attempt, even if it wasn't intended as such.

But back on topic. You're not the only one who forgot Chernabog. The lack of general PLOT in Fantasia kinda does that. >>;

Stitch. Under a technicality. Stitch started off evil, and he certainly made Nani and Lilo's life less bearable, and his crazy shenanigans even almost broke their family apart. Even if he did end up turning good and fixing the messes he made, that's fairly evil right there.

But if I had to pick a formal Disney Villain, It would either be Maleficent or Frollo. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a villain that has a lovely musical theme to go with him/her.

Maleficent is just hot; The way she moves around all clam and dignified, yet spares no quarter for the insolence of her minions. She dooms the daughter of the king to die by the needle of a common sewing appliance, and all just because she didn't get invited to a party. Oh, and she also gets a smexy theme every time she's doing something evil.

My other choice would be Frollo. Much like Maleficent, he is a petty villain who nearly destoryed Paris in flames because he was madly in love with Esmeralda, and having his love unrequited, attempted to kill her off as well. Nasty stuff. And much like Maleficent, Frollo has some lovely music of his own in the form of Hellfire.

I'm pretty sure that when most people think of Disney Villains, they think of DISNEY villains and not MARVEL villains.
I am not most people.

Even if Disney bought out Marvel in what is probably the biggest fucking bullshit move in the history of existence..

Explain?
It worked out beneficial for all parties involved since Marvel was working up on starting their own film company to receive profits directly, but merging with the Disney-source they tapped into an established production studio with tons of existing resources out the wazoo. It hasn't made any impact on the comics at all and the adapted material has been flowing non-stop.

it mirror how DC is owned by AOL-Time-Warner.

Yet, they are not disney villains. We all agree, that since disney didn't created then, they shouldn't be considered "disney" villains. Who really think they are disney villains. If any marvel character appears in a disney movie/cartoon/comic I'll kill myself and give you a billion dollars. Until then, let's simple agree they are not disney villains. Buh-bye.

snetonobre said:
We all agree, that since disney didn't created then, they shouldn't be considered "disney" villains.

Disney has more right to claim Marvel villains than the bulk of villains listed in this thread, who are mostly created over a hundred years ago and are public domain!

Now if you want to limit me to characters created since Disney was purchased by Marvel December last year, then.... it's limited since Marvel doesn't create new villains when they can reinvent old ones, but I think Lord Mar-Vell has to be the most interesting one. A version of Captain Marvel from an evil universe where life grows without death to keep it in check.

Of the typical Disney villains, I'm going with...
Well, Maleficent is a kind of awesome that doesn't come around anymore. She was as much a moving visual effect as she was a solid structure.

snetonobre said:
Yet, they are not disney villains. We all agree, that since disney didn't created then, they shouldn't be considered "disney" villains. Who really think they are disney villains. If any marvel character appears in a disney movie/cartoon/comic I'll kill myself and give you a billion dollars. Until then, let's simple agree they are not disney villains. Buh-bye.

Why do any of you even bother arguing his point? It's such a stupid point for him to try to prove that it's not worth it.

zodberg said:
Disney has more right to claim Marvel villains than the bulk of villains listed in this thread, who are mostly created over a hundred years ago and are public domain!

Do YOU even know what you're talking about? They might be generic, but Disney made them famous. Oh, crap, I took the bait.

Anyway, I can't believe no one else likes Kaa! Or Ursula! :o

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Don't feed the trolls guys :V Let's gear this back towards the original discussion.

In my opinion, Scar is the best/my favorite Disney villain. He both has an awesome design and voice, as well as sanity. He knew what he wanted, and he did it in a way that was logical and least likely to be discovered.

Not to mention his songs are awesome!

Nevertheless, even though he wasn't exactly a villain, Gantu from Lilo and Stitch is pretty awesome.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sem said:
and also Yzma from Emperor's New Groove =D

This. So much. Yzma might not be the scariest or evilist of the villians, but lord is she hilarious with lots of great one-liners. XD

And Scar was pretty good. He had a lot of personality, although not nearly as much as the hyena trio. I ♥ those guys.

Might as well review most of the villains...

Scar: I think he has the coolest design in the whole movie. They pretty much lion-ified villainy: skinny, dark colors, long snout, dark color scheme... And he's so elegant all the while. And his voice actor is awesome.
Gaston: He's probably like, the most obnoxious villain ever. But also awesome in that. He has the entire town on his side, and it really gives him a different tone than the other villains. Probably why he isn't a boss in Kingdom Hearts.
Jafar: Oh Aladdin. Jafar is... cool. Long fingers, genteel words, mesmerizing cane... But under that, a temper. He's a surprisingly human villain, and he turns into a giant snake. Yay. Also, one of his House of Mouse appearances was hilarious.
Ursala: Was Ursala just a whishy-washy villain to you guys or something? I think she's the reason I don't like octopi and squid. She makes deals with you as the devil. And she's one of the few villains who aren't skinny. ...She might be the only one in Disney...
Maleficent: She's awesome. Taunting, laughing, green fire! A dragon form! Yes!
Hades: Lord of the Dead. Disney-fied into pretty much Satan, although he was more neutral in mythology. I lurve his fire-hair. And he's James Woods.
Dr. Facillier: Or how ever you're supposed to spell it. He's awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Shadowman! CRAZY VOODOO. I love that movie, and he's pretty dang evil.

Yeah.

Linkachu said:
Yzma might not be the scariest or evilist of the villians, but lord is she hilarious with lots of great one-liners. XD

"Ooh, I know...I'll turn him into a flea...Yes, a harmless little flea... Then I'll put that flea in a box. Then I'll put that box in another box. Then I'll mail the box to myself, and when it arrives--AH HAH HAH!--I'll SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT! ...Or, to save money on postage, I could just poison him...with THIS!"

SlowPokemon said:
Linkachu said:
Yzma might not be the scariest or evilist of the villians, but lord is she hilarious with lots of great one-liners. XD

"Ooh, I know...I'll turn him into a flea...Yes, a harmless little flea... Then I'll put that flea in a box. Then I'll put that box in another box. Then I'll mail the box to myself, and when it arrives--AH HAH HAH!--I'll SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT! ...Or, to save money on postage, I could just poison him...with THIS!"
I admit; Yzma is hilarious as well.

Hades and Maleficent were good ones too; Maleficent was so awesomely EVIL in Kingdom Hearts AND the Main movie(s).

So, yeah. ♥

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My vote goes to Frollo who started The Hunchback of Notre Dame by murdering a woman and almost drowning her baby were it not for the intervention of a priest. His villain song is about how he wants to rape Esmerelda or set her on fire if she resists. And not just any fire, HELLfire! He then burns down Paris attempting to find her. Oh, did I not mention that he also attempted genocide on the Gypsies? Well he did.

Near the end of the movie Frollo also attacks a church that he should have known not to mess with and tries to kill the boy he had been raising for the last 20years. I don't know about you, but it takes a special kind of villain who would so remorselessly attempt to murder someone who should be like your son. And let's not forget that his final battle theme is put to ominous Latin chanting. Do other Disney Villains get ominous Latin chanting? Didn't think so. As Clopin so precisely put it, "He saw corruption everywhere, except within."

Now put him in Kingdom Hearts already so he can brand Sora a witch! >:D

Ohh yeah, I didn't remembered he was so evil. But it makes sense he wanted Quasimodo dead, he never loved him. He just raised him because the priest said to don't kill it, and only with the condition the boy would live in the church, hidden from the community, and far from Frollo's house.