• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which New Feature Do You Like the Most?

Which of these new features do you most enjoy?

• Creative Corner

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Trainer Card Maker 4

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.1%
    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Status Updates

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Following

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Tagging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social Connect

• Other Profile Extras (Types, etc.)

• Total voters
Of the various new features that came about with the new Pokecharms, which one do you find yourself enjoying the most?

There's the Creative Corner, which allows users to create and display works of art or literature that they've created. It's a place to show off your creativity and imagination prominently!

Trainer Card Maker 4, or TCM4, is the latest of the Trainer Card Makers, with tons of sprites, backgrounds, and Pokemon to choose from! Your name, Friend Code, and any Badges you pick will also be displayed. Once you finish your card, you can save it to your profile, and using the codes, you can share it in your signature, on the forums, or even on a few social media websites.

Trophies are awarded for numerous acts on this website, including posting on the Forums, creating Works in the Creative Corner, receiving Likes, and so on. Each Trophy is worth points, which you collect when you obtain that Trophy.

Another new feature is Likes! Just about anything on this site, be it a Work, Forum Post, Trainer Card, or Status Update can be Liked! This shows your appreciation and liking for the subject of your Like.

Status Updates are short posts on your Profile, letting others know what you are doing or how you're feeling at the moment, or possibly informing others about an event that just occurred.

Before, there was Friends. Now, there's Following, which shows you are interested in what the user you Follow is doing on the site. It also means their activity shows up in your News Feed.

Tagging, as the name suggests, allows a user to "tag" another user to a post, if that user has something to do with the post that he or she is being tagged in.

Want to link to a social media website, such as Facebook? Social Connect allows you to do just that.

And finally, there are other Profile Extras, such as Types, Natures, and Characteristics, that you can set of your profile. The Types, in particular, are displayed at the top of your Profile, so its a greta opportunity to show off either your favorite types or the types you would be if you were a Pokemon.

Out of all these, which is your favorite? ;)

I, personally, enjoy the Creative Corner the most. That place has spurred me into finally writing for this site, and sharing my written works with everyone! It's a place where I'll be showing off my mostly Pokemon-related creativity, but it's also a place for artists to show off their work as well, not just writers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I had to think about this for a bit, because I really, truly appreciate everything that was added during the relaunch. The TCM, Likes, Following, Cryptidex mods, status updates, profile extras, and everything is just so great, and the more I explore the site, the more I fall in love with it every little thing here. ♥

I guess the thing that amazes me the most is the Creative Corner. Knowing that @Teapot made that himself and didn't just build it off, say, Xenforo or something is probably what gets me a lot. Even though there are some funny things that happen in the corner, being able to look at people's artworks in one area without having to click through various topics is great. The fact that we can also go to someone's profile and see what artworks they've uploaded to the corner is also awesome, and I hope to see the corner become greater and better!

Honestly, it was tough choosing just one option. I'm really, really impressed with the new 'Charms redesign as a whole and I'm loving all the activity (I hope we keep it up). This wasn't in the poll, but the thing I like most about the forums is the integration overall. At first the main site and the forums were largely separated and I know I found myself just going to the forums and bypassing the front page sometimes. Now everything is very streamlined and is one entity.

I ended up choosing the Creative Corner because I find it's a very nice way to preview my written stuff or post one-offs so people can take a quick peak. One of the stories I'm hoping to write at some point was how Carmen received her Torchic as a starter despite beginning her journey in Sinnoh ♥

Edit: @Teapot Once again, you did an awesome job~

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Trophies, Likes, Status updates, Tagging...

Actually, you missed one. The ability of the forum to save posts and comments PROPERLY. I'd add it, but I'm not sure what that would do to the existing poll votes.

I'll love the Creative Corner when all the new features are added ;). Yes, it's still being actively worked on! All hail @Teapot and the other admins!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can't just choose one as my 'favorite' frankly. This incarnation of 'charms is the best one so far, and all these features have a part to play in this.

However, I think that most of my excitement re: this launch relates to the Creative Corner. It may be little more than just functional now - but it is slowly coalescing into what will probably be one of the best things ever.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Why isn't there an option for everything? </3 I mean, fine, my opinion is very, very, biased for certain reasons, b-but I like everything about the new 'Charms. D:

That said, if I have to pick what I like the most I'd say it's the Creative Corner and the ability to Like things. Also the fact we killed off our old news system and everything is so much easier now, that will forever make me happy.

I also really appreciate being able to tag people for their attention and what we've done with the profiles though, both are really nifty things. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Why isn't there an option for everything? </3
^ This :D

I like the features as a whole, rather than maybe favouriting one individual element to the update. I love the trophies (no bias) and the liking/tagging. I enjoy the following side to things and I adore the new profiles with type selection and whatnot~

Creative Corner is ♥ and once it's complete it shall be the awesome awesomesauce is made from!

Well, if I made an option for Everything, then everyone pick it :D , which kind of defeats the purpose of a poll.

Of course, if a thread were made to discuss all of the new features, then you would be able to express your liking for the new features as a whole as much as you wish. ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I choose Xenforo. Does that count as a feature? It's totally the best feature. :D

But in all seriousness, I love everything listed in that poll but the Creative Corner is my favourite of the 'lot. Being able to tag and Like people's posts is fun, as are the extended profiles and the ability to save our TCM cards to our profiles, but the Corner is fresh and new and already works quite well even in its incomplete state. Many thanks to everyone who helped make it a reality and to everyone who's contributed works to it thus far. It's been lots of fun looking through everyone's stuff and I can't wait to see how much the Corner evolves over the coming months. :)

Last edited:
Personally, as a new member to the site, I was originally drawn to the site because of the Trainer Card Maker, although now I use it for news, my own works and arts, and viewing others works. I think the Creative Corner is easily the most attractive part of the site, but the site in its entirety is very well done and polished. The ONE complaint I would have is the loss of genders on the trainer cards.. I know it's unnecessary, but when I'm writing stories it helps me keep solid personalities on all the Pokemon.

Oh! one more thing: the Cryptidex is fabulous. It is my #1 source for all Pokemon related news at the moment, and I check it daily. I can't wait to see what happens to the site over the release of Pokemon X and Y!

I voted following as I can easily see status updates and forum posts in my news feed, sometimes I avoid looking at a thread because someone I'm unfamiliar with has posted last but if I know someone else has posted there then I feel more obligated to look.

The creative corner is lovely but missing a page feature for back tracking which causes me to miss some hidden gems within there. TCM 5 is good as well admittedly not something I use much but I like the new layout, I'd love to see some more trainer sprites for it because even though there is a wide range, I sometimes feel it's lacking somewhere, also waiting for the next update to bring XY stuff in because some of the new 'mons fit perfectly into my teams