• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which 'Novelty' pokemon is your favourite?

Which 'Novelty' pokemon is your favourite?

• Farfetch'd

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Ditto

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Unown

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Shuckle

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Delibird

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Smeargle

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Plusle

• Minun

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Spinda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Castform

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Kecleon

• Luvdisc

• Chatot

• Total voters
My favourite is Delibird.
It reminds me of christmas.
However, when I played on pokemon snap, my favourtite pokemon overall was actually ditto. I really liked how it could transform. And it looks so funny when in a battle against another ditto!
[Edit]
Actually, no. DITTO IS AMAZING. It's my favourite novelty pokemon. It is great for breeding and sending in to battle against pokemon with much lower levels than itself.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I'm gonna leep this open, on the condition that it leads to some more discussion...

I like so called novelty Pokemon, they make a nice change, so just try and talk about WHY you like them, and the topic may live.

I've always been keen on Smeargle, visually, but not used it in game. Shuckle is a favorite too, but I don't see it as too much of a novelty.

As for Unown, well, they are useless as far as battling goes, but I do like the whole language thing.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have to say, Plusle and Minun are my favorite. Can't really choose between the two of them, just 'cause they're twin Pokemon, they're uber cute, and they be electric types, one of my favorites right next to Flying and Psychic types.

I also love Ditto just because it can transform into different Pokemon. Shuckle's good too, just 'cause it's cute and has really good defenses (my friend has one and it's a nightmare to kill), and others are great as wells but I can't name them off the top of my head without looking at the poll list again. XD

EDIT: hahaha, Spinda, Kecleon, Farfetch'd or whatever that bird's called, and Chatot are all on my favorite list as well. Chatot above those other three because it's nice and colorful and cute and stuffs and has a head shaped like an eighth note and stuffs. Faves still have to be Plusle and Minun though. XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm going with the same as Shiny, except I choose Minun specifically since it helped me quite a bit in Pokemon Ranger and I prefer its blue theme to Plusle's red. Also of note is that Plusle and Minun ALMOST became part of the playable Brawl roster as a pair similar to the Ice Climbers. I personally wouldn't have minded seeing the two of them make an appearance - maybe next time?

Carmen, you monster D:

Out of that selection there, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between the sex-putty and luvdisc :V
Luvdisc is adorable with its perpetually 'MWAH MWAH' expression, and Heart Scales ftw.

Ditto... Well.
:V

Also, special mention for Spinda. Virgy turned me D:

Edit: psssshhhhhhhhfff duh. Smeargle too of course :V
Any friend of making a mess with paint is a friend of mine

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ditto hands down. Shapeshifters are awesome. Although Smeargles are also high on the awesome list.

I wouldn't call Farfetch'd a novelty. It's stupidly rare, yes, but it's just a run-of-the-mill normal/flyer with no special aspect worth mentioning. It was only available via trading in Gen 1? So was Jynx. It has an item that works on only it? So do Pikachu and Chansey and no one calls THEM novelties. >>;

Chansey may have originally been intended to be a novelty pokemon, but Gens II and IV have seen it get an evolution and pre-evolution, therefore discounting it from the list.
As for Pikachu, it is a sort of novelty, but in a different way. Like Chansey, it has a pre-evolution and an evolution. It is (or was) a novelty in the fact that it is series mascot (although Clefairy was the intended mascot.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ditto for me.

I like a handful of the Pokemon on that list, but I'd pick Ditto as my favourite due to its interesting quirks. While a few other Pokemon can gain transforming abilities as well, Ditto only being able to transform is a really interesting trait. I also highly appreciate all of its breeding applications, and I abuse the things on a regular basis XD

My runner-up would probably be Smeargle simply because of everything it can do. Its sketching is really interesting, and I'm looking forward to raising one myself someday soon...

Seeing as I've recently picked up PBR and a Wii, I tried one of my Ditto's from breeding that I had on my PC boxes. Level 60, so works well with most of my teams.

Its really fun to use in PBR too, Transforming to get some variety in my battles, or if I need some more power then Transforming into my teammate :p

Agreeing with Katie here, Ditto > all.

Plusle and Minun for me.

Those two are such strange litle things. Electromagentic Cheerleaders and all that. Still, they are rather adorable, and I have been foolish enough to bring one into battle, considering the hell they gave me on Gen 3, I was hoping thay had some sort of redeeming value. They are also rather neat for being one of the most recognizable Twin Pokemon, and possibly the two species one might think about if the subject ever stems up. (Nidoran technically came first, but I just love how the two are polar opposites of one another.)

My favorite novelty Pokemon would have to be Ditto. I really like how Ditto can transform to be any other Pokemon. I also always abuse my Dittos for breeding, so I have to give them some credit.

I Would have to say Shukle, I just love the design, it's so simple and easy to draw, me being a crappy artist that makes it a good thing haha

also it's defense is through the roof!

I have a healthy respect for how one Ditto has sired upwards of 200 pokemon in a single save file, for me.

That said, I generally hate the novelty pokemon. Sort of feels to me like they're trying too hard to be irresistibly awesome to make up for how incredibly difficult they are to do anything with.

...I guess Smeargle is ok because it's useful, and Unown gets a pass because I enjoyed the story in Silver/Gold. The other ones can get off my @#$% lawn, though.

I have to say, Plusle and Minun are my favorite. Can't really choose between the two of them, just 'cause they're twin Pokemon, they're uber cute.

Since Eevee isn't on the list, I'll have to go with what Shiny said. ^_^

I can't really choose between Plusle or Minun because I've used them both (trained, as well as shown in contests in the Hoenn region), and like them both.

I

Infernape Rulez

I Like Smergle. Once I was gonna do a Hydro Cannoning Blast Burning Frezy Planting Volt Tackling Smergle. That was worth a chuckle. :p Yep.

Damn, I'm the only one who voted Kecleon.
XD
Anyway, I personally reeeaaally like Kecleon. If any of you go on GTS+, you'll see that I have Kecleon in my sig. I love it. 'Specially when it's shiny.

Ditto. FTW. I mean, come on, how can you resist something that lets you achieve all of your breeding needs!? I've used Ditto many times to breed Pokemon when I don't have two of the same species, and I've used it A LOT.