• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who do YOU play as in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?*possible spoiler warning*

Who do you fight as?

• Mario

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Peach

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario

• Luigi

• Pikachu

• Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Falco

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • *gasp*Wolf

• Link

• Toon Link

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Zelda/Shiek

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Ganondorf

• Kirby

• Meta knight

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • King Dedede

• Diddy Kong

• Donkey Kong

• Samus/Zero Suit Samus

• Ice Climbers

• Ike

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Marth

• Lucas

• Ness

• Captain Olimar

• Captain Falcon

• Solid Snake

• *gasp*R.O.B.

• Mr. Game and Watch

• Sonic

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • *gasp*Jigglypuff

• Total voters
Since there is already a "Which character do you play as in Super Smash Bros Melee?" poll,i thought that since Brawl just came out,i thought this was an appropriate topic.I personally use Ike quite well,abusing his Up+B special.And,occasionally,i may use Game and Watch.

Well when I get Brawl which you forgot to put Sonic in the list as well as Star Wolf I in Melee mainly play as my man Link he's my favorate character to play as and when I get Brawl I'll most likely going to play as Sonic the Hedgehog

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I will be playing as Marth just like before... Though Lucario shows much promise with that little ability of his...
as is, I've been asked "Why don't you DIE?!" on many occasions... so Lucario will make that fun. ;D

While I'm here...

Wolf's name is NOT Star Wolf!!! It is Wolf O'Donnell! Star Wolf is collective amongst his comrades, the TEAM name. Just like Peppy, Slippy and Fox are all part of Star Fox.
I've heard so many people calling him "Star Wolf" lately I had to yell that in the next person's face...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I SHALL force my friend to buy SSBB within the next 10 days...

Until then, I'm not too sure who I'm going to play. Most likely Pikachu or Fox/Falco, as they're my best character. If not Pika or Falco/Fox, then I'll most likely be Kirby, Zelda, Link, or Lucario.

since I don't have ganon/toon link/ROB, I alternate between Ike (power), Pit (moves), and Marth (I can do his dancing blade for the first time :D)

so yeah, Ike is fun because he just blows everyone away with his side smash, Pit because I'm most comfortable with his moves, and finally, Marth because his Dancing Blade is pretty good when I get all way through

I've always been killer as Shiek but with her speed reduced, I'm hoping to play around with Sonic (whenever I can unlock him x.X) . Right now though, I gotta say that Pit is in my top spot. I never expected him to be, but I just like playing him.

I mainly play as 3 people, but the character I'm best at is Toon Link. His Down+B is great.

I also play as Ganondorf, and Lucario (Of course, as a pokemon fan)

BTW, I'm back o.0

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Well... My prediction was right, but it turns out I like Lucas as well

PK freeze is nice for multiman Brawls, and also for Edge guarding ;P

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. As things stand -now-, Pokemon Trainer is my most used character. I just love the variety between the three Pokemon, and actually playing as them is always a plus.

Things might change as time goes on, though, and I unlock the other characters. Looking forward to testing out Lucario =)

Regarding to the posts about Lucario:
I have used him,he is an (overall) good character,with some flaws.For one,his final smash is short,and not
too good.Another is his ^ + B move.I would have liked some damage for that matter.A HUGE thing with Lucario is that he plays alot like mewtwo.You heard me.In a good way though,his ability helps ALOT.

Regarding to Psylark:
If you use toon link,why not use link >> They're the same goddamn thing.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OBJECTION!

Toon Link and Link may have identical moves, but they still differ. Toon Link is faster and has a higher jump, which is what made me a fan of Young Link over Link in Melee. Its just the playing style's and which people prefer to use.

For the record, other than Peach, Game and Watch, and Zelda; I'm getting into Dedede as well as R.O.B.

Pokemon Trainer is good for bosses because of Charizard's side b move, but now that I have Ganon and ROB, I still like Ike most, but It's always fun to have a Snake battle with my bro

I just got home from a party that was pretty much nothing but SSBB.
One person used Link and Toon Link.
I didn't really play too much, but I did use Wolf, Poke'mon Trainer, and Lucario.
I was semi-surprised at how heavy Lucario is. I had heard he was going to be a light character, but apparently not. Mid-weight, not bad.
Pfft. The more damage, the stronger his attack. hehe

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, I just played SSBB yesterday at my friend's house. Looked like she bought it before the 10 days were up.

