• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which of AShs starting flying pokemon are the best

R

Ryan Lisman

You know how ash always has one major flying pokemon, which one do yo like the most.

Pidggeto/Pidgeot
Noctowl
Tailow/Swellow
Starly/Mukubird

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Mukubird's English name is Staravia, Ryan. Just for you to know.

The sad part is that all of Ash's birds had the same role and almost the same personality.

I'll have to go with Pidgeot, for the reason of it being there first, and having had the most personality so far, though his Swellow was also pretty rad.

But nostalgia wins.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
With the exception of Starly/Staravia, who hasn't really had a chance to do a whole lot yet, I have to say... wow, I love all 3 of 'em.

I guess, as a personal preference over the actual species, Noctowl would be teh winnar, but overall Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, Noctowl and Swellow have all been pretty much equal in the winsome books.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Pidgeot would steal my vote simply for nostalgia reasons, but since we only saw it in that stage for one episode... I'm going to say Swellow. Unlike Noctowl, and even Pidgeotto to an extent, I really took to Taillow/Swellow. It had some really awesome battles, and lots of great moments. Its true that all of Ash's birdies have a similar personality, but I'd still say Swellow... just because.

It's between Pidgeot and Swellow. Pidgeot because it was big enough to fly Ash on its back. It would have been cool if Ash took it to the Orange Islands. Swellow because it looks cool and is a good battler. I would have liked to see it use Steel Wing in the Anime.

R

Ryan Lisman

I always loved them except for Noctowl, I cried when Pidgeot left. I cant wait to have a starly.

Thanks for replying

For pure nostaligia it has to be Pidggeto.

I didnt really start paying attention again until swellow and now im growing towards him but my memory of ashes team will always be:

Bulbasaur,Squirtle,Charizard,Butterfree,Pidggeto and Pickachu.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, he said that in the dub (not sure about the original) and no, he never has come back to get Pidgeot. It's one of those things that drives half of the Pokemon fandom mad - just like the GS Ball :p

Pidgeot is the best (in my opinion). Is it like the fastest pokemon? But i also like swellow, because its got a lot of determination and power, and also Swellow won a lot of matches for Ash.
dcb5848eea55031ab5fe272fdd5a22bd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Pidgeot for the win!

Pidgeot was with Ash through the very begining... It left Ash only after it found that flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto being bullied by a flock of Spearow and a single Fearow. Ash agreed to it staying to watch the flock and said it would come back for it.

He never did... And I think that stinks...
considering how loyal Pidgeot was, and how it went through sop much with Ash. Like him losing Butterfree (so it could mate- and wait! Didn't he say he would see it again someday??), Being all those battles...

Pidgeot for the win...

All the other birds after that were an attempt to be Pidgeot and it take it's place... Yet they never truly could (for me at least).

Pidgeotto/Pidgeot has always been my favorite. It definitely had the most personality and it was with him from the start. Pidgeot owned! I'm still pissed at Ash for leaving it there in the woods :'(

i have a bias towards swellow, just because it's really the first one i really trained, and pidgeot just seems to be a pain to me. i like swellow's speed, and its atk. the starly line is good too, but nothing beats that swellow-speed.

so i vote swellow, and you should prolly make this a poll.

Favorite? Well, I'd have to say out of all of them, Pidgeot. Just because it looks better with Ash, and it's appearance looks like Ash's personality (a whole, "you can't beat this" sorta thing). When I heard Ash was going back to Kanto, I thought maybe that the Animé people had remembered what Ash said, so eventually he'd get it back. Oh well. Maybe this coming movie will be it's return? Maybe Dialga went back in time with Ash, showed him what he said, and he got it back. Or Darkrai gives him a horrible dream of Pidgeot being lonely. But, I doubt Ash would care too much, if he were real, but since the sappy Pokemon company owns him, he'll give a crap. Wow, I just typed a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash's best flying Pokemon was his Butterfree
which he caught in the forth episode
i think he caught Pidgeotto in the third episode which
technically means that was his starting flying pokemon
but i still like Butterfree better

Pidgeot

1. For starters, I've always had a thing for 3-stage Pokemon
2. Although Noctowl was pretty rare, Ash caught Pidgeot in Viridian Forest as a Pidgeotto, and the odds of that (at least in the 1st gen) are nothing short of miraculous.
3. Pidgeot displays a personality second only to Swellow, and is much more Valiant.

Maybe they got rid of Pidgeot seeing as how Ash wouldn't need to walk from city to city anymore if he could just fly over using his Pidgeot....

I would have to say Pidgeot ^^ Because I love all the originals!!
Though, Im pretty sure he said "I'll see you around" or something like that to him, not in dub, in dub he said he'd come back O_o..Well maybe he will..Some..Day Lol
Slightly random but out of all the flyers..Butterfree..Because he was awesome D=
Though not many people know this, (because they didnt put it in the dub haha) When butterfree's mate they die. So thats why he couldnt see his butterfree again, that kinda clears that up.
But I love the originals so...Pidgeot!^^ Plus..He was big and strong and..Cute!!^^ No offense but I thought the others looked kinda...Uh..weird..Specially Swellow..o.o

Pidgeot of course.By now it should one of Ashy boys most powerful pokemon instead he leaves them with a flock of Pidgey/Pidgeott.Its sad really those freaking birds Pidgeot is protecting should be Pidgeots by now.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
^ = Freakishly short post. You, sir, get a nice warning. This was right after another person got a warning too. My suggestion is to read the rules and to actually read the thread you're posting in.

Pidgeot simply because it looks cool, and apparently it can fly at mach-speed or something. Pidgeot P'Owns. It is too bad that he doesn't get Pidgeot back. That's the first thing I would have done when I got back. Forget the tearful family reunion, I'm going to get my Pidgeot back!

Oh, this is an easy one. It's gotta be Noctowl for me. Noctowl...the bird I have currently, Noctowl...the bird I watched last on the Tele, Noctowl...such a cooky little Pokemon -- and that's why I like 'm.

Oh yeah, and he's an owl. Owl's seem so much different than the other birds, which supports the originality I stand for!