• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which real-life place would you like a future Pokémon region to be based on?

I'd like to see a region based around the UK, particularly London and Scotland, as well as Ireland. I'd like to see if the developers could weave in Celtic Lore with Pokemon.

This is a bit of a stretch probably, but I would love to see them design a region based off of the Kansas City metropolitan area (This includes Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri). It'd be cool to see a region with landmarks similar to Kauffman Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, the Legends, the Kansas Speedway, among many other things you can find in the Kansas City area.

I'd love to see a region based on Spain (I have a fanmade one that is, but I want a canon one!). Spain has such a rich culture, and varying ecosystems, as well as some awesome landmarks. It's also home to highly endangered species, like the Iberian lynx, which could easily be pokemon-ified.

I think it would be great if they made a region based off of Australia! I don't really feel like explaining myself, though... :p In second place, maybe they could incorporate a place like Antarctica into a region... where mainly Ice-types roam free, but there are other places to catch other types? I dunno, actually.

So after the Alola region which is a more sunny region. How about a colder region. We could mix Canada, Russia and Iceland into a colder region. Russia has a rich history with a mixture of warfare and peace. Canada is a beautiful place in general, and if I try to describe it I would disgrace the beauty of it. And Iceland has a great way of life with some isolation to give a more unique bit of flair to the region itslef. Maybe make it a mixture of names to name it. Russilanda. Or something along those lines. The idea to is to counteract the sunnier climate. We haven't had a colder climate or many places that are cold. Sinnoh and Unova had the cold climates teally. Then more temperate or warm.