Anyways, I noticed that the Pokemon Trainer was really hard to control for me, I got beaten twice by my beginner SSBB player friend when I played Zelda/Sheik (yes, she is a beginner, and if she's reading this, I say sorry to her). She wouldn't let me be Link no matter what, so yeah, I don't know about my pottential with him yet.

But I seriously pwned her with Pikachu five times, beat her once with Fox, and unlocked Ness with Pika, too.

Yes, Pikachu is the best character for me ever since the original SSB game for the Nintendo 64. If I could change my vote from Falco to Pikachu, I would.

I was semi-surprised at how heavy Lucario is. I had heard he was going to be a light character, but apparently not. Mid-weight, not bad.
They probably made him a mid-weight over a lightweight because he is a Steel type,n' stuffs.BTW,Lucas/Ness's final smashes are easy to dodge,and they just come in at random spots IMAO.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been finding recently, after playing more WiFi games and SSE, Diddy Kong is pretty well my ideal character. Handles well with a good balance between weight, speed, and power, has both short distance and long distance special B attacks, and a few charge up attacks when you have an extra moment to pull 'em off. I like his standard A/Smash attacks quite a bit, too... just not when he gets locked in swiping his tail at air >_>

Otherwise, in random WiFi matches I tend to rotate between Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Yoshi, Meta Knight and Bowser. I still have yet to unlock Luigi, Sonic, or Lucario, but I'd like to test out all three.

Also, so far for me, Falco > Fox. I just find Fox too fast and perfer the added weight of Falco. It'll be interesting to see where Wolf falls...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. I have most all of the characters unlocked now, and I'm quite happy with how Lucario plays... which is funny really, because I never cared for Mewtwo Melee-wise. Sonic is also cool to play, and not just because he's Sonic. He actually plays half-decently, lol.

Lucas is by far my best character, which is really cool... given that Mother 3 is my favorite game ever. P: Seriously, Lucas is fantastic. Powerful smashes, useful B moves, and a FS that's killer in free-for-alls.

I use Kirby, Luigi, and Lucario. Its fun using Luigi's Final Smash when you're in the air. The FS travel down with you attacking more People. Kirby's awsome. Final Smash best used up high. Kirby's Side b move in air is better.

Well I like to use Peach, Donky Kong, Bowser, or Kirby. For some odd reason I am really good with Peach. At first my brother and I wanted use Fox. Yet he is just too fast. We would try to do a move, and he would just shoot off the screen and die. Lol, me and my brother were like, "O___O Okay then, by." xD. He just got really annoying, really fast.

I'm a Lucario main...and no, I don't play with FS's, so it's hard for me to judge how good it is...lifestyle of a pro ^_^

Anyway, out of curiousity...what's up with "*gasp* Wolf/Jiggs/ROB"? Is it THAT big of a deal that they made it? Either way, it would appear to show bias against them, but that's just my opinion *shrugs*

@BlueMeadow: Fox has always been hard to control XD...it takes a bit of time...he was much harder to handle in Melee...he got nerfed this time around, but he's still decent...

Fox handles the exact same. Just a couple of changes in moves (very minor ones). Falco still wins, after playing the mission he comes on in, that and some of his moves have changed for the better. He still handles the same, better moves now and a way better jump now. All he could use improvement on is his Final Smash. I want an Arwing Damnit. No nerf on Fox. None what so ever.

Anywho, I've found Ike, Marth, Sonic, Lucario, Falco, Fox, Pokemon Trainer and, Pit workable. Ones that I'd actually use online though, Falco, Ike, Marth, Lucario, and Pit. I find most of those characters nicely balanced.

I still wnat to play as Toon Link and Wolf. haven't unlocked those two yet, but fropm what it looks like, Toon Link will be complimenting my style and Wolf just rules. Not like Falco. Falco still beats all. But regardless, Toon Link and Wolf, I'm really looking forward to unlocking.

