• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who are your original pokemon?

Who are your orginal pokemon?
Original pokemon are the first six pokemon you have obtained in your first game. Only pokemon you captured, not traded ones. Heres an example (MY original pokemon from pokemon platinum):
Turtwig
Shinx
Zubat
Machop
Onix
Ponyta
Oh, and make sure you put them in capured order. Bye now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear God...I have to remember all the way back to '98 on this one.

Red:
Charmander
Pidgey
Nidoran M
Caterpie
Magikarp
Abra

I had to check back through my old RB guidebook, but I remember not catching Rattata, Spearow, Mankey, Weedle(and evos), Pikachu, Geodude, Clefairy, Zubat, or Nidoran F(I didn't like those Pokemon at the time, and I completely despised Pikachu with my entire being.)

....... I'm trying to remember. I wish I could've seen where my Fearow, Onix, and Wooper would've been had I not finished. Oh well.

The earliest I can remember are from Yellow, and I'm so ashamed of this.

Pikachu
Pidgey
Caterpie
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle

Oh how I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.

Oh dear...theres no way I can possibly remember what my original team was back in yellow..I'll put crystal since I think I ran through yellow with only Pikachu(don't hurt me... :'( I was only 5, the elite four destroyed me)...Anyways:
Cyndaquil
Sentret
Bellsprout
Sandshrew (I think..)
Scyther
Miltank
...Whitney killed me several times but I managed to defeat her. Many battles later. Not the greatest but I was rather young, I'm not even positive if that was my original team. I THINK it was, I know the first 3 are for sure.

Okay, It was Yellow version, so it shouldn't be too hard to recall. This was also the only game where I brought even one pokemon to lvl 100, and it was the entire team for this game.

Pikachu
Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Lapras
Aerodactyl

At least, those were the ones that i used for the elite four, I remember getting a Pidgey and rattata, seeing them as worthless after Brock crushed them, and plopped them in the PC, never to be heard from again. I think kabuto, hitmonchan, and two Snorlaxes were there too. I would never have done that if I played Yellow today.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
J.J rocket said:
Who are your orginal pokemon?
Original pokemon are the first six pokemon you have obtained in your first game. Only pokemon you captured, not traded ones.

Are we talking our original teams, or the first six random Pokemon that we captured? People appear to be confused, so this should probably be clarified. :x

Either way, the original six Pokemon I'd obtained/captured in Pokemon Red were probably Bulbasaur, Rattata, Pidgey, Caterpie, Pikachu, and Spearow (I honestly cannot remember that far back, but I tried to catch 'em all).
My original team on the other hand, as of the Elite 4, was Venusaur, Raichu, Pidgeot, Golem, Arcanine, and Vaporeon.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My first Pokemon came from Sapphire, since I didn't play the games until I was, what, 10? (I loved Pokemon since I could talk, though. XD)

Hm... I think I had a Mudkip, Taillow, Wingull, Wurmple, Shroomish, and Poochyena. I quickly switched Wurmple out for an Aron. XD And, like Katie, I tried to catch 'em all... before giving up when I couldn't find a Kirlia and I kept bumping into ZUBATS in some cave. <<

However, the actual team I used for most of the game involved my Swampert, Swellow/Altaria, Breloom, Aggron, Lanturn, and Sableye. Not the best team, but I was only focused on beating the E4 at the time, and this worked pretty nicely for me. XD

I got Diamond for my first game. I remember getting a Piplup, a Bidoof, a Kricketot, a Starly, a Zubat, and a Geodude. I switched out my Kricketot first for another Pokemon to use for HMs, but I forget what.

honistley i only rember my starter. charmander on fire red who was a Charmeleon befor i got out of the what its cald forst vridin or somthing.

So long ago! farout, i think it went something like this.

Blue version..

Squirtle
Pidgey
Caterpie
Pikachu
Nidoran F
Geodude

I couldn't remember the very first pokemon I've used, but certainly there's a graveler and my chosen starter there(for the very first time) was a squirtle,but since then, I've learned(and realized)that bulbasaur was the "starter" for me..so yeah..can't really remember the pokemon team I had..so I'll just have to post the previous ones that I've remembered, so here they are:

Bulbasaur
Pikachu
Zubat
Cubone
Hitmonlee
Snorlax

well..sorry about breaking your "rules" about posting the very first team that I had..if you want to delete this..it's fine with me! :)

Hmm, my first game was Gold, but I played it with my brother so I'll count Crystal as my first.

Cyndaquil
Sentret
Hoothoot
Caterpie
Krabby
Geodude

I'm pretty sure this was my team.

Totodile (and evos).
That whole first run of Crystal. BIYAH.
My brother had traded a level 100 Lapras from his Blue for me, but srsly, it was Feraligatr through the story. I didn't do any breeding til post Elite 4, so I didn't have an Espeon until after then. Good times.

God how is it I can remember this yet fail to remember other things;
Red;

Bulbasaur,
Nidoran(m)
Mankey,
Spearow,
Metapod,
Ratatta.

