• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which is the best hitmon?

Which is the best hitmon?

• Hitmonlee

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Hitmontop

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
I am thinking about traing a tyrouge in soul silver but I am not sure which of the evolutions would be the best overall. I have looked at thier stats and movepools and it is still a hard decision for me. I would like to hear your opinions whether they are from Past experience or what you just think will be a good one.

Keep in mind their stats and movepools in your decision. :)

That depends.
Is the idea to use it just in game? If so, I would opt for Hitmonchan, simply because the elemental punches can be boosted by iron fist, and they give you some nice type coverage.

Outside of that though, it really is a matter of personal preference. (That, and I am not qualified to discuss the metagame.)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
That depends on what you want said Hitmon to do.

Hitmonlee's raw power, decent bulk (SP.Defense-wise) and not bad Speed makes him a simple but effective attacker overall. Hitmonchan lacks some of Hitmonlee's power but makes up for it with Iron Fist as well as a wide variety of moves to use with it - the Elemental Punches for one, as well as potent first-strike attacks like Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. Hitmontop is a more support-oriented Pokemon, who makes good use of moves such as Fake Out, Rapid Spin, Counter and Endeavor.

Overall, the best one to choose is simply the one you need the most, as far as their job roles go. That said, my personal favourite is Hitmonchan for his movepool and hard-hitting priority moves.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Personally, my favorite is Hitmonlee because I am a highly offensive based battler. Lee not only has the best Attack of his brothers, but also numerous high powered moves such as Hi Jump Kick and Mega Kick to deal significant damage to opponents.

That said, it depends on your battling preference. Xatu and KoL already covered Hitmonchan, and KoL pretty much gave you the gist of Hitmontop. All that's left is for you to decide what works best for you.

This is a personal sort of answer from me, because I'd go with Hitmontop. Sure I enjoy the attacking power of Hitmonlee and the elemental attacks of Hitmonchan. Hitmontop would come out in between, but he has access to some handy moves that can be backed for additional effectiveness. Triple Kick on its own can be useful, so focusing on improving accuracy will guarentee some powerful hits. Agility in combination with Gyro ball is also effective. And that would leave space for either feint to stop protectors, or Rock Slide for countering flying types.

Like everyone else says, it's a matter of preference, and depends on how you plan to use your Hitmon

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Uh, Agility in combination with Gyro Ball would make Gyro Ball do less damage. Gyro Ball does more damage if you're slower than the opponent, not faster than them.