I love using Meta Knight in regular brawls since he has a lot of quick damage dealing attacks. However I don't use him much in subspace boss battles since they are huge, and he is tiny.

Snake is one of my favourites because he isn't huge and slow but his attacks act like it.

Wow... it was just too hard to choose just one. Had to go back to my old standby of Kirby. I often rotate through quite a few different ones though. I use Toon Link, Lucario, Peach, Pokemon Trainer, Ganondorf, Zelda, Mr Game and Watch, and Pikachu.

I was an absolute God with Marth on Super Smash bros. Melee, which always bothered me because while he was agile and quick, and fun to play as, he wasn't any fun as a character.

in SSBB, Marth seems a little slow to react for me; but Mario seems to have improved exponentially. I go him in his Fire Mario costume most often, and it's really fun and I seem to be really good with him.

Recently, though, I've been playing as Lucas and being quite good. He's my new favourite character to play as, so I voted Lucas.

Toon link rules. I always did like Wind Waker, anyway. I mostly play as him because he has the same move as Link but in my opinion looks cooler, but I also like the fact that he's faster and falls slower, plus his boomerangs better maneuverability.

I also play as bowser whenever I need a good laugh. It's easy to get funny screenshots with him.

Jigglypuff.

Yah.

Actually, Jigglypuff is a great character, and I happen to own with Jigglypuff. Just ask otter above me.

Meta Knight because of his hard hitting but powerful attacks.

---

cf2f2c6fd26bb5e12b83a38a9b366bd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Who thinks Jiggly is bad? Obviously someone who has never been on the recieving end of a Wall of Death.

I don't really a main at the moment but I'm getting better with Game and Watch, R.O.B., Marth, and Snake.

Even though CF is my favorite character, I seem to be better with Meta Knight. He is he has a lot of moves that are good for multiple hits that do a lot of damage. Also, my specialty in the SSB series is stamina, and Meta Knight's wings help with that.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My friend hasn't unlocked all of the players yet, so I played the SSBB at church, which has all the unlocked characters.

Anyways, I figured that I'm pretty good with Pikachu (still), but because he's overused at church so much, I changed to Lucario. Even though I'm not that good with him yet, I can still use him pretty well. He's a bit hard to control, though, in my oppinion.

Then, when I played as Falco or Fox, I commited suicide, like, three times, thanks to the side b move. I don't think I'm that good with them.

On to some other characters. Well, I played as Pit a few days ago at my friend's house. Why? For one thing, my friend uses Pit in every single brawl, and she's really cheap with him. Second, I just wanted to use a character that I've never used yet. So I used Pit, and at first I tried to be cheap like her. I found out that that wasn't the best fighting style to me, so I reverted back to actually planning my moves a bit. Beat my friend in about a minute or so.

Then, there's the last person that I've used. Sonic. Even though he's good, his fighting style just isn't... me. So I don't really like him much.

So, all in all, after trying out more characters, I have decided that my best character is still Pikachu (probably from years of using him from the original SSB to SSBM to SSBB), and my second best is Lucario.

Then, when I played as Falco or Fox, I commited suicide, like, three times, thanks to the side b move. I don't think I'm that good with them.

You know, you can stop short by pressing B after you hear the "Whoosh" sound.

My best is Luigi, solely because his special usually leaves the opponents easy pickings afterward. Also, becaus I beat my, quite cheap "friend" with him. (He bans, characters, you have to UNLOCK the characters, he gets REVENGE on you, which usually involves you getting Final Smashed, and a load of other cheap stuff. He's not my friend anymore.)

My second best is KIRBY because I can recover pretty well with him, thanks to the puffing ability. Also, cook Kirby usually destroys if used up high enough.

Ice Climbers,i enjoy the fact they have the ability to protect themselves from two sides fairly easily

that and two hands to try to get an item can be really helpful if it's a pokeball or somtin...

and they seem to be the easiest to get a smash ball with,maybe it has somthing to do with the fact they hit it twice....