• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which version will you play first: Pokémon X or Y?

Which of the two latest Pokémon games will you be playing first, if at all?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I currently have no plans to play either

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty straight forward question. Drop your vote in the poll and, if you'd like, give us a reply explaining your choice behind the version of these latest Pokémon games that you'll be getting and/or playing first if you plan to purchase both. :)

If you're not planning to play either of them anytime soon, why not?

I'm personally buying both versions from the get-go but have chosen to play Y first simply because I like Yveltal more then Xerneas. :p None of the other version exclusive Pokémon or Mega forms have stood out to me at this time, and I don't yet know enough about exclusive locations or features to base a decision on that either. Besides, with so many of my closest friends picking up X I'll be happy to throw Y's version exclusives at 'em. ♥

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I won't get to play either in a while, but the version I'll be getting is X. While I like Yveltal and Xerneas equally...

X has Clauncher. That settles it for me. XP

Honestly, I'm choosing to play Pokemon Y Version first solely because of Yveltal. I really like this Legendary, way more then Xerneas, and I'm having it on my first play through. Also, I like Spritzee a little more than Swirlix (but I'm not getting into their evolutions), but otherwise, X is superior with its version exclusives. I like Clauncher, Mega Mewtwo X, and Mega Charizard X more than Skrelp, Mega Mewtwo Y, and Mega Charizard Y. I am stubbornly sticking to Y right now, but my decision might change if we can get more information on how the games are different other then just Pokemon. I'd like to have more to go on :p

Pokemon Y, for me. I honestly don't care for any of the version exclusives, but I do like Yveltal more than Xerneas, and it would be easier to trade for an X exclusive than a mascot.
Also, my friend and I always get opposite versions, and we both desired our respective version anyway, so the choice is easy, really XP

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Like @ShinyZekrom009 I decided I was going to play Y ages ago based on Yveltal. I do like giant birds of doom. I also adore Spritzee/Aromatisse. I may be one of only a few it seems, but I do love the owl-gremlin critter :D I'm not bothered about much else, I do prefer Mega Charizard X over Y but that's no biggie.And I'll be getting both games at launch as I always have. 'Tis tradition~

like Shinyzekrom and magpie i was going to play pokemon Y first based on the yveltal but.... BECAUSE OF THE MEGA SUPER HYPER GIGA AWESOME ULTRA RARE SHINY BADASS GREAT EXTREME HYPER (i think you got the point)CHARIZARD i will play X first.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Pokemon Y is my chosen game for no better reason than tradition. Ever since Blue Version I've always gotten the second game of the pair and my brother gets the first.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
As I've said in various threads, Yveltal swayed this one for me as the exclusives beyond them do not mean a thing. I also prefer the Megas in Y, but I do not expect to use either Zard or Mewtwo anyways.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokémon X here! I like the legendary for X more than Y, but other than that I haven't really chosen X for any other reason besides the fact I always seemed quite drawn to it. I kinda regret not waiting it out a tad longer though, as I really don't like Mega Charizard X anywhere near as much as I like Mega Charizard Y, so a bit sad there. xp

Either way, X first and then I'll play Y sometime next year. ^^

I'm getting Pokemon X myself.

I'm really liking Fairy types so far (minus Sylveon) and Xerneas looks really cool. I also prefer Mega Charizard X. That's really the only reason. Version exclusives don't really matter to me because I can always trade for those because my boyfriend is getting Y so I don't have to worry about my issues with wifi.

I preordered Pokemon X because I love Xerneas and Mega Charizard X xD A couple of my friends are getting Y so huzzah for trading! (Although I actually need to worry about getting a 3DS first... /hasnopriorities)

Well I want to play X, but too many of my friends are going to play X, so I need to play Y so I can figure out for myself the differences between them. Plus, its kind of a rivalry thing my friend and I do where he has the stronger starter Pokemon, I have the weaker, he has one version, I have the other.

I don't really care about which version I get first, as long as it's X or Y. I've stopped using legendaries for a long time. Those used to be a major part of which game I bought. In terms of Charizard or Mewtwo, I'm probably just gonna get Bulbasaur or Squirtle, so I don't care about Charizard's Megas. In Mewtwo, I don't know why, but I like Mega Mewtwo Y better. So I might just get either, overall.