Can't remember my Red team too well so I'll have to use my Emerald team

Urm in Emerald I had:
Mudkip
Shiny Poochyena (First Wild Pokemon after I recieved my pokedex and pokeballs)
Electrike
Lunatone
Tropius
Castform (Would have probably been Heracross if the dude didn't shove Castform into my arms ¬.¬)

In my sapphire...god this is tricky but i think it was

Treecko
Skitty
Tailow
Staryu
Vulpix
Phanphy

Ionly caught a pokemon post league if it was gonna be on my team! ::)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I don't remember my entire original team from my very very first run of Red, all those years ago... But I seem to recall it involved Charizard, Pidgeot, Aerodactyl and Lapras. I don't even know how I survived with that glaring electric weakness, but eh. XD

My first PokeMon game was Emerald, in which, if I remember correctly, primarily used;

-Blaziken
-Mightyena
-Tentacruel
-Skarmory
-Rayquaza
-Relicanth

That's all I can remember. I remember it being a pretty solid team, too- And Skarmory and Relicanth were a bitch to catch |D

Blue:
Squirtle
Paras
Sandshrew
Doduo
Magmar
Magnemite

Yep I was pretty selective back then still am now I usually decide my team before I play or just play and catch what appeals to me

The oldest I can remember are from Pearl
Piplup
Shinx
Zubat
Abra
Onix
Magicarp
I think...
I have a pretty terrible memory.
I wish I could remember my Ruby team.

Oh wow this was a long time ago XD. From Pokemon Red Version my...

• Original Team consisted of : Alakazam, Victreebel, Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite and Machamp
  • First six Pokemon were: Squirtle, Pidgey, Mankey, Pikachu, Nidoran (male) and Caterpie.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
...I couldn't even tell you my final team in my initial run of Diamond, let alone my team from Blue all of those years ago. :x Not to mention that I'm fairly certain that I constantly changed my team around as I progressed through the game.

All that I know for a fact is that I had Squirtle as my starter and he kicked so much ass in every way, like I would beat all the Elite Four with him no matter how crappy Hydro Pump should be against some of the Pokemon. I do remember capturing a Metapod early on and engaging in fierce as hell Harden battles with other Metapods...those were pretty amazing. Other than that I really don't know. XP

Quite a while ago (Emerald)
Mudkip
Makuhita
Ralts
Trapinch
Wurmple

Now (E4 Time!)
Swampert (Knows Ice Beam)
Hariyama (Belly Drum + Vital Throw = OHKO!)
Gardevoir (knows Thunderbolt)
Flygon (nothing special)
Tropius (nothing special)
Aggron (knows Dragon Claw)

i forget what my first team was but i will tell u what my soul silver team was.

totadile
hoothoot
rattatta
bellsprout
caterpie
and i forget what the other is but now they are all fully evolved and they even beat my friends arceus

gahh. umm my first Fire Red...umm
First caught:
Charmander
Rattatta
Caterpie
Pidgey
Mankey
Ekans

I want to say my actual team was:
Charizard
Pidgiot
Scizor
Blissey
Rapadash
Vaporeon

Geez, this goes back to '97. Man, I had some good times.

Team: Nidoking, Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, Butterfree, and Dragonite.

First Team: Nidoran, Charmeleon, Pidgey, Pikachu, Metapod, and Clefairy.

Ahh this brings back memories. My original team in Pokémon Yellow in Gameboy was same as always: Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres cause they was my only fave of original of 151 Pokémon and if I remember correct, all of those Pokémon's I got traded one of my closest friend when I was little.

Pokemon Pearl
Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra
Starly-Staravia-Staraptor
Shinx-Luxio-Luxray
Machop-Machoke
Gastly-Haunter
Buizel-Floatzel

Beat Elite four easily especially the champion.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
If I remember correctly, my first Pokemon game was Pokemon Sapphire:
-Mudkip
- Whishmur
-Zubat
- Zigzagzoon
- Tailow
- Poocheyana

Platinum nuzlocke current team: chimchar, starly, Shinx, piplup, budew, ralts.

Chimmira chimchar: my starter.
Celeste starly: second pokemon I caught.
Loki Shinx: my third catch.
Lance piplup: rival starter. 4th catch
Carrie budew: 8th catch
Cleopatra ralts: no clue.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I am about to hand in any credentials I had as a Pokémon player... but way back in the mists of 2000, my team in Pokémon Yellow was:

Pikachu
Primeape
Poliwrath
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres

Yes, all three legendary burds were a part of my team. And two fighting types. And Pikachu. The shame will follow me forever.

Last edited:

Ghostly-Hedgehog

Formerly Colleen
Well im kinda bumbed at my team i had but in my defense i was like 4. XD
*Red version* *still have the cartrage*
Charmander
Caterpie
Caterpie
Pikachu
Sandshrew
Ditto………
i didnt know how to access the pc at the time

I am about to hand in any credentials I had as a Pokémon player... but way back in the mists of 2000, my team in Pokémon Yellow was:

Pikachu
Infernape
Poliwrath
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres

Yes, all three legendary burds were a part of my team. And two fighting types. And Pikachu. The shame will follow me forever.
Infernape was not in gen 1 Pokémon it's gen 4 so you cant have it on your Yellow team