• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who do YOU play as in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?*possible spoiler warning*

Who do you fight as?

• Mario

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Peach

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario

• Luigi

• Pikachu

• Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Falco

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • *gasp*Wolf

• Link

• Toon Link

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Zelda/Shiek

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Ganondorf

• Kirby

• Meta knight

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • King Dedede

• Diddy Kong

• Donkey Kong

• Samus/Zero Suit Samus

• Ice Climbers

• Ike

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Marth

• Lucas

• Ness

• Captain Olimar

• Captain Falcon

• Solid Snake

• *gasp*R.O.B.

• Mr. Game and Watch

• Sonic

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • *gasp*Jigglypuff

• Total voters
I do use the Ice Climbers for some of my custom stages that have a lot of ice in them because they don't get stuck in a position when I try to stop a dash

also, there's this one stage where I always use Toon Link because in low gravity his dair can hit about 10-15 times without touching the ground (and he smashes them into spikes ;D)

OK,pay no attention to my first post. I recently tried out every single character and I have a new best-Diddy Kong. I don't really know why I am good with him, except for the fact that with his final smash I am like a killing machine.

I mainly use kirby because that's the character I'm best at. I've used kirby since Super Smash Brothers Melee. But my second most used character is Yoshi, he's my favorite. Then third is probably Link.

Snake is AWESOME! He's the best! I almot always play as him, PLAY! *eye twitches*
I also like Gandorf for his Imense power and Zero-suit Samus for her speed and sweet combo attacks. ;D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My main in Brawl is Meta Knight. I like his aerial game as well as the speed of his attacks, plus Mach Tornado is evil.

My second is Zero Suit Samus. My main in Melee was Samus, and for Brawl she got nerfed to the point where I could no longer use her at all. Fortunately, Zero Suit Samus was available to fill the void, and her speed combined with decent KO power is what I like most about her.

Surprisingly, I don't use Lucario at all. The reason why is simple: I just can't kill anything with him at all unless he is on 125% or more, which is very annoying.

My Main is Pokemon Trainer, mainly due to Charizard (honestly, my favorite Pokemon get's into Brawl and you expect me to not play as him), plus I think it's cool to go from a light character (Squirtle) to a heavy character (Charizard) when both you and your opponenet have a high damage meter.

My Second is Sonic, because I'm a bit of a Sonic fanboy and I just think it's awesome how fast he goes. I especially like it when my brother uses Snake and get's a Final Smash, then I just run back and forth with Sonic, rarly getting hit by a grenade. Then, when the final smash is finished and if I haven't been hit I use Sonic's :Your too Slow, taunt. I love that.

My third is Pikachu, simply because I used him alot in the first Smash Bros. and Melee mainly because he was the Pokemon the prefered to play as, I still use him every now and again, when I'm not playing as Pokemon Trainer or Sonic.

i mainly use lucario, man love him and his moves, ability and final smash
then sonic/meta knight i love there speed and moves and mate knight's flying power
then between captain falcon/wolf/yoshi/marth/Pokemon trainer there all characters i use for subspace or to kick my brothers butt.

i use marth,star wolf,capn falcon for his elec knee attack and speed,and lucario

67f79a283491dfffb10be9b5a86a127e.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mainly, I play as Sonic. Oddly, his Final Smash is the only one I can control well. Other than that, his speed always does great against anyone. Sure his moves aren't that powerful, but his blurring agility gets me away from enemies before they hit back.

Other than that, I play as Lucario (because of his ability), then Meta Knight after that, and for the same reason as Sonic.

Me and my friend made up a system where you use 4 people from 5 categories (Speed, Skill/anyone with a sword Strength, Projectile, and Balance) we agreed to not use balance, and my team turned out to be: Skill:Meta Knight(my fav other than Bowser)
Strength:Wolf(I know he isn't really strength but we decided they couldn't be from melee and he took Dedede)
Projectile:pit(it used to be Lucario and I might change back)
Speed:Toon Link
In Melee it's Roy, Bowser, Mewtwo, and Falco respectively.

P.S. I use a gamecube controller for brawl

I play Falco. Since I don't own a Wii Console or the game (yet) I based my choice off of Melee and how great I am with using Falco on that game even though the majority of his attacks have been changed.

My fave character to play as is Fox.I love his kick move and the Landmaster is just too cool.Every once in a while I play as MetaKnight,because of his drill attack.

Snake,Ike,Kirby,Luigi and pokemon trainer because of their final smash (kirby because of the inhale move)
Kirby and Ike's final smashs miss when i use them

Bowser, definitely, he's a friggen tank! I also have a weakness for playing anything that's not human. Being human is such a drag!

Secondly and others are;
Sonic - You're too slow!
Wolf - I guess I like him just because he's not afraid to tap into that feral side of himself.
Lucario - Lucario can take a beating, and dish it back twice as hard, who doesn't love that?
Fox - Like Wolf's polar opposite, he remains in control, yet kicks ass just the same. ^^

I usually play as Meta Knight, mainly because of how quick his moves are. I've finally started to learn how to use his "B" moves properly, so I'm much better with him now than I used to be. I'm still trying to get better at my accuracy, because half of my attacks end up missing others.

Next in line for me is Lucario. I just kind of like his moves generally. I just recently learned about how he does more damage when he is hurt more, so that makes me like using him even more. I also love his counter move. Saved me more than a few times.

Third on my list is Toon Link. I just seem to be able to control him easily, AND hurt others badly in the process. Can't get better than that!

Runners-up would be Pokemon Trainer, Yoshi, Pikachu, Pit, and Luigi.

Main- Mario

Secondary- Lucario

Alternate(s)- R.O.B, Falco, Meta Knight, Pit, and Wolf

Those are who I use...Mario never gets old but I think he PWNED more in Melee. Maybe it's just me.

^^ I can finally post here

I really like fighting as Marth with my alternates as Zelda, Pit, and Yoshi. I'm not very good yet and the list is subject to change. I want to be good at using Ness and Luigi as well.

Sonic

Yes, I am the annoying hedgehog that'll spin at you untill you throw the controller and curse at me xD I really like him, his speed, his super high jump and his B + down is win, and his Smash move is awesome, too xD

Always ran right to them and slammed them into a wall and kill them that way ^_^

Second would be MetaKnight, he's quick and again -- his jump is awesome. I love doing combo attacks with both of these characters, Though, I dislike Meta's smash attack, I fail at that horribly xD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
When I do play (which is rarely) I'm one of these people who just pick characters because they're based on things I like, with no mind for strategy or power.

Fox because Foxes are my favourite animal.
Captain Olimar because he uses PIKMIN!

Usually I use Captain Falcon. Why? One, he's the most annoying character to fight against because he talks so much and I use that to my advantage. Two, I am a master of the FALCON PAWNCH. Three, he's the Chuck Norris of Nintendo.

And then after that I use Wolf because he's like the Bruce Lee of Nintendo.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I've been branching out properly recently, and now I can use Marth, Wolf, Sonic, Pit and Zelda fairly well. I'm still patchy as Sheik and Lucas.

My list changed ^^

Now I have four mains: Marth, Fox, Lucario, and (Fallen Angel) Pit. I also really like using Meta Knight and will branch out someday

I like Peach, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Olimar, Ice climbers, and a lil' bit of Metaknight(not alot) and Pokemon Trainer.

Peach got me 9th in a tourny, Olimar got me 4th, and Jigglypuff got me 